IGNORED

ccatalyst Gameroom Collection.

ccatalyst

Well it's a hell of a nice collection. It's great to be in a self serving business that pays the bills and fuels your own passion. I'm lucky enough to be doing the same thing myself but with console stuff. I'm sure a few more cades and pins are in my future if I land my 3800sqft home.

AX

Crap AX, 3,800 Sq feet!!! How much does 3,800 sq ft cost in TN? Anything in that range is $450K+ in this area. Morgan

• Like 1

Well it's a hell of a nice collection. It's great to be in a self serving business that pays the bills and fuels your own passion. I'm lucky enough to be doing the same thing myself but with console stuff. I'm sure a few more cades and pins are in my future if I land my 3800sqft home.

AX

Crap AX, 3,800 Sq feet!!! How much does 3,800 sq ft cost in TN? Anything in that range is $450K+ in this area. Morgan

A 4400 Sq foot house about 2 blocks from me sold for under $250000 last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, Here's an update, i just aquired 2 consoles to add the collection,

#1 - a sega sg1000

#2 - Katzmedia kmp200 - pippin

Not sure about the condition of the kmp200, hopefully it will work, will post pictures and updates once i receive and test both units,

Rick

PS: An update on the KMP 2000, i never did receive it :(. The guys seller hesitatantly returned my funds, thank to ebay resolution center, but i never did get my kmp2000, darn it.

Rick

Edited by ccatalyst

• 3 weeks later...

Just got an Aiwa Mega Cd CSD-GM1, It wasnt cheap, but unfortunetly the cable that came with the system, it links the game component to the boom box, is homemade, so the mega cd portion does not work, im trying to find someone else who my have this obscure system that would be willing to help me get the correct pinouts of the cable so i can document it and hopefully get my unit working 100%, right now everything else works except for the mega cd part, will post pictures this week.

Rick

Holy Schnikes! Your collection is amazing. I really like your arcade set up, you have just the right amount of rare classics mixed in with the newer stuff, I would love to have that kind of space for my games. Very nice stuff man! icon_lust.gif

Thanks, my current project that im working on , is 2 candy cabs back to back with taito x2 and street fighter 4 installed on both, should be a site to behold.

Rick

Holy Schnikes! Your collection is amazing. I really like your arcade set up, you have just the right amount of rare classics mixed in with the newer stuff, I would love to have that kind of space for my games. Very nice stuff man! icon_lust.gif

Thanks, my current project that im working on , is 2 candy cabs back to back with taito x2 and street fighter 4 installed on both, should be a site to behold.

Rick

Very cool! ...but how are you going to run Street Fighter 4? Are you going to run PS3 or 360 on it? I know they made an arcade version but I was told kit's were not available and you have to buy it dedicated (which is insane expensive). Then again, thats what they said about Street Fighter 2 when it came out back in the day and that didn't last long, I guess the operators that bought dedicated versions were PISSED when a kit came out a few months later at 1/10 the cost.

Rick

Very cool! ...but how are you going to run Street Fighter 4? Are you going to run PS3 or 360 on it? I know they made an arcade version but I was told kit's were not available and you have to buy it dedicated (which is insane expensive). Then again, thats what they said about Street Fighter 2 when it came out back in the day and that didn't last long, I guess the operators that bought dedicated versions were PISSED when a kit came out a few months later at 1/10 the cost.

No, i have an original taito x2, running street fighter 4, not the the console version, but the actual arcade version. And yes it is insanely expensive, that is why i only have 1, i need 2 to play head to head, and i just got a really nice condition candy cabinet this weekend,a sega blast city, and i finished setting it up for the game, converting it to jamma, installing a new sanwa control panel, new artwork, etc. Now i just need to purchase another taito x2 system and another street fighter 4 hard disk and dongle set and i will be able to link the 2 cabinets to play head to head. I got this one set in the japanese yahoo auctions. In my current cab, i have both a taito x2 running sf4 and a naomi 2 running spawn.

Rick

No, i have an original taito x2, running street fighter 4, not the the console version, but the actual arcade version. And yes it is insanely expensive, that is why i only have 1, i need 2 to play head to head, and i just got a really nice condition candy cabinet this weekend,a sega blast city, and i finished setting it up for the game, converting it to jamma, installing a new sanwa control panel, new artwork, etc. Now i just need to purchase another taito x2 system and another street fighter 4 hard disk and dongle set and i will be able to link the 2 cabinets to play head to head. I got this one set in the japanese yahoo auctions. In my current cab, i have both a taito x2 running sf4 and a naomi 2 running spawn.

