IGNORED

"OmniFlop" does the trick! (-:

GratedTopping

I'm a happy "nerd".

I've been trying to find the easiest ways to move TI files to the PC. Recently, I was using a terminal emulator on the TI and on an old PC laptop and transferring through the serial cable.

It was recommended here that I could use Barry Boone's archive-program to compress a disk to a file and then I'd just have to transfer one file...but I couldn't get that to work. I couldn't get the laptop to send the archiver to the TI.

I have a 3.5 floppy on the TI. On my PC, I was hoping that "TI99-PC" would read such disks, but a problem apparently with that is that the floppy disk

controller on many old PC's can't read single density.

All was not lost: "OmniFlop" CAN make the PC read single density. It had a driver that replaces the floppy disk filing system, allowing you to access so many types of disks from old machines! It still allows normal formatting of regular disks on Windows. Details say that you don't need to install/replace the floppy

disk controller [FDC] unless you're using a TI with quad format (something like that; I forget, but it's not something that I think anybody has).

Replace the floppy driver with the one with the product and you've got access to read and write so many classic formats.

Using TI disks was added to the most recent edition and it works great! I can now read and write to all TI 3.5 disks. Apparently, it would work on an ancient machine that would have the 5 1/4 disk drive, too, but it is not recommended.

On the TI, I backup a 5 1/4 disk to the 3.5 using "Disk Manager II". Then, use "OmniFlop". It saves all files on a disk as a V9T9 [Win994a] disk file for use with the emulator and it's really exciting!

It's just as easy to take a "Win994a" .TIdisk file and have its contents written to the 3.5 disk for use on my TI.

I don't recall ever hearing of this product here; it's awesome! I can't be the only one who discovered it. (-:

I'm definitely going to donate to the author.

http://www.shlock.co.uk/Utils/OmniFlop/OmniFlop.htm#top

Edited by GratedTopping

Thanks for pointing this out. ;)

Did you use OmniFlop "manually", I mean by issuing the required commands or did you use the menu program that Paolo Bagnaresi wrote ?

We have Paolo's menu program added to the development resources sticky thread (check the file transfer section).

But I'm not certain if it's the most recent version.

Either way it doesn't harm to add a direct link to omniflop.

If you did issue the omniflop commands manually, would you mind sharing the details (parameters, etc.) ?

http://www.shlock.co.uk/Utils/OmniFlop.zip

On my WindowsXP machine, I just used the "wizard" executable that came with the download of v2.2d; there's a beta release available to download as well.

I never tried any command line statements; I guess there's a different version for those who want to use it that way.

Thanks for pointing this out. ;)

Did you use OmniFlop "manually", I mean by issuing the required commands or did you use the menu program that Paolo Bagnaresi wrote ?

We have Paolo's menu program added to the development resources sticky thread (check the file transfer section).

But I'm not certain if it's the most recent version.

Either way it doesn't harm to add a direct link to omniflop.

If you did issue the omniflop commands manually, would you mind sharing the details (parameters, etc.) ?

post-22457-128527368035_thumb.jpg