IGNORED

File version of MidiMaze? Yes!

_Fandal_

This is just the kind of stuff that makes using an Atari worthwhile. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One comment about using the "Drones" as opponents: The difference between the semi-retarded "Very Dumb" drones and the tough "Plain Dumb" drones, makes using drones as fun/challenging opponents almost not worth the effort. It would have been nice to have drones with intelligence somewhere in between these two vastly different ones.

Couldn't you play 8 bit midi maze in less than 256k? What's so different about this one?

The ROM image is 128K. If you need to patch it and allow it to use the RAM it needs and to also display the game you are going to need more than 128K.

"Midimaze" is on a 256k MegaCart.

"Mean 18" also uses a 256k MegaCart.

"Commando" uses a 512k MegaCart.

I still think I'm missing something, here. You took a game off of a format that most Atari owners can play and put it into a format that most Atari owners can't. :?

Most don't have the cart needed, everyone has a disk drive (or SIO2PC). And nobody is being forced to play this either. Fandal did everybody a favor here.

I still think I'm missing something, here. You took a game off of a format that most Atari owners can play and put it into a format that most Atari owners can't. :?

These games were never released in mass by Atari. They are prototypes but are finished. (although Mean 18 was not complete). So there are no readily available carts.

Allan

I for one, no longer have an atari system, but still like to see the new releases. So a file format that can run in an emulator is perfect for me. Keep em coming.

Bob