IGNORED

Intellivision Super Pro System and Coleco

JayWI

After a couple hours of trying to find the information on the interwebs I'm giving up. I hope someone actually knows this. Not a guess or speculation but knows.

Will Coleco games, such as Donkey Kong and Mousetrap play on an Intellivision Super Pro System?

I have read contradicting reports on this. Some say that with the Intellivision II and all systems after that, the Coleco games will not work. Others says it's only the Intellivision II but they do work with the later systems.

I have a Super Pro system. My original Intellivision died years ago. My copies of Donkey Kong and Mousetrap did work with the original but I have never gotten them to work with the Super Pro. This leads to me to believe that they do not work.

It is possible that perhaps the games aren't fitting into the cartridge slot well enough and good contact isn't being made. I'd cut down the carts, but I don't want to waste the time or potentially ruin the carts if they can never work with the Super Pro system. I'd rather buy another original Intellivision system that I know they work with. So before I do that, does anyone actually know what the true behavior of these games on Super Pro system is?

Coleco games should work on the Super Pro System. The Intellivision II introduced changes that prevented some of those games from working, but the INTV System III and the Super Pro System (the same hardware with different names) went back to the original Intellivision design.

I've never used a Super Pro System, but I have used Coleco games successfully on an INTV System III, so I know for a certainty that they are compatible.

• Like 1

Coleco games should work on the Super Pro System. The Intellivision II introduced changes that prevented some of those games from working, but the INTV System III and the Super Pro System (the same hardware with different names) went back to the original Intellivision design.

I've never used a Super Pro System, but I have used Coleco games successfully on an INTV System III, so I know for a certainty that they are compatible.

Ah thank you. It's either the cart seating thing or something wrong with the carts themselves. I'll continue to play with 'em.

I really miss Mousetrap. I have it on the 2600 and Colecovision but the Intellivision has a special meaning. That's for story time in a different thread.

Ah thank you. It's either the cart seating thing or something wrong with the carts themselves. I'll continue to play with 'em.

I really miss Mousetrap. I have it on the 2600 and Colecovision but the Intellivision has a special meaning. That's for story time in a different thread.

The cartridges could certainly be bad; I've had a few dead Coleco carts, too. Fortunately, both Donkey Kong and Mousetrap are fairly common titles, so it should be fairly easy to find replacements at a reasonable price.

The cartridges could certainly be bad; I've had a few dead Coleco carts, too. Fortunately, both Donkey Kong and Mousetrap are fairly common titles, so it should be fairly easy to find replacements at a reasonable price.

Perhaps I'll try that. It's been well over 20 years since I last played those games and in that time they've been moved several times, stored in an attic and in a basement. I'm sure just the two extremes in temperatures and humidity could have killed them. Funny thing is all my other carts work just fine.

Man...all this time and worry about a crappy version of Donkey Kong that doesn't work :lol: The Mousetrap is important though.