IGNORED

How many copies does the average Homebrew sell?

Rev

• 4 weeks later...

From my experience here so far, most homebrews are only produced in up to 100 units.  Is this due to lack of interest or is it just to keep the game rare?

Not sure were you got this experience from, but homebrews sold at AA are usually not limited. Homebrew programmers have no reason to keep a game rare, except maybe when they create a collectors edition initially. Those are usually limited, but afterwards unlimited, standard editions are sold.

From my experience here so far, most homebrews are only produced in up to 100 units.  Is this due to lack of interest or is it just to keep the game rare?

Not sure were you got this experience from, but homebrews sold at AA are usually not limited. Homebrew programmers have no reason to keep a game rare, except maybe when they create a collectors edition initially. Those are usually limited, but afterwards unlimited, standard editions are sold.

My comment was based on the various posts on the forums over the last year or so for games such as Ghost n Zombies for Colecovision and many Atari 2600 homebrews I have seen sold on these forums.  They don't seem to be listing them as limited editions or anything, just that 100 or less are being made.  I have even helped get some in touch with reproduction houses to ease the assembly costs and such so that more can be produced but have yet to see that happen for whatever reason.

I think it is cool that there are homebrews still being made available though.