IGNORED

2600A - Promotional Console

rokushadows

Hey guys, just joined the forum to see how much an Atari 2600 CX2600A made in Sunnyvale with the "Not for resale, promotional use only" stamp on the underside was worth. Thank you!

Not too much. A nice boxed one sold on ebay recently for under $40. Loose, I would say around $25.

Interesting. Thanks for your quick reply! I'm looking to purchase a 2600 but I can't figure out which one I want :? I guess if these aren't as rare as I thought they were, I'll keep looking for a heavy sixer.

Yeah, promo 4-switchers are apparently not very rare and usually do not sell for much, if any, more than a regular 4-switcher woodgrain console.

Someone recently claimed to have a promo heavy sixer but has stopped responding since we asked for photos. AFAIK that's the first one reported so, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

Yeah, promo 4-switchers are apparently not very rare and usually do not sell for much, if any, more than a regular 4-switcher woodgrain console.

Someone recently claimed to have a promo heavy sixer but has stopped responding since we asked for photos. AFAIK that's the first one reported so, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

Yeah, I'd like to see some pictures of that one!

I only asked about the promo 4 switch because there was one for sale and just wondered if it was a good deal. I guess I'll hold out for something a bit better!

I only asked about the promo 4 switch because there was one for sale and just wondered if it was a good deal. I guess I'll hold out for something a bit better!

If you are just looking to get one to use, just get the cheapest one the works and looks ok. They all work the same way.

If you are just looking to get one to use, just get the cheapest one the works and looks ok. They all work the same way.

Yeah, but I'd like to spend a little extra money to have more of a collectible one.

Yeah, but I'd like to spend a little extra money to have more of a collectible one.

If you are going for collectible then get a Sears Heavy Sixer.