IGNORED

New Skunkboard on the way?

Sauron

Finally got the three skunk IIIs today:

skunks.png

There they are, frolicking with their older siblings.

Think I solved the mystery of the USB cables at least. Looks like some charge-only cables got mixed up with the data cables as all those received here were the type used for charging phones, ps3 pads etc., not for data transfer. So the cables received are not defective, just not the correct spec. of cable to make the GoodThings™ happen.

So once I've charged my skunk, how long will it run before I have to plug the Jaguar back in? ;-) Sorry, daft joke, over the moon with my new goodies, thanks to everyone involved in making these!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

It still seems odd to me that would just fall off, it would take at least some tension to tug the pads off the board. But I'd like to know if anyone else had it just fall off too.It's definite that none were shipped loose, we would not have been able to test them.

This is strange... the four big pads have been scraped from the board, so the connector must have had some force applied on it, but the five small pads look intact...

Anyways, it looks like it's possible to resolder the connector (you should add some strong glue as well, as it will no longer be held in place by the big pads).

• Like 2

This is strange... the four big pads have been scraped from the board, so the connector must have had some force applied on it, but the five small pads look intact...

Anyways, it looks like it's possible to resolder the connector (you should add some strong glue as well, as it will no longer be held in place by the big pads).

Thats the thing... had it setup nicely with a lengthly cord out of harms way. Never tugged on it. had the jag and laptop on same surface not more than a half a foot to a foot away from each other. What throws me (like zerosquare stated) is that the main pins on the connector are intact. if they were bent i would obviously think right away it must have been tugged on somehow. It was perfectly fine when it arrived and worked without a hitch.

Not bashing by any means, Was just curious if anyone else had it happen at all.

• Like 1

And a merry Christmas (or soon thereafter) it will be. I am still a little bit unclear as to what I am getting. Am I getting the one with the nice box and cart casing or just the board itself? I guess I will find out later unless somebody tells me sooner. ;)

The skunk is a bare board. The skunk III ghost comes with a box & manual. It's simple (and advisable) to fit the skunk into a cart case... there are a few ways to go about it, you can tinker with the insides & squeeze it in (not done that myself, others have) or cut a couple of holes in the back to give the large USB ports some room. Loop a cable around inside so it can't be tugged on and damage the skunk and have it wherever suits your setup best (I prefer out of an end of the 'handle' part of the cart case).

• Like 3

And a merry Christmas (or soon thereafter) it will be. I am still a little bit unclear as to what I am getting. Am I getting the one with the nice box and cart casing or just the board itself? I guess I will find out later unless somebody tells me sooner. ;)

Every order shipped to this point comes with:

Rev 3 Ghost Skunkboard

Skunkboard Box

Skunkboard Instructions

USB Cable (that actually carries data!)

And, for pre-ordering, a copy of Cool Herders.

We have a few Skunkboards left, but they will no longer come with Skunkboards. We're hoping to keep these in stock for a decent period of time, but we'll see...

Gary and I stayed up past midnight last night putting together all the packages. We wanted to surprise people, as the boards came in far faster than was originally anticipated!

• Like 3

We have a few Skunkboards left, but they will no longer come with Skunkboards. We're hoping to keep these in stock for a decent period of time, but we'll see...

So if you buy a skunkboard you don't get a skunkboard?

Oh geez, sorry. Late night coupled with early morning means Dan doesn't make any sense today...

If you buy a Skunkboard, you don't get Cool Herders any more. You would still get a Skunkboard.

Now where's my Mountain Dew?

Anyone else happen to have this happen out of the blue???

Yep this happened to me, but not out of the blue. I foolishly pulled the usb cable from my skunkv2 a bit too harsher than usual and off it came, along with some of the green motherboard paint (err, dunno how it's called :D). So, what I did (or rather, a friend of mine) was to chop off the usb cable, strip the wires and solder them directly on the skunkboard. Then we trimmed the JTAG pins a bit so it can fit to a bog standard cart shell with very little trimming of the shell itself. Next up we drilled a hole in one of the round shell sides of the cart, passed the cable from there and hotglued it to keep it in place. It's working like a champ ever since :)

• Like 3