IGNORED

Big SEARCH for BARBAR

paladina

Hello to all Atari fans, in this way I will ask to every one for help, big search for BARBARIAN on Atari.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0000405

For many years ago a become on atariad a disk with Barbarin, load the title screen (man with sword) and after while it will ask for password, it was polish. I have got this disket but become error, then its lost.

It was Single Density disk with many files, I think about 12 or soo..

please search your library and so.. I think it was from Poland... who help to find it?

Thx. Paladina.

Hello to all Atari fans, in this way I will ask to every one for help, big search for BARBARIAN on Atari.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0000405

On XL/XE I never saw a Barbarian that looks like the Sinclair Spectrum version you linked to but on the Atari 8-Bit there are at least 2 games with that name:

http://www.atarimania.de/detail_soft.php?MENU=8&VERSION_ID=20407

http://www.atarimania.de/detail_soft.php?MENU=8&VERSION_ID=501

It is a fake make by polish hackers. It is just a poicture, and a password question, to make people think that they will be able to play the game if they only know the password. You're lucky you got a disc version. The tape version was loading few minutes and display a picture, then were loading for about 10-15 minutes and ask for password. After typing it computer hangs. I know some people that were loading it for maaaany hours once by once trying to guess the password. Really terrible joke :mad:

A friend did a similar joke, he released a 2 part multi boot claiming to be Out Run, it said it had to be write enabled, when it loaded you pressed start and the drive formatted the disk.

It's most likely out there in the wild (thinking about it, maybe not :) )

It is a fake make by polish hackers. It is just a poicture, and a password question, to make people think that they will be able to play the game if they only know the password. You're lucky you got a disc version. The tape version was loading few minutes and display a picture, then were loading for about 10-15 minutes and ask for password. After typing it computer hangs. I know some people that were loading it for maaaany hours once by once trying to guess the password. Really terrible joke :mad:

Is any of these of use? Two player only it says

Barbarian alt.atr

The Unfinished Barbarian.xex

That is cruel. Funny but cruel. The authors can't be responsible for someone who wastes "hours" though.

Thats true, it was a joke, but I will this joke in my collectiont. Who can search this please?

I remember another joke from the 80's I think it was analog magazine had a story and software that caused the computer to short out. it was an April issue, I ran it alot showing friends..

PS: in the us it was Barbarian for the Atari ST and the Amiga

Edited by bandit

Thats true, it was a joke, but I will this joke in my collectiont. Who can search this please?

I remember another joke from the 80's I think it was analog magazine had a story and software that caused the computer to short out. it was an April issue, I ran it alot showing friends..

I think it was called Paperweight. It had the best "TV snow" / whitenoise generator I've seen on the machine. Pressing reset didn't "fix" it either. Great little demo.

I think it was called Paperweight. It had the best "TV snow" / whitenoise generator I've seen on the machine. Pressing reset didn't "fix" it either. Great little demo.

If anyone want it, it's located on my page : http://pokeysoft.no/games/atari/a8demo.htm

Search for Paperweight 3.1