IGNORED

Lefty Joystick Adaptor

SpaceDice2010

If you don't mind making it permanent, just re-arrance the wires in the stick. But an adapter would be nice because it would work with any stick. I have never seen or even read about one.

IMO, definitely the easiest, albeit a pain if you don't want to keep it that way.

But you could almost as easily build an adapter with 2 9-pin connectors (1 M, 1 F) for less than $5

I'm a lefty, with 2 lefty parents. But I grew up in a righty world, and learned to do many things right-handed. That includes playing video games and using computers.

Hmmm. I guess I will have to see if I can find the damn thing. All it was was a little adapter that plugged into the joystick port that allowed a lefty the hold the stick a different way. I was wondering if more than one company made it as the book said if you had one from Suncom it is classified as "Missing Merchandise".

This is the book, btw

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1574325736?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1574325736

For some reason I really like that book, not for the price guide, but for the pictures and it does a 1/2 decent job with Atari label variations.

Does it really make a difference? With the Atari we control the movement with the right hand while pressing the buttons with the left. On almost every system that came after it we control the movement with the left hand while pressing the buttons with the right. By your logic all the righties should be complaining that we want "right handed joy-pads" with the movement controlled by the right hand....

Does it really make a difference? With the Atari we control the movement with the right hand while pressing the buttons with the left. On almost every system that came after it we control the movement with the left hand while pressing the buttons with the right. By your logic all the righties should be complaining that we want "right handed joy-pads" with the movement controlled by the right hand....

The righties do complain on occasion. the modern gaming forum has a couple of threads somewhere with people bitching about all modern pads being made for lefties.

I'm left handed but I've never had an issue with the 2600 stick. To really play video games of any era you have to be somewhat ambidextrous anyway.

It's a similar thing with guitars...

I mean. I guess the reason I was asking is if anyone actually had seen such a thing. I know I sent like $10 to a mail order company to get one back in the day. Then I see a collector book asking if anyone has one they want to see a picture. Before I go looking I want to make sure I am not looking for something very common. I have no desire to say I have this rare piece of atari hardware or anything like that, but if they want a picture to prove that it actually existed then I will try and find it when I have time. If 20 different manufacturers made one then I probably wont even bother to look.

I mean. I guess the reason I was asking is if anyone actually had seen such a thing. I know I sent like $10 to a mail order company to get one back in the day. Then I see a collector book asking if anyone has one they want to see a picture. Before I go looking I want to make sure I am not looking for something very common. I have no desire to say I have this rare piece of atari hardware or anything like that, but if they want a picture to prove that it actually existed then I will try and find it when I have time. If 20 different manufacturers made one then I probably wont even bother to look.

I personally have never heard of one, I think it is a neat thing, if I found one, I'd keep it. I wouldn't pay much for one, maybe $5 for kicks if I saw it laying on a table.