Woah! Now THAT is impressive! Very cool!

Your game room is really awesome. The fact that you have not only Tron, but also a cockpit Discs of Tron and a working Computer Space is something else.

I don't care for the modern titles (that's just preference) but I can really appreciate seeing Spectar, Space Duel and Wizard of Wor (to name a few) in your collection.

I have a few questions:

•  
  • What's the story behind the acquisition of Computer Space?
  • What power considerations were made to support the draw of the arcade?
  • What about insurance? This is something I've been thinking about the last few days when I stuffed the 9th cabinet into the Retrocade.

Rick

Woah! Now THAT is impressive! Very cool!

Here are some pictures of both cabinets and the taito x2 and naomi 2 system in the 1 cabinet, the 2nd cabinet is done along with the graphics, but i have an atomiswave and metal slug 6 in it for now, until i get the next taito x2, i will be installing another naomi system in the new cabinet to play spawn this weekend.

post-26445-129168341434_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168341503_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168341572_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168341645_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168341722_thumb.jpg

Ok everyone here are those pics i have been promising , i still have not received the katzmedia pippen, but here are the pics from the sg1000 and the Aiwa mega cd, along with a new update on one of my racks showing the sony psx and the aiwa system in their final places.

post-26445-129168357865_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168357957_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168358035_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168358148_thumb.jpg

post-26445-12916835825_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129168358354_thumb.jpg

Your game room is really awesome. The fact that you have not only Tron, but also a cockpit Discs of Tron and a working Computer Space is something else.

I don't care for the modern titles (that's just preference) but I can really appreciate seeing Spectar, Space Duel and Wizard of Wor (to name a few) in your collection.

I have a few questions:

• What's the story behind the acquisition of Computer Space?
  • What power considerations were made to support the draw of the arcade?
  • What about insurance? This is something I've been thinking about the last few days when I stuffed the 9th cabinet into the Retrocade.

Well the story behind computer space goes back 10 years, my son was was going to be turning 5, and i had told my wife i would be buying a really cool game from when i was a kid and that my son would have a blast on it, now my son has been playing arcade games since he was 2 yrs old, he could kick most of my buddies asses on Mortal kombat 2, by the time he was 3 1/2, his first toy at 5 months old was an IBM keyboard, so he is not your average kid, so back to the story, the game was a Williams star rider - laser disc game, actually pause for a sec, i have to go back , "roll rewind tape effect", this story goes back much further, we have to go back 32 years, You see i was 10 years old and i loved arcade games like every other kid at the time, and that year I was going to the dade county youth fair in miami, back then they always had a tented arcade that they would put out every year, it usually had the latest and greatest arcade games, i remember my little brother and i would run to the tent immediately when we would walk in to the fair, this was in order to see what new games were in the tent for that year, when i walked in the tent, i saw this amazing game, that had graphics right out of the tron movie, i was stunned, i walked around the game looking at it from all angles for about 2 minutes just to take in it's beauty, It looked like a cross between the tron cycle and a rocket, i played that game at least 6 times that night and then played another laser game called funai's interstellar fantasy, both those games had graphics that absolutely blew away everything else that was around, i never forgot those games, or the incredible time i had playing them, in fact that is all i can recall about that day, even now many years later, "fast forward effect" flash forward now 15 years, Im a young adult, married to gorgeous young, tight hiney, big boobed sweet heart that lets me collect very large and very heavy things and im also a partner in a computer repair business, my partners birthday was coming up and i drive pass a warehouse that had some arcade games inside, it was actually a route operator and he was thinning out his games, so i bought a video arcade game as a gift for my partner, and it was downhill from there, we both began buying cabinets and collecting arcade boards. "Fast forward effect again" Now we jump to my son turning 5, which is where we started at the beginning of this rant, i remember how much fun the star rider was and my euphoric enjoyment with the game, and i thought my son would also share my enthusiasm, also the fact that the star rider game looks like a really cool outerspace motorcycle helps, so i told the wife i was getting the star rider, so son could have a kick ass birthday riding a rocket cycle, the vendor which was located in California told me he also had a computer space that he would sell me at a discounted price if i purchased both systems together, to tell you the truth i had no idea what computer space was at the time and he helped educate a bit in that area, so after thinking about it for some time, about "2.73 secs" i said heck yeah, add it to my order, i believe i paid about $1800 for both, i do not remember if that included shipping. When the games arrived, i had to go pick them up at a forward air terrminal, and the star rider which i was very excitedly looking forward to did not work, it took me 8 months to fix the game and every time it broke it used to take 6 months or more for me to fix it, until i acquired like 5 sets of spares, which greatly helped in the troubleshooting, reguardless of that, my son and my nieces and niephews loved sitting on it and pretending it was a rocket cycle, it also made a great seat, you see i have a pay phone that i installed in my living room wall, "yes a real one", my wife would not let me get a full phone booth which i wanted to put in the living room like the Tardis from Dr Who, but we settled for the payphone and the star rider was right next to it, so it doubled as a seat for many a butt that sat speaking on the phone. As for the computer space,believe it or not it worked right away, it is one of the main key pieces in my collection, and many people have played it just for a chance to say they got to play the world's first arcade game. Anyhow that is my story , sorry if it got a little long winded, and took a ton of twists, but now you know the rest of story.

