IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - October 4th 2010

Pixelboy

Hello retro-people!

I've got some pretty good news for ya'all today. Well, at least they're good from my point of view. ;)

First, I attached pics of some manuals and cart stickers that were recently printed. You'll notice the Destructor SCE cartridge, and I have 50 of those cartridges here, all functional and ready to go. All that's missing is the box for that game.

I also included a picture of the Pitfall II Arcade box, which is actually just a proof print. I was informed this morning that the full lot of boxes will be printed within the next couple of weeks (roughly). Add an additional couple of weeks for the boxes to be shipped from Germany to Canada, and they should be delivered at the end of this month, or (more likely) in early November.

I'm hoping to make similar progress this week where the cartridge electronics of Pitfall II Arcade and Track & Field are concerned. Albert is supposed to help me with that, and I'm waiting to hear back from him about some tests I asked him to do before ordering the PCBs, chips and electronics.

With all this said, I will obviously not be able to meet my late-October release deadline, but I'm doing my best to minimize delays. :)

As a foot note, I would like to mention that I decided to drop the project of porting the MSX version of Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space to the ColecoVision. Daniel Vik (author of blueMSX) dumped the cartridge version of the game, and determined that it is a 48K cart, and also that it is a RAM hog: It allocates 12K of RAM for some unspecified purpose (probably graphics-related) and even more RAM for variables and the main stack. The ColecoVision having only 1K of RAM, the port becomes unfeasible. I haven't updated the Team Pixelboy web site yet, but the sub-section devoted to Space Shuttle will be removed upon the next site update.

On the up-side, there's a good chance that Team Pixelboy will release The Black Onyx some time next year. It's way too early to make any kind of official announcement, but things are looking good so far. Expect an update about The Black Onyx in a future news bulletin! :D

We now return you to your regular forum activities. :)

post-7743-128620871114_thumb.jpg

post-7743-128620871912_thumb.jpg

post-7743-128620873165_thumb.jpg

post-7743-128620874605_thumb.jpg

Good news about the games.

I am glad the only game on your site that I was not too thrilled about is the one that you are axing. :) Sorry to hear that for your enjoyment of having the game and anyone else that was looking forward to it. I just remember playing space shuttle on Atari and getting extremely frustrated by it.

You never mentioned Gulkave or Girl's Garden? Does that mean they are just right on schedule?

Anyway, always glad to see more games produced for colecovision.

Thanks for your team and your hard work.

Good news about the games.

I am glad the only game on your site that I was not too thrilled about is the one that you are axing. :) Sorry to hear that for your enjoyment of having the game and anyone else that was looking forward to it. I just remember playing space shuttle on Atari and getting extremely frustrated by it.

Don't worry, you'll get even more frustrated with The Black Onyx if it's ever released on the CV. That game can be brutal! :P

You never mentioned Gulkave or Girl's Garden? Does that mean they are just right on schedule?

Those games (and Peek-a-boo) have been ready since last spring, where the carts and manuals are concerned. All that's missing are the boxes and they're getting printed along with the others this month. That's why all six games will be released on the same day, sometime in November.

Anyway, always glad to see more games produced for colecovision.

Thanks for your team and your hard work.

Thanks for the good words. :)

good if you have the appropriate "wallet"

You've got a month to start saving. Skip some lunches :)

Now, now, a guy's health and well-being is more important than little homebrew games. ;)

Looks fantastic Luc and forgive me for asking as I haven't seen it listed anywhere (unless I just missed it completely), but what are the prices gonna be on these releases?

Looks fantastic Luc and forgive me for asking as I haven't seen it listed anywhere (unless I just missed it completely), but what are the prices gonna be on these releases?

I'm waiting to get the final invoice for printing the boxes (plus the final amount of the shipping fees) before I set the price of the games, since I'll be selling my games at cost, give or take a buck. Expect the prices to be in the 30-35$US range.

I'm waiting to get the final invoice for printing the boxes (plus the final amount of the shipping fees) before I set the price of the games, since I'll be selling my games at cost, give or take a buck. Expect the prices to be in the 30-35$US range.

Darn beaten to the punch....

Was hoping to say... Buy 1 $60, buy 2 $30 ea., buy 3 $20 ea., etc :P :P :P

Christmas comes early in November this year!!

Good work Luc (and all those involved).

Those games (and Peek-a-boo) have been ready since last spring, where the carts and manuals are concerned. All that's missing are the boxes and they're getting printed along with the others this month. That's why all six games will be released on the same day, sometime in November.

Damn, Luc, now I really need to land a new job! Great work on these and I can't wait to see them in action.

Just curious...how on earth did Destructor SCE jump from the 1% completed on your web page to finished with 50 carts ready to go? I love that game, but it's too hard to play on the emulator.

Hello retro-people!

I've got some pretty good news for ya'all today. Well, at least they're good from my point of view. ;)

First, I attached pics of some manuals and cart stickers that were recently printed. You'll notice the Destructor SCE cartridge, and I have 50 of those cartridges here, all functional and ready to go. All that's missing is the box for that game.