IGNORED

ICD R-Time 8 Issue

Guitarman

I have a ICD R-Time 8 that seems to have quit working. The RT8 is not recognized by the system at all. I use it with my SDX cart which usually recognizes it automatically. Battery is good and in a low profile battery clip, which I replaced about 2 years ago. Plus, if it was the battery, it would still be recognized, just with the wrong time. Does anyone have any idea what would cause it to just stop working?? Any help appreciated!!

Mine behaved the same way. At the suggestion of someone here, I "freshened up" all the solder joints after already cleaning all the contacts and reolacing the battery. After that, it started working again, but lately has again taken a nose-dive, sometimes "forgetting" the correct time/date. I probably will need to replace the IC's. (Any other suggestions?) I really miss having three of those carts stacked up vertically in front of my display screen... ;)

I just noticed something related to this. My RT8 cart with the 4.22 cart and my 4.42 cart give different dates -- probably something to do with Y2K. (?)

I have a ICD R-Time 8 that seems to have quit working. The RT8 is not recognized by the system at all. I use it with my SDX cart which usually recognizes it automatically. Battery is good and in a low profile battery clip, which I replaced about 2 years ago. Plus, if it was the battery, it would still be recognized, just with the wrong time. Does anyone have any idea what would cause it to just stop working?? Any help appreciated!!

Edited by Larry

Mine behaved the same way. At the suggestion of someone here, I "freshened up" all the solder joints after already cleaning all the contacts and reolacing the battery. After that, it started working again, but lately has again taken a nose-dive, sometimes "forgetting" the correct time/date. I probably will need to replace the IC's. (Any other suggestions?) I really miss having three of those carts stacked up vertically in front of my display screen... ;)

I just noticed something related to this. My RT8 cart with the 4.22 cart and my 4.42 cart give different dates -- probably something to do with Y2K. (?)

SpartaDOSX 4.22 gets the day of the week wrong,a Y2K problem. It should get the day of the month and time correct.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...