IGNORED

ccatalyst Gameroom Collection.

ccatalyst

Ok , finally a console post, man this one took a while, but it was well worth it, many thanks to Adol for this last gem, so now, finally both my MSX laserdisc & my Laseractive Laserdisc collections are complete. I just got the last piece which was the hardest one to get, 3D virtual Austrailia, Here are the pics , enjoy. Oh and if you have not been following our Challenge accepted videos from Arcade Odyssey, you can check them out here,

http://www.youtube.com/user/arcadeodyssey?feature=mhee it is a rare or classic video game challenge with a nasty twist if you lose. We have been getting quite a few hits on them, Anyway that is all for now, See you at the Arcade.

Rick

post-26445-0-64324400-1339482464_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-47363800-1339482467_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-52780400-1339482470_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-64407900-1339482473_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-45293400-1339482476_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok boys & girls, time for some updates, today im including 3 versions of the Arcadia 2001, The Leisure Vision, A Hanimenx HMG-2650, & a Tunix Home Arcade, all 3 the same system, just from different manufacturers around the world, i just got all 3 in, so here's the pics of all 3 on my table, and 1 super rare system - the Katzmedia KMP-2000 Pippin, Basically another clone this time again, it's a clone of the @world pippin, but the rarest one of them all , this system was made in Europe, Ireland to be more precise, and there were very few made, you can read more about it here

http://www.rfgenerat...Majors-1412.php

just 2 more consoles to go from that list and about 12 more console systems that are not in that list and im done.....Here are the pics.

post-26445-0-03172800-1345152716_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-93110600-1345152718_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-39660300-1345152721_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-05728100-1345152724_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-56322200-1345152726_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-61829800-1345152729_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-02344900-1345152732_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-56088500-1345152734_thumb.jpg

post-26445-0-06593900-1345152737_thumb.jpg

Nice collection but I dont see the point. You can just buy a custom arcade with a modded xbox with emulators on it. It would save hundreds of thousands of dollars and take up about 1/100 of the space. You're going to die sooner or late and all of this would be just a waste of time and money. Even if you're rich (which you obviously are) I still don't see a point. All of that money could go to charity.

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

Nice collection but I dont see the point. You can just buy a custom arcade with a modded xbox with emulators on it. It would save hundreds of thousands of dollars and take up about 1/100 of the space. You're going to die sooner or late and all of this would be just a waste of time and money. Even if you're rich (which you obviously are) I still don't see a point. All of that money could go to charity.

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

lolololololololololol

you are funny Mike, all that money could go to charity, I almost spit my coffee out when I read that.

I'll give you some trolling advice, since you can use it.

Now, the charity line was epic, seriously I really laughed but...if you want anyone to take you seriously as a troll you need to establish a little more of a rep. If you drop a bomb like this with only 5 total posts, nobody will even respond to you, well, maybe Ax but he responds to everyone ;)

Don't give everything in the first post, start with asking why he doesn't just do emulation, then about 3 or 4 posts in you can drop the "donate to charity" bomb on him.

Have an avatar, every good troll has one. Nothing too flashy but something other people use. Everybody always looks at a posters post count with no avatar and then we can tell you are new. You might be able to slip by un-noticed and get a few laughs before we catch you.

Oh, and I almost forgot, go F yourself :) (just a preview of some awesome responses you might get if you learn to troll properly)

In closing, even though Mike is obviously a joke poster, it's terrible that there are actually people in the world that think this way. Just because you work hard, sacrifice and get ahead in life some people feel you "owe" the world something just because you made the right choices in life and reached your goals. Don't let this guy get to you at all ccatalyst, he is just trying to get a reaction (unsuccessfully I might add)

Charity, lol, classic...

• Like 2

@

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

lolololololololololol

you are funny Mike, all that money could go to charity, I almost spit my coffee out when I read that.

Now, the charity line was epic, seriously I really laughed but...if you want anyone to take you seriously as a troll you need to establish a little more of a rep. If you drop a bomb like this with only 5 total posts, nobody will even respond to you, well, maybe Ax but he responds to everyone ;)

Don't give everything in the first post, start with asking why he doesn't just do emulation, then about 3 or 4 posts in you can drop the "donate to charity" bomb on him.

Have an avatar, every good troll has one. Nothing too flashy but something other people use. Everybody always looks at a posters post count with no avatar and then we can tell you are new. You might be able to slip by un-noticed and get a few laughs before we catch you.

Oh, and I almost forgot, go F yourself :) (just a preview of some awesome responses you might get if you learn to troll properly)

In closing, even though Mike is obviously a joke poster, it's terrible that there are actually people in the world that think this way. Just because you work hard, sacrifice and get ahead in life some people feel you "owe" the world something just because you made the right choices in life and reached your goals. Don't let this guy get to you at all ccatalyst, he is just trying to get a reaction (unsuccessfully I might add)

Charity, lol, classic...

