IGNORED

Nintendo 64 arcade stick

wado02

I read somewhere that MAS Systems built some sticks dor the N64 but have found no information of it. Are there any other good arcade sticks or options to use (like a PS to N64 converter) one available?

Quite a bit ago, I got a MAS Systems controller that had plugs for Dreamcast, Playstation, Gamecube,and - yes - N64. If you're referring to a dedicated N64 model, I wouldn't really know on that one - this one had the Capcom-style 6/8-button layout with a little yellow button to switch between analog and digital input on the joystick. Trying it on Donkey Kong 64, the menus were rather difficult to navigate (the analog speed is set to slow for some reason, rather than max like on Dreamcast and PS), but playing the Arcade Donkey Kong on it felt pretty nice.

I unfortunately do not have any other truly arcade-like games to go with it. Anyone have a spare copy of Killer Instinct Gold or something?

I really don't know of any other "high-grade" N64 sticks.

(The Arcade Shark, BTW, is probably not quite what he's looking for if the first mention he has is of a MAS Systems joystick.)

Thanks for the answers. I had read about the Arcade Shark, but it didn't look to be well built. I guess I'll have to give it a try, it's not expensive after all. I'm interested to use it mainly with fighting games like Killer Instinct Gold.

I read somewhere that MAS Systems built some sticks dor the N64 but have found no information of it. Are there any other good arcade sticks or options to use (like a PS to N64 converter) one available?

Quite a bit ago, I got a MAS Systems controller that had plugs for Dreamcast, Playstation, Gamecube,and - yes - N64. If you're referring to a dedicated N64 model, I wouldn't really know on that one - this one had the Capcom-style 6/8-button layout with a little yellow button to switch between analog and digital input on the joystick. Trying it on Donkey Kong 64, the menus were rather difficult to navigate (the analog speed is set to slow for some reason, rather than max like on Dreamcast and PS), but playing the Arcade Donkey Kong on it felt pretty nice.

I unfortunately do not have any other truly arcade-like games to go with it. Anyone have a spare copy of Killer Instinct Gold or something?

I really don't know of any other "high-grade" N64 sticks.

(The Arcade Shark, BTW, is probably not quite what he's looking for if the first mention he has is of a MAS Systems joystick.)

Are you willing to sell me the N64 adapter?

You could always try hacking up your own stick. My buddy had a MAS stick for one system but converted it over for use on the Dreamcast by gutting a pad and wiring the stick and buttons up to the bare PCB.

I used to make many arcade sticks for systems that didn't have them (or good ones) by doing just that.

Are you willing to sell me the N64 adapter?

Ah, clarifying - the N64 plug wasn't a separate adapter, it was wired into the joystick along with the PS/DC/GCN plug. So, sorry, but no can do on that. And I probably won't get rid of the stick either - I love playing my Dreamcast games with it.

Perhaps it's possible you could try to make a custom order from MAS Systems, but you'd be paying a heck of a lot of money and I've heard horror stories about their customer service, which is part of the reason I waited until I could get a second-hand MAS Joystick.

As for game systems that lack an arcade joystick - I tried looking for joysticks for the PC-FX of all things. Hahahaha. It'd be humorous if anyone made one of them to play Battle Heat with - unfortunately not too likely, because as far as I know I'm the only American who ever got any good at that game. :L

If anyone would take up that project, though, I'd suggest a Japanese-style joystick to go with a Japan-only game console.

Edited by Kiddo

• 2 weeks later...