IGNORED

M Networks Tron Joystick

etschuetz

Mine still works, from back-in-the-day. Although I never used it all that much. Mainly because after awhile, the suction cups that held it to the table failed. I eventually found some replacements, but it mostly just sits on a shelf now, looking cool.

It would look even cooler with some blue LEDs in it. :ponder:

I could have sworn the last atari2600.com newsletter said there was a big NOS find of these in venazuela recently. Just loose controllers though, no box and pack in games.

Yes, vol. 5, issue 7, July 2010: "In June, several new unboxed M-Network Tron Controllers from Venezuela were sold on eBay. Prices hovered around $30.00 which is market correct for a good used example."

$5 in Kansas is a rather good deal. The stick wasn't made with the toughest components, but it is a nice conversation piece and a nod to the glory of TRON.

I could have sworn the last atari2600.com newsletter said there was a big NOS find of these in venazuela recently. Just loose controllers though, no box and pack in games.

Yes, vol. 5, issue 7, July 2010: "In June, several new unboxed M-Network Tron Controllers from Venezuela were sold on eBay. Prices hovered around $30.00 which is market correct for a good used example."

$5 in Kansas is a rather good deal. The stick wasn't made with the toughest components, but it is a nice conversation piece and a nod to the glory of TRON.

Cool, glad you could confirm that. I was looking all over my house for the newsletter, started wondering if I really read that or not. Thanks :)

Nice find!

It looks like a modification of one I used to have that was similar but all black, and a smaller top with a red fire button. No manufacturer was listed on it. Good grab! Love that translucent blue. :thumbsup:

They were made by the same company, Champion Electronics. I think the name of the black one is the Champ, sometimes called the Super Champ (or maybe there are two slightly different models).

Nice find!

It looks like a modification of one I used to have that was similar but all black, and a smaller top with a red fire button. No manufacturer was listed on it. Good grab! Love that translucent blue. :thumbsup:

They were made by the same company, Champion Electronics. I think the name of the black one is the Champ, sometimes called the Super Champ (or maybe there are two slightly different models).

Indeed! Found a pic of the Super Champ, it was a decent stick. But not as cool by far as the Tron one. :)

post-26714-128546817543_thumb.gif

Nice find!

Indeed! Found a pic of the Super Champ, it was a decent stick. But not as cool by far as the Tron one. :)

post-26714-128546817543_thumb.gif

I had one of those as a kid. I used to love showing people how the cord would retract into the controller and everyone always thought that was cool but I rarely ever used it for actual gameplay. The Wico command control was my blaster of choice ;)

• 2 months later...