First bold...proof that you're a geek an nobody can take you serious. Only forum losers that sit on a computer all day like you use that word...10,000 posts? sun light kid.

'

second bold...I couldn't care less if you take me serious or not, Its a public forum on the internet. You obviously take this way to seriously.

Third bold...Don't want one. I can't tell if thats you in your "avatar" or if you're just "trolling" because anyone with common sense knows, You look like that, or worse.

forth bold...U mad?

I wasn't even talking to you to begin with so please hop off my nuts. I was just asking a legit question. I just don't see the point in this (unless the.golden.ax is right, then I take what I said back). I know many people who are successful , "work hard", "sacrifice" and "get ahead in life", but they don't just throw money away just because they can. My uncle makes 400,000+ a year and he drives a mini van.

You need to get your priorities straight if you have to reply to me, when I wasn't talking to you to begin with. That's someone who looks for a "reaction". Now calm down and go cry yourself to sleep big guy. Pce.

Edited by mclebron23

@

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

lolololololololololol

Charity, lol, classic...

First bold...proof that you're a geek an nobody can take you serious. Only forum losers that sit on a computer all day like you use that word...10,000 posts? sun light kid.

'

second bold...I couldn't care less if you take me serious or not, Its a public forum on the internet. You obviously take this way to seriously.

Third bold...Don't want one. I can't tell if thats you in your "avatar" or if you're just "trolling" because anyone with common sense knows, You look like that, or worse.

forth bold...U mad?

I wasn't even talking to you to begin with so please hop off my nuts. I was just asking a legit question. I just don't see the point in this (unless the.golden.ax is right, then I take what I said back). I know many people who are successful , "work hard", "sacrifice" and "get ahead in life", but they don't just throw money away just because they can. My uncle makes 400,000+ a year and he drives a mini van.

You need to get your priorities straight if you have to reply to me, when I wasn't talking to you to begin with. That's someone who looks for a "reaction". Now calm down and go cry yourself to sleep big guy. Pce.

A) ccatalyst has an awesome collection

B) Crazyclimber is a chick magnet in real life. :lust: If he wasn't married with family responsibilities, and I was a chick... whoa watch out.

C) Ask your uncle if he wants to donate some money to my cause. I call it "cause I want money."

• Like 1

@

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

lolololololololololol

Charity, lol, classic...

'

forth bold...U mad?

Hmmmm...did I just troll the troll? checkmate :)

• Like 2

@

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

lolololololololololol

Charity, lol, classic...

'

forth bold...U mad?

B) Crazyclimber is a chick magnet in real life. :lust: If he wasn't married with family responsibilities, and I was a chick... whoa watch out.

C) Ask your uncle if he wants to donate some money to my cause. I call it "cause I want money."

A) " ccatalyst has an awesome collection"...oK? I already stated that in my first post...

B) " Crazyclimber is a chick magnet in real life. :lust: If he wasn't married with family responsibilities, and I was a chick... whoa watch out."...So you just admitted the guy is married with kids, basically admitting hes most likely in his late 20, probably 30s, and hes arguing on a video game forum?. No offense but you're dumb. Good job.

C) " Ask your uncle if he wants to donate some money to my cause. I call it "cause I want money" If you were trying to make a joke, you failed. I would ask him if he blew his money on random things he doesn't need or went way over board in buying certain things...but he doesn't, hence him driving a mini van.

OT...When I said he can give money to charity that was just an example. All I asked was, what is the point in buying that many arcades machines? If you don't like my question then oh well. Go cry somewhere else. I wasn't asking you two anyway. But like I said, if this is for an "arcade", like you mentioned earlier, I take what I said back. But is looks like it is his since everyone is saying "nice collection". But if its for an arcade, then I don't consider it "his", when its for the public to use, and hes making money off of it.

Edited by mclebron23

Ok boys & girls, time for some updates, today im including 3 versions of the Arcadia 2001, The Leisure Vision, A Hanimenx HMG-2650, & a Tunix Home Arcade, all 3 the same system, just from different manufacturers around the world, i just got all 3 in, so here's the pics of all 3 on my table, and 1 super rare system - the Katzmedia KMP-2000 Pippin, Basically another clone this time again, it's a clone of the @world pippin, but the rarest one of them all , this system was made in Europe, Ireland to be more precise, and there were very few made, you can read more about it here

http://www.rfgenerat...Majors-1412.php

just 2 more consoles to go from that list and about 12 more console systems that are not in that list and im done.....Here are the pics.

Nice stuff man!!

Did you happen to get these from Tempest recently? He sold a large collection of Arcadia and arcadia clones, I can't remember what all was included but he had some pretty rare stuff. I debated making an offer on the lot since the stuff looks so cool but ended up not being able to make up my mind and someone else nabbed it (you?) Not to mention it's so hard to find acurate pricing on these things, some of them are rare as hell but it doesn't always mean a high dollar amount. I'll admit I no very little to nothing about the world of Arcadia and related clones...