Good day.

Rick

PS: whoops forgot you asked other questions,

i am running 3 - 20 amp breakers in 1 room, 2 - 20 amp breakers in the other and finally 2 - 20 amps in the last room.

I purchase the games under my company's name, so it becomes another asset like a piece of furniture, and i have it insured at replacement value, i tell the insurance company that i use it to entertain my clients and techs, so it is a legitimate business expense. I do not remember how much i pay in insurance,mainly becuase it is bundled with several policies for my business.

Well it has been a grueling, and i do mean grueling 3 days, i have dumped 11, yes count them 11 cabs, now before everyone goes screaming, ahhhhhh, how could you do that, please be aware of their condition,some of them had been hacked with what looked like a circular saw to get at the insides, the entire joystick holder assembly was gone in over half of the candy cabs, i did salvage all the monitors in an attempt to repair them, the coin mechs and most of the insides of some of them were completely rusted, the bezel was cracked or broken or missing on some of the candies, power supplies were missing in others, and a few of the cabs actually wobbled becuase they had cracks going though the entire cab and the only thing holding them together was the monitor chassis. in other words totally trashed cabs, now some of my friends were saying, Rick you could put down a piece of wood and screw some 360 fighting joysticks to them and get some cardboard and paint it black for the candy cab bezels and basically rig the hell out of them to try and make something that resembled a cabinet but looked put together and really cheap, but i informed them that i would not waste a ton of time trying to rig up such a pityful attempt at a rebuilt cabinet. But something good came out of of all those cabs, we did manage to salvage 8 complete candy cabs, 100% Good cabs,with everything intact, and anything that was missing was salvaged from the other destroyed units. I will be posting pictures as soon as i can move again. Now i have to order the jvs to jamma cable assemblies, the sanwa joystick panels, some marquees from mvs, and get a few of the monitors working, and they will be ready for some serious play time.

Rick

Well here are the 8 cabs i was talking about in the post above, 6 in 1 room and 2 in the other, im missing the jvs to jamma harnesses, the control panels, the marquees, and a repaired monitor. which i already have 5 of them i just have to assemble them and put them in, and of course a game, but other than that they are complete. Also you will see a crapload of sega bass fishing boards, i still have got to figure out what to do with these, and a bunch of monitors im having repaired to finish off the rest of the cabs.

Rick

post-26445-129359951564_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129359951672_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129359951763_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129359951854_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129359951971_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129359952066_thumb.jpg

Some fellow collectors in other forums were asking me about my t2 pinball game, so here are some close up pics showing the upgrades i have done,

#1, the cpu, the power driver board, and the dot matrix controller are all new from pinled with lifetime warranty

#2, the dot matrix display has been replaced with a new pinled display also with a lifetime warranty

#3, all new plastics have been installed

#4, all plastic protectors have been installed, including leg protectors

#5, additional plastic skull with leds installed on right rear of game

#6, plastic protector/illuminator for hunter ship installed

#7, new hunter ship installed

#8, new main skull installed

#9, profanity chip installed

#10, new flipper rebuild kit installed

#11, all new rubbers and bumpers, including plastics that hold the bumpers, also replaced.

#12, entire field clean and polished.

#13, twin plasma globes installed on top of game, they flash to the sounds made by the game

#14, all new bulbs installed.

#15, plastic deflector installed in front of display to prevent glare from obstructing rear of playfield.

post-26445-129360034231_thumb.jpg

post-26445-12936003437_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129360034473_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129360034578_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129360034667_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129360034776_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129360034886_thumb.jpg

post-26445-129360034989_thumb.jpg

Edited by ccatalyst