IGNORED

Classic Gaming references on TV

gamer2

Obligatory post of Seinfeld Frogger Arcade. :cool:

froggerseinfeld.jpg

heehee lol that and the episode about the lady with an apartment full of vintage toys are my favorite Seinfeld episodes.

The other episode I'm talking about they show George Costanza playing an old electronic baseball handheld.They'd go over this lady's house ,get her drunk on boxed wine and then play with all her vintage toys LOL.

froggerseinfeld.jpg

heehee lol that and the episode about the lady with an apartment full of vintage toys are my favorite Seinfeld episodes.

The other episode I'm talking about they show George Costanza playing an old electronic baseball handheld.They'd go over this lady's house ,get her drunk on boxed wine and then play with all her vintage toys LOL.

What about the Diff'rent strokes episode "The Bicycle man (aka the pedophile episode)", you can spot an intellivision on the table, and a nondescript arcade cabinet in the background.

froggerseinfeld.jpg

What about the Diff'rent strokes episode "The Bicycle man (aka the pedophile episode)", you can spot an intellivision on the table, and a nondescript arcade cabinet in the background.

I vaguely remember that episode! Was'nt that the one where Arnold and Kimberly get kidnapped? :ponder: I used to think that one was scary lol.

I just read about the Seinfeld episode about the toy lady and the episode is called 'The Merv Griffin Show' that also had Kramer digging up an old tv show set out of the dumpster lol .And also said it was an electronic football handheld that George was playing not a baseball one.

What about the 1981 made for tv movie starring Gary Coleman called On the Right Track?

You'll notice at 3:29 Gary's opening an Atari 2600 box.

There are two references to Atari in Everybody Hates Chris:

The episode where he is the Asteroids champ of his neighborhood in "Everyone Hates The Lottery":

And the episode where he is playing with an Atari 2600 with his best friend Greg in "Everybody Hates Greg" at about 2:20, 4:51, and more:

Alias had several video game references. The older one (and probaly one the folks here are more interested in) has a scene where a worker is using a Atari 2600 joystick during a break and holds up a few seconds later the joystick and the Asteroids game cart, saying something about "Always enjoy playing a classic". You don't actually see anything on the TV screen since the camera is on him, but you can hear the sound effects. In another episode he's also busted for having a PS2 in the lab, which he protests he just brought in to download updates. :) And it's not classic, but yet another episode has two people playing on a XBox, again, you can see the system but nothing on the TV screen.

Edited by SoulBlazer

Well I guess I was wondering if the references in Square Pegs & Silver Spoons count since of course when the episodes aired the games weren't "classic gaming".

Ummm, I'm not sure either, but I think this counts either way; I have seen two episodes of Magnum P.I. where Higgins and I think Rick were playing the yellow Tomy Pac-man handheld. This was late '80s and the handheld came out early '80s, so I think that qualifies. Higgins playing a videogame seemed strangely out of character, BTW...strange item to have just laying around Robin Masters' estate....... Morgan

• 8 months later...