IGNORED

Want To Trade Apple IIgs WOZ Edtion for Atari System

AtariSociety

I have a very clean Apple IIgs WOZ edition computer with monitor, 3.5" & 5.25" floppy drives, keyboard & mouse, owners manual, with various software titles that I am looking to trade for a Atari based computer. I already own a Mega 2 and 520ST so I don't need those. I am open to Mega STe model and even a TT030 + cash from me to make deal more even. Although I do need a Megafile 30 or larger hard drive for the Mega 2 so that could be a partial trade if needed. If you have a TT030, I would be happy to offer my IIgs plus cash for it.

So, let me know what you have to offer. Upgrades for the Mega 2? External devices?

Since my items are heavy, USA and Canada only for trades.

Here is a picture of my sweet Apple IIgs system.

web.jpg

Thanks

Thomas

Edited by macsociety

Drooling over how nice your systems look. Man, I wish you needed some Amiga stuff. I'd love to have a nice ][GS :)

Yes, the IIgs is pretty clean. The A1000 next to it sold a couple weeks back. Miss it but I have more an Atari bug in me than Amiga so.

I have not been 100% sure I want to sell or trade the IIgs but if the right deal comes along, I am game.

Played with some of my old Atari stuff today and has rekindled some great memories.

TJ

That's a nice looking //gs! I own several, and that's about as clean as one's going to get, unless it was in it's box for it's life. It's also a Woz signed edition-- they weren't rare, but it's preferable over a non-Woz case. Do you know if it's a ROM 1 or ROM 3 version?

How can I tell what ROM it is? Do I need to open the case or can this be figured out some other way?

tj

I have take the IIgs system off the market for right now. Starting to have pre-sellers remorse so going to sleep on it a bit so I can decided. Wife made me think about it last night and asked whether I was sure I should sell it or not. So, off the market it goes for today. <grin>.

tj

I have take the IIgs system off the market for right now. Starting to have pre-sellers remorse so going to sleep on it a bit so I can decided. Wife made me think about it last night and asked whether I was sure I should sell it or not. So, off the market it goes for today. .

tj

I was just about to offer 3 TT's for it - snap. Gotta put those away :D

I unfort only have a spare 1040ST so I didnt bother responding - it is a nice IIgs setup - I would keep it also!

If/when you decide to get rid of it, I think you'd do well to SELL it rather than trade. It's too complicated to trade, Atari stuff is pretty cheap/plentiful, and a nice IIgs is not so much, I should think.

The likelihood of someone who wants that with a pocket full of cash is much greater than finding someone with a suitable Atari system.

Personally, I have no interest in II stuff, but I'll bet there are a lot of people who do, and I'd imagine that's kind of a star of the lineup?? Isn't it?

If/when you decide to get rid of it, I think you'd do well to SELL it rather than trade. It's too complicated to trade, Atari stuff is pretty cheap/plentiful, and a nice IIgs is not so much, I should think.

The likelihood of someone who wants that with a pocket full of cash is much greater than finding someone with a suitable Atari system.

Personally, I have no interest in II stuff, but I'll bet there are a lot of people who do, and I'd imagine that's kind of a star of the lineup?? Isn't it?

Yup, I think the IIgs was the last of the series and has a rather unique CPU in it from what I understand.

tj

While macsociety's setup is certainly in nice cosmetic condition, the Apple IIgs is itself not particularly rare or difficult to find. I've seen several CIB with CPU, keyboard, monitor, drives, and memory expansion sell for under $100. My eBay search a few minutes ago brought up over a dozen currently for sale, although whether they are working and worth buying is anyone's guess...

While macsociety's setup is certainly in nice cosmetic condition, the Apple IIgs is itself not particularly rare or difficult to find. I've seen several CIB with CPU, keyboard, monitor, drives, and memory expansion sell for under $100. My eBay search a few minutes ago brought up over a dozen currently for sale, although whether they are working and worth buying is anyone's guess...

And remember, mine is a WOZ edition. Those fetch more $.

Normally for around $99, I see just the CPU itself in the WOZ edition as normal price. And that is just the CPU itself. The non WOZ edition sell for less, yes. Then add all the rest to make it a complete system and you will see my original price is about right on the money. If you don't care about the special WOZ case, then yes you can get a IIgs cheaper.

I am all about the WOZ and his signature on the case makes all the difference to me. :cool:

tj

Edited by macsociety

Just perused eBay again. I see only one WOZ edition and it is a CPU alone, nothing else, for $99.99 + shipping.

There are all sorts of IIgs "non" woz models that have all sorts of pricing with different items they come with but the ones with monitor and floppy drives and all that fun stuff are right up where I had priced mine at so I was actually low pricing mine a bit since it is a bit rarer model to find than their stock non Woz units.

I am sure someone right now though has in their garage sale a brand new never used model they received as a gift and will sell it this weekend for $10. Love barn-finds but that never happens to me so I always seem to pay the higher market prices myself. :)

tj

I am sure someone right now though has in their garage sale a brand new never used model they received as a gift and will sell it this weekend for $10. Love barn-finds but that never happens to me so I always seem to pay the higher market prices myself. :)

That's funny you mentioned that. I actually found my Woz edition IIgs at a yard sale for $10. Came with three drives, a printer, a bunch of manuals, and disks (including a boxed AppleWorks). This thread actually inspired me to fire it up again (I keep it in my man-cave, there may actually be a pic in my AA gallery). My disk from high school (1992) actually still works! Ahh, BASIC programs of yore...

That's funny you mentioned that. I actually found my Woz edition IIgs at a yard sale for $10. Came with three drives, a printer, a bunch of manuals, and disks (including a boxed AppleWorks). This thread actually inspired me to fire it up again (I keep it in my man-cave, there may actually be a pic in my AA gallery). My disk from high school (1992) actually still works! Ahh, BASIC programs of yore...

There are some lucky ones for sure. I am never so lucky. I hear all these stores if folks gett TT030s for free or cheap and man, I wish I could stumble across deals like that. But... I am happy to pay a fair or slightly premium price for good clean running systems. Clean and not all beat up is important to me so worth spending the extra $$ in my book. Then there are some folks that prefer spending 1/2 normal price and don't mind yellowed cases or scratched up cases, etc... To each is own.

Maybe one of these days I will find that $10 system. :P

But yeh, if you look at what I was selling mine for, you will find it was a rather nice deal in the condition it is in, etc...

I my still deal it yet but I am fudging right now after the wife reminded me why I purchased it in the first place.

tj

Yup, I think the IIgs was the last of the series and has a rather unique CPU in it from what I understand.

tj

They actually still make the 65C816 for under $10. The only problem is that if you order from WDC in small quantities they charge $7 shipping and a $10 handling fee. Sometimes 6502.org does group buys.

I'm getting a non-Woz, drives and monitor for $25. A lot of those IIgs on Ebay don't sell because I've watched them get relisted. I couldn't imagine buying that IIgs Woz for $99 and finding out it didn't work. I'd say it's way overpriced. Like the Laser 128EX that's listed for $194 CAN + $44 Shipping or an Apple IIe for $300. Maybe the words "Collectable" "Rare" "Vintage" boost up the price.

You have a really nice clean system, you should keep it.