IGNORED

Euro Jagfest 2010 - 27th November 2010

Starcat

I'm sorry guys - work has just been bearing down on me so much these last few months - i really don't think the demo is going to be to the point i wanted it in time for E-Jagfest - it looks like it will either be a slightly modded version or a VERY rough thing - neither of which i'm very happy about

Don't be sorry. Everyone understands.

You should have seen the reactions to your demo last year. :lust: I am pretty certain that everyone will love whatever you have to show, even if it is rough.

I'm sorry guys - work has just been bearing down on me so much these last few months - i really don't think the demo is going to be to the point i wanted it in time for E-Jagfest - it looks like it will either be a slightly modded version or a VERY rough thing - neither of which i'm very happy about

Don't be sorry. Everyone understands.

You should have seen the reactions to your demo last year. :lust: I am pretty certain that everyone will love whatever you have to show, even if it is rough.

I'm with Peter - we're hungry for any info & however rough it looks, we'd still love to see it!

I have also booked at the Jan van Werth hotel.

My plane land at Dusseldorf at the beginning of afternoon. I may try to find some boardgame shops in Dusseldorf or Kaarst during afternoon, then try to find the hotel :D

Do you plan to lunch during travel ? I can wait for you (we usually eat late in france)

Edited by Fadest

I'll be there.

As a side note, the Christmas markets in Dusseldorf have started at that time. So if you arrive already Friday or are still there at Sunday, you can visit the markets as well.

Robert

http://www.duesseldorf-weihnachtsmarkt.de

http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/duesseldorf_christmas_market.htm

My plane land at Dusseldorf at the beginning of afternoon. I may try to find some boardgame shops in Dusseldorf or Kaarst during afternoon, then try to find the hotel :D

Do you plan to lunch during travel ? I can wait for you (we usually eat late in france)

Don't think we will be there until 2230-2300 :sad: Just hope somewhere is still open for food! :P

Don't think we will be there until 2230-2300 :sad: Just hope somewhere is still open for food! :P

it could be hard to get a currywurst at this time. but nearby there is a McDonalds and a KFC if you want to go the "American Stlye" :lol:

it could be hard to get a currywurst at this time. but nearby there is a McDonalds and a KFC if you want to go the "American Stlye" :lol:

It looks like the "Currywurst" rules this thread again. :-D

It looks like the "Currywurst" rules this thread again. :-D

Its all about getting your priorties right

1 - CurryWurst

2 - CurryWurst

3 - Beer

4 - Games

5 - Currywurst

6 - Beer

7 - Ogle the attractive barmaid

8 - LOTS MORE BEER AFTER #7 :D

9 - CurryWurst

Edited by Gaztee

Will there be some available Jag/TV ?

Il will try to bring my Jag with some of Jagware currently in development games, but I cannot bring a TV via plane :D

I could try & bring a spare monitor - will be dependent on how much room is in Link's boot ;0)

OK, I'll pack in three LCD TVs then. One 10" is for sale (100 Euros, some guy on nexgam.de showed his interest already), one 10" is a spare one for people like Fadest and my 13" is for myself.

Thorsten

I also bring a Jaguar and a TV, since I don't have anything to show other than hopefully being able to be part of a big Battlesphere network, my setup can also be used to show stuff.

BTW I just realised that I can't use my Atari Scart cable when using the catbox for networks, so I'll also have to bring some composite cables.

Just in case that anyone ouf you didn't stumble over this yet.

@Thorsten:

Just out of curiosity, are you sure you mean 10" screensize?

I didn't know there were LCD screens that size, especially as TVs. Unless it's some kind of portable screen for DVD players.

There are apparently several of these in existence. One was sold under the Medion label at Aldi stores last summer (and will be available again there from/on Dec 02 according to their website), another one is the Denver LCD-1030DVBT. I have both models currently, but they are too similar to keep them both (I suspect only the case is different). Both won't give a stable picture on an ST via SCART, but the are great for the Jaguar and work well with XL/XE computers also.

If you're aiming for the best picture with any hardware I've tried so far (including an Interton VC4000), I can only recommend the pretty expensive MEOS DVD133B (which also includes a DVD player), which even gives an excellent ST high resolution picture via VGA due to it's native resolution of 1280x800 pixels. That's the one I will be using.

Thorsten

Last minute request:

I just stumbled upon my second Jaguar and remembered hearing that the 50/60 HZ Mod would be pretty trivial but I do not have the knowledge nor the tools to do it myself. Is anyone who attends jagfest tomorrow able to do that mod for me if it is as easy as it sounds?

I would appreciate it very much.

Sorry for asking in the last second but this idea just crossed my mind.

Thanks

I could also trade it for a modded Jaguar + paying for the parts or what is needed, if it is easier to do that kind of work at home instead of the Jagfest.

Edited by PeterG