IGNORED

New Skunkboard on the way?

Sauron

well seeming as though the existing internet jaguar archives aren't friendly towards the Skunk, then the skunk needs more games/software etc

The more people who have skunks, the more people will code for it!!!

[edit]

Also the skunk is first and foremost a developers tool...

Edited by orpheuswaking

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, update time!

Long story short, we hit a snag with a chip. You can read all about it on http://www.goatstorepublishing.com, as I just posted a rather lengthy discussion of exactly what happened there, but to keep this pretty short, we had a FLASH chip that we really NEEDED for production that went out of production, and through a bunch of circumstances we were able to get them and get everything back on track, but the board will be delayed by an expected three months.

All is still well, pre-orders have been emailed and offered refunds if they so choose, and if you're waiting to pre-order still, there is a chance that you'll get to if any pre-orders cancel. Otherwise, when they ship we'll know if we have extras. With any luck, we should have some that will be available for sale then.

Thanks for the support everyone, and if you have any questions about the delay, contact me!

How are the boxes coming along for those who have skunk already?

I wrote this back in an email to someone else already, but the nutshell is...

We held off box production until we knew what we were doing with the carts. Now that we have everything confirmed, we should be able to move forward with box and instruction production, and theoretically get them out to people who ordered just them before the Skunkboards ship. I'm hoping that we can finish them up this month and ship early next month, however with the Midwest Gaming Classic coming up, I allow myself the right to push the actual sending of those until April. We really were trying to avoid MGC crunch time with this production run, and this delay / whatever you want to call it more or less now lands a lot of the important stuff that I need to track on the same timeline, so we'll do what I can but I won't make any date promises other than the same 5/15 date...

Although, like I said, I expect we'll have them before that point.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

In my mailbox this morning:

I’m writing with great news! As of today, we have confirmed a date for the final pieces of the Skunkboards arriving, and we have set a shipping date for all of the Skunkboards -- this coming Saturday, November 5th!

Looking forward to it, but even more interesting was this bit lower down:

we have two more special Jaguar projects that we’ll be announcing in the next month!

Hope they're games!

In my mailbox this morning:

I’m writing with great news! As of today, we have confirmed a date for the final pieces of the Skunkboards arriving, and we have set a shipping date for all of the Skunkboards -- this coming Saturday, November 5th!

Looking forward to it, but even more interesting was this bit lower down:

we have two more special Jaguar projects that we’ll be announcing in the next month!

Hope they're games!

Interested in knowing as well...

Edited by rush6432

So, orders are done? How much is (or was, as the case would seem to be) this?

$116ish. Apparently there might be a few available down the line as they're holding on to some to cover any potential problems with getting the skunks to their new owners.

What's a skunkboard worth? I bought one way back in the day and never used it...

Before the skunk III run, apparently up to 3x the original price (that's probably for a skunk II rather than the first one). Now, probably somewhere North of the price of the skunk III. There are still people who want one who missed out on this latest run. I was lucky to spot the chance to order a few recently (for members of our group) when the producers had the amazing news that every single piece worked OK, quite pleased about that!

My advice is get it into the hands of someone who wants to make use of it producing games.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The Ghost boards are the definate last run, but with this run there should be over 400 Skunkboards out there in the wild. That's got to help the cost a little, plus I expect Dan will have stock for the store for a while (that was the intent!)

These boards came about only due to luck, in that two of the places we were trying to source flash chips from both came through. Rather than try to resell the spare chips, we decided to put them to work. But this flash has been out of production for nearly two years now, and there is just no stock out there. Any newer boards will need a different design.

Wanted to make sure that everyone knew about these... if you haven't heard about the Ghost Skunkboards, head to http://www.goatstore.com and you can see them there.

What Tursi said in the post above this is exactly right -- we wanted to have some stock inventory of these to last in the store for a while. But, that is what we planned on the first run too, and those sold out 100% way before we ever got shipment. We had pre-order for that open for a few months, and could have run many more if there was demand, but we didn't see it. When we started shipping, we got absolutely bombarded with people asking us about these boards and if they could get on the list for more of them.

As of right now, we have sold over 20% of this run in the first 48 hours since opening pre-order for it. There is *absolutely* no guarantee that we will have these in stock even at the end of this week, much less in a month or two. As Tursi mentioned, this is the last time this current board design will be available to be ran, so if you want a Skunkboard, please don't wait and order yours sooner than later. We both really want everyone who wants one of these to be able to get this -- which is why we did the long pre-order period last time -- but beyond this, our hands will pretty much be tied.

Thanks for the support everyone, and happy deving :)