I think I've got 7 or 8 Laseractive games now. Nork, and this set are the only two I've ever seen with this much. That takes some major dedication. If I'm ever down in Florida I have to see some of those (especially the 3d titles). :thumbsup:

DUDE!! Lets plan a road trip meet up!!! I know ntavio is down in Florida, it would be EPIC! They would write songs about it for future generations to hear the tale :)

• Like 2

@

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

lolololololololololol

Charity, lol, classic...

'

forth bold...U mad?

I got trolled, and I'm quite upset about it... considering I was making a concerted effort to troll the community, this very much angers me.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

:twisted:

• Like 1

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

A little late to the party, but I think this can be answered quite easily. How old are you? I think that really is a relevant question to understand the "why." You had to be there, when these systems were released is what I mean. No Xbox loaded with whatever would ever take the place of a good arcade. Forget for a second that any emulator never gets it quite right - sounds slightly off, wrong controls, speed slightly off. The biggest motivator of all is the ambiance. Back in the day, arcades were a place to socialize. The people milling around playing games, discussing the finer points of each game, the comraderie, the high score rivalries, the sights, sounds and smells all recall an age gone by. It's a complete nostaglia kick.

Could you enlighten me?

Mike

A little late to the party, but I think this can be answered quite easily. How old are you? I think that really is a relevant question to understand the "why." You had to be there, when these systems were released is what I mean. No Xbox loaded with whatever would ever take the place of a good arcade. Forget for a second that any emulator never gets it quite right - sounds slightly off, wrong controls, speed slightly off. The biggest motivator of all is the ambiance. Back in the day, arcades were a place to socialize. The people milling around playing games, discussing the finer points of each game, the comraderie, the high score rivalries, the sights, sounds and smells all recall an age gone by. It's a complete nostaglia kick.

Finally someone replies without crying. Thanks.

I know that emulated games sometimes aren't 100% identical, but most if not all are at least 95% wouldn't you say? And some being perfectly emulated. I'll take that for $100 over buying multiple arcade cabinets just to have it 100% authentic and spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. Plus it takes up way less room.

The controls on emulated games are inaccurate? I wasn't aware of that, but if true that sucks. I thought you could map the controls for emulated games...

Also, did you ever hear of dream home arcades? I just found out about them a couple of days ago. They customize any type of cabinet to your liking with over 24,000 games on it using Hyperspin. You get a lifetime warranty with lifetime updates for new games. You're telling me you rather spend thousand more for the real thing, instead of spending $3,500 to $4000 max for a customized cabinet with pretty much every arcade game ever including consoles up to dream cast?

I don't know man, but even if I was rich, I'm taking option 2. I'm only taking option 1 if I owned an arcade, in which I would have no choice. But I'm talking about personal use in your house/mansion.

I'm only 20 btw, so I never got to experience the arcades golden days back in the 70s and 80s, but I love arcade/classic games unlike 90% of the kids my age that rather play Call of Duty like idiots.

No emulated game is going to be 100%. None of them. Yes, they'll be close, but never quite there. When I say the controls are wrong, I am referring mainly to the fact that you're using a gamepad. With most of the classic games, the specialized control panel also added immensely to the game play. Tron, Robotron, Star Wars and others come to mind where they have unique controls that of course you don't replicate with an Xbox. Plus you'll never get the look right of any vector based arcade game.

I've heard of dream controls - I went that route myself about seven years ago. However, I built it myself. It ended up costing about 3K. It uses hot swappable panels to give me at least close to the same control panels of my favorite games. I don't have the space to do a full arcade sadly. I can see your point, especially since you don't have the originals to compare. But if you're really into this stuff, I'd say you'd see the difference if you had a Mame machine running next to the real thing.

I hear ya. About the xbox controller though...you could always get someone to make an adapter for arcade sticks to work with an original xbox or make the actual stick to work with an xbox. So you could pretty much replicate the arcade controllers. But you got me on the tron/star wars joy stick. But if you don't play those games you don't have to worry about it.

Since you know about dream arcades I might as well ask you, do you know if theres a way to use original consoles controllers (NES/SNES/GENESIS/ps1) with there pedestal or cabinets? I know they sell there own "duel analog controller" but they don't have any pics or even mention it on there web site. Plus they sell it for an absurd $150 dollars.

Do you know anything about there controller?

Pretty cool that you made your own cabinet. Wish I could learn to do it. Do you think the Dream arcade cabinets/pedestals are worth the prices they charge?

Mike

Edited by mclebron23

I'm not familiar with their actual controller, but you should be able to make your own instead, and for less.

As far as you learning how to make your own cabinet, take a look here:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com

You could definitely do it for less. It all depends on what you want. I put together a basic setup for someone else for $100 using an existing arcade cabinet and an old pc\monitor I had collecting dust. Older versions of Mame run great on cheap pcs.