IGNORED

Games I should be looking for?

skaredmask

Hay, Just wondering if there are any more games that are worth while for the Jaguar:

Games that I own are:

Iron soldier 1

Doom

Aliens vs predator

Zoop

Cybermorph

Trever mcfur

Bubsy

Pitfall

Flashback

Fight for life

hover Strike

zero 5

Iwar

Mutant penguins

Fever pitch soccor

Wolfinstien 3D

Tempest 2000

Ultra vorek

Raiden

kasumi ninja

Jag CD games:

Iron soldier 2

Battlemorph

hoverstrike

myst

bluelighting

Highlander

Baldies

I know I should get NBA jam and Zool 2 but any besides these?

I don't see Missile Command 3D which is in my opinion the best game on the machine.

You seem to be missing quite a few other Jag classics too like Ruiner Pinball, Powerdrive Rally, Protector: SE, Super Burnout and Hyperforce which is another good original and unique Jag game.

I am also a big fan of Brutal Sports Football, Theme Park, Pinball Fantasies, Cannon Fodder, Dragon and Worms. Although all these can also be found on other systems too.

Edited by The_Laird

Second vote for Power Drive Rally - you're really missing out there. Worms is good but a bit of a sloppy conversion - only really worthwhile if you have a bunch of regular players and can have a properly long league.

Atari Karts is definitely a good buy.

Stone

Power Drive Rally is fun if you mute the sound. Otherwise the announcer gets on my nerves.. Personal issue I guess haha

My suggestions would be

Atari Kart - controls can be iffy but still fun

Skyhammer - really fun game

Defender 2k - whats not to love

Battlesphere - awesome but gameplay doesn't justify $300+ more a collector item

Primal Rage - its my favorite fighter on the Jaguar

Absolutely Super Burnout, if you like racing games. Smooth as silk. A polished 2D game and sold me on the system when I first picked one up.

I wouldn't bother with Atari Karts. It's an OK game, but not worth what you may have to pay to get it.

Agree Power Drive and Missile Command are good and worth getting. Cannon Fodder is fun.

Don't bother AT ALL with Checkered Flag or Club Drive. Waste of money and plastic... and shelf space...

Atari Karts - nope. Cute game from a collectors or completists standpoint, but really sucks comparatively (to racers you have on other systems) and not worth the bucks. $50-$75

Battlesphere - yes, if you can spare the $200-300+ for one as it really does represent one of the better values for the system. Certainly ain't going down in price ;) Truly shows off what the Jaguar coulda-shoulda been for all games across the board. I really-really like this game. Even stands up to like-minded modern space shooters from an arcade gaming standpoint.

Power Drive Rally - yep, good stuff here $25-$35

NBA Jam - but I know you don't like sports games. Still, this is great fun $15-$20

Cannon Fodder - you can play this and the sequels all_day_long on your Amiga - $10

Breakout 2000 - yep, if you can find it for less than $50, otherwise, time to get a 2600 and play Super Breakout with a paddle :) Come to think of it, Breakout 2k kinda sucks. It's pretty slow actually. I do like it for what it is though.

Defender 2000 - yep, but for $25 or less. Great to look at for a few minutes, but you'll end up playing regular Defender much more

Protector SE - by all means. This is real next gen Defender. I'd skip Defender 2k actually and just go for this. Better gaming investment - $50-$70

Ruiner - okay video pinball game, but yeah - go for it. $15-$20

Skyhammer - nope. Too slow, sloppy, choppy and expensive - $80!?!

Soccer Kid - lame Amiga game makes for a lame and expensive Jag game - $70?!?

Total Carnage - good game, but needs a little polishing. And still way too expensive. Again, the Amiga version suits just fine. - $80?!?

Missile Command 2000 is good. Great Jag game, go for it! $25-$30

World Tour Racing - just because you have a CD ROM. May as well and you have money to burn? lol Be forewarned that it sucks compared to most of your modern PS games. Still "good" for a Jaguar racer though. Does that make any sense? lol $50-$60

Checkered Flag - just so you can see what could have been and the pain, agony and suffering we all went through as early adopters of the system back in '93. $5-$10

Club Drive - just because it's so cheap and I dunno... just because. $5-$10

Dino Dudes - I actually like this game, but you can play The Humans on Amiga $5-$10

Rayman - fun and colorful for a little bit and beats the snot out of Pitfall II anyway. $25-$40

Super Burnout - yeah, this is worth getting $10-$15

Towers II - F@#$ NO! $who knows these days

Zool II - another good Amiga conversion although you might be able to play it on your system, the Jaguar version *is* better. Pinball Fantasies is better served up on the Amiga as is Worms, Syndicate, Theme Park and Cannon Fodder. $10

Now.... instead of trying to find gold among turds in the Jag library, you might want to consider enhancing some of the games you like and already have instead. Such as getting yourself a rotary controller for use with Tempest 2k. These can be had for about $50 or you can get an existing controller modded for about $35.

Edited by save2600

In no specific order:

(1) Defender 2000

(2) Ruiner Pinball

(3) Super Burnout

(4) Skyhammer

(5) Rayman

(6) Missile Command 3D

You already have the others on my must-have list :D

(1) Zero 5

(2) Battlemorph

(3) Doom

(4) Alien VS Predator

(5) Iron Soldier

(6) Tempest 2000

Edited by Willard

Agree Skyhammer ain't worth the money. Never liked that game. Agree with the assessment above - slow, sloppy, choppy.

And I forgot Rayman! Excellent game, even though I could never get very far into it. I could be wrong, but it's as good or perhaps better than its Playstation 1 equivalent.

"Rayman - fun and colorful for a little bit and beats the snot out of Pitfall II anyway. $25-$40"

LOL you sold me that save2600 you evil evil evil..... can't think of word!!!!!! lol

Why, you don't like it? I thought you knew what Pitfall II was all about. Don't you have it for SegaCD and wanted to compare or something? I'm not taking the blame here man ;) lol

How much do pro-controllers go for?

$35-$50?

I haven't taken a Jag controller apart yet, but seems you could get of VGA extension cables (splice 'em up), arcade joysticks & buttons, some wood and make your own 6 button arcade stick icon_smile.gif

Isn't the top 3 buttons the frist 3 buttons on the dail keys? and what are the left and right bumper programed too?

Edited by skaredmask