IGNORED

Atari Gaming Goodies - Ixion & Pole Position Race Designer & X

therealbountybob

I'm dumping a few bits that I've not seen elsewhere:

All disks/ATRs are DOS 2.x with an autorun menu (1050 enhanced density).

The first is a decent version of Ixion. This really superb game is the current HSC pick, so please feel free to post a score! This version says "Supplied by the Happy Hero in 1986 Cracked in 2 hours" and is a much better version of the game than is on Atarimania or elsewhere?! No graphical corruption, triple shot and proper sound effects. Please update your archives guys! (ixion.exe renamed as autorun.sys)

Ixion-BestVersion-HappyHero1986.ATR

The 2nd Disk contains various games that I added extra lives to a long while ago: Ixion hacked with 50 lives (not to be used in the High Score Club!) plus Preppie! Preppie II, Lost Tomb and Mr Do's Castle. Good for anyone who struggles at games, though even with more lives I never escaped from Lost Tomb!

ExtraLivesGamesVol1.ATR

The third disk contains the various Pole Positions.

A big thanks to Fandal :thumbsup: who a couple of days ago kindly patched the Race Designer and Pole Position X to run on a 130XE (or any XL/XE with more than 64K). The Race Designer and version X have no auto centering which makes the game completely different and may be a tougher challange. In the original Pole Poisition it was too easy to skid past everyone and stay in the middle of the road for overtaking :ponder:

To use the Race Designer press H for Help, L to Load, type TRACK001 and press return. This will load a track I knocked up; you can create some spectacular sweeping bends but if you make them too drastic you see cars on the grass! I just qualified in 8th place so see how you do. Track files are saved as .RCE and are not loadable from the disk menu. Note once you press P to play a course if you've not saved your work it will be lost!

There are various other file versions of pole position here but the XPlus version seems to put the flags in the road and others have the chequered flag corrupted. If anyone has a FILE version of the standard pole position that has good flags or better version of XPlus please post a copy. "Pole 0" looks like a compiled basic version of the game!

PolePositions.ATR

Disk Four has the 7 track hack versions with standard controls.

PolePositionsTrackHacks1-7.ATR

Have fun and feel free to post any other little gems you have in your collections that may be missing from the databases :)

Game on!

trbb

• Like 2

I'm dumping a few bits that I've not seen elsewhere:

All disks/ATRs are DOS 2.x with an autorun menu (1050 enhanced density).

The first is a decent version of Ixion. This really superb game is the current HSC pick, so please feel free to post a score! This version says "Supplied by the Happy Hero in 1986 Cracked in 2 hours" and is a much better version of the game than is on Atarimania or elsewhere?! No graphical corruption, triple shot and proper sound effects. Please update your archives guys! (ixion.exe renamed as autorun.sys)

Ixion-BestVersion-HappyHero1986.ATR

So there is graphical corruption on the Atarimania version? I was beginning to think it's my loader not being able to handle the COM file.

Wow 45 downloads of Ixion, there's still time to post a score in the High Score Club folks, don't be shy ;) Checkout the bonus challenges too!

There's no commitment to play regularly just play when you like. New players and players of all abilities welcome, screenshots are optional :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

I loved bellum, I'm a sad scramble addict and in the case of Bellum I was playing the pre production version courtesy of Adam himself, he was a semi regular visitor to Maplin and brought it in for me to have a play with..Nice guy, terrible memory :)

I also did a lives cheat back then but it went so thank you kind sir, also did an Atari800win / Altirra code which I think is still in the cheat pack that comes with Atari800Win.

Edited by Mclaneinc