IGNORED

Synapse Promotional Package

jacobus

A very pleasant surprise from eBay this morning, I thought I was buying a copy of Quasimodo, instead it turned out to be part of a complete promotional package from Synapse!

The package includes; a marketing letter, price list, mailer, demo diskette (#6) and the flattened Quasimodo box!

post-11281-128638399284_thumb.jpgpost-11281-128638399716_thumb.jpgpost-11281-128638401338_thumb.jpgpost-11281-128638400064_thumb.jpgpost-11281-128638400893_thumb.jpgpost-11281-128638398778_thumb.jpgpost-11281-128638401886_thumb.jpg

I've included an image of the demo diskette: Synapse Demo Disk #6.ATR

The addition of the Quasimodo box to my collection is very welcome, now only a couple more (Alley Cat and Dodge Racer)!!!

post-11281-128638398412_thumb.jpg

What a great find!

Congrats Jacobus and thanks a bunch for scanning these and posting. I would love to have scans of VIC20 stuff, but these seem to be impossible to find (even rarer than Alley Cat).

@Atari Frog

As far as I know a boxed version of Dodge Racer (as well as Protector) were not released.

What a great find!

Congrats Jacobus and thanks a bunch for scanning these and posting. I would love to have scans of VIC20 stuff, but these seem to be impossible to find (even rarer than Alley Cat).

@Atari Frog

As far as I know a boxed version of Dodge Racer (as well as Protector) were not released.

A boxed version of Dodge Racer was released. I bought a copy in roughly 1985 from the bargain bin. And sometime between then and now I managed to lose it. I'll likely be pissed off about that for many more years to come!

Protector was replaced by Protector II (likely due to copyright issues with Crystalware), but every other title was put in box format at some time. I am expecting the Protector II ziplock version in the mail in the next couple of days. I'll post a picture when I get it.

I was really pleased to find the price list with product codes since they give a very strong indication of release order. I've been trying to determine the order for several years from a combination of box dates, box styles, magazine articles, embedded advertising, etc - but this price list is the most definitive bit of info so far. I only wish I could find earlier versions of it that references some of the initial releases. My current release order list is as follows:

Protector

Dodge Racer

Protector II

Chicken

Nautilus

Slime

Shamus

Fort Apocalypse

Picnic Paranoia

Claim Jumper

Necromancer

Shadow World

Survivor

Drelbs

Shamus Case II

The Pharaoh's Curse

Sentinel

Blue Max

Zeppelin

Rainbow Walker

Encounter

Quasimodo

Slamball

Alley Cat

Blue Max 2001

Dimension X

NYC: The Big Apple

The box dates are very suspect as that Synapse suffered from some of the earliest cases of vapourware - for instance Dimension X was released after much delay in late 1984, but the box says 1983. Obviously they were printed long before the game was ready.

Tim Boxell appeared here a few years ago, and from what I understand he still has copies of his original artwork. There was some talk of him releasing at as a book, but I'm not sure where that stands.

A boxed version of Dodge Racer was released. I bought a copy in roughly 1985 from the bargain bin. And sometime between then and now I managed to lose it. I'll likely be pissed off about that for many more years to come!

Well, I was misleaded by an ancient magazine ad, which showed Dodge Racer only as a ziplock version. Anyways, thanks for clearing me up.