IGNORED

Intellivoice troubleshooting

OK, I am officially in the Intellivision fan club now. I just recieved the lot I bought from someone on AA; I got boxed Inty 1 and 2, as well as about 50 games mostly complete. The Inty 1 is a beauty, not a mark on her and perfectly coiled cords on her controllers that perform like new. Soooo happy! Mostly, anyway. I was dissapointed that the intellivoice I picked up a few weeks back doesnt seem to work. I flip it on and just get a blackish screen. I cleaned the connector card on the console end and tried it with all five voice games I had, but nothing. Any ideas or common problems with these? Morgan

OK, I am officially in the Intellivision fan club now. I just recieved the lot I bought from someone on AA; I got boxed Inty 1 and 2, as well as about 50 games mostly complete. The Inty 1 is a beauty, not a mark on her and perfectly coiled cords on her controllers that perform like new. Soooo happy! Mostly, anyway. I was dissapointed that the intellivoice I picked up a few weeks back doesnt seem to work. I flip it on and just get a blackish screen. I cleaned the connector card on the console end and tried it with all five voice games I had, but nothing. Any ideas or common problems with these? Morgan

OK, while I have had no issues with cartridge insertion depth on the console, on the Intellivoice I have to back the cart out 3/16" or so and reset. I will do a thorough cleaning of the cart slot on the peripheral and see if it helps. Love the goofy voice on B-17 Bomber! Morgan

Some of the Intellivoices have protruding screws on the bottom that will NOT fit in the INTV 2.Some Intellivoices have the screws COUNTERSUNK which will fit into the INTV 2.The ones with the protruding screws will fit but that requires forcing in thus gauging the crap out of console.I have 3 with the protruding screws for my INTV 1's, and 3 with the COUNTERSUNK screws for my INTV 2's.Just a helpful observation to look out for! ;)

Edited by Rik

what games did you get?

try to find white water and beauty and the beast if you dont have those. :thumbsup:

Well, this is as good a place as any to jot down the games to sort them out....

Mouse Trap - CIB bad, all but a few of these boxes were in good shape

Lock N Chase - CIB

Major League Baseball - CIB missing one overlay

Space Armada - CIB

Burgertime - CIB

NASL Soccer - CIB

Space Hawk - CIB

B-17 Bomber - CIB

Tron Solar Sailer - CIB

Tron Maza a tron - CIB

Auto Racing - CIB

Armor Battle - CIB

Astrosmash - CIB

Demon Attack - CIB

Donkey Kong - CIB

Tron Deadly Discs - CIB

NBA Basketball - CIB

NFL Football - CIB

Sea Battle - CIIB

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons - CIB

Skiing - CIB

Night Stalker - CIB

Vegas Poker and Blackjack - CIB

Tennis - CIB

NHL Hockey - CIB

Space Battle - CIB

Pitfall - CIB

Boxing - CIB

Reversi - loose

Frog Bog - Loose

Roulette - Manual and overlays

Checkers - Loose

Sub Hunt - Manual, overlays

Royal Dealer - Manual, overlays

Elec. Co. Math Fun - loose

Elec. Co. Word Fun - loose

Snafu - loose

Lock n chase - Loose

Mission X - Manual, overlays

Horse Racing - manual

Bomb Squad - loose

Space Spartans - loose

Kool Aid Man - manual

Star Strike - Loose

Pac-Man - Loose

Carnival - Manual

Venture - loose

Dragonfire - loose

Atlantis - loose

Microsurgeon - manual, overlays

Novablast - loose

Beauty and the Beast - loose

Q-bert - loose

Extra manuals - MLB, Auto racing (2), Donkey Kong, Skiing, Bowling, Space Armada, Astrosmash

Extra Overlays - Skiing, Astrosmash, Bowling (1)

Now I just gotta sort in the games I bought while I was waiting for this stuff to get here. Oh and I will try Beauty and the Beast tonight. Where is the best place to find manual / overlay scans ? Morgan

Well, this is as good a place as any to jot down the games to sort them out....

Mouse Trap - CIB bad, all but a few of these boxes were in good shape

Lock N Chase - CIB

Major League Baseball - CIB missing one overlay

Space Armada - CIB

Burgertime - CIB

NASL Soccer - CIB

Space Hawk - CIB

B-17 Bomber - CIB

Tron Solar Sailer - CIB

Tron Maza a tron - CIB

Auto Racing - CIB

Armor Battle - CIB

Astrosmash - CIB

Demon Attack - CIB

Donkey Kong - CIB

Tron Deadly Discs - CIB

NBA Basketball - CIB

NFL Football - CIB

Sea Battle - CIIB

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons - CIB

Skiing - CIB

Night Stalker - CIB

Vegas Poker and Blackjack - CIB

Tennis - CIB

NHL Hockey - CIB

Space Battle - CIB

Pitfall - CIB

Boxing - CIB

Reversi - loose

Frog Bog - Loose

Roulette - Manual and overlays

Checkers - Loose

Sub Hunt - Manual, overlays

Royal Dealer - Manual, overlays

Elec. Co. Math Fun - loose

Elec. Co. Word Fun - loose

Snafu - loose

Lock n chase - Loose

Mission X - Manual, overlays

Horse Racing - manual

Bomb Squad - loose

Space Spartans - loose

Kool Aid Man - manual

Star Strike - Loose

Pac-Man - Loose

Carnival - Manual

Venture - loose

Dragonfire - loose

Atlantis - loose

Microsurgeon - manual, overlays

Novablast - loose

Beauty and the Beast - loose

Q-bert - loose

Extra manuals - MLB, Auto racing (2), Donkey Kong, Skiing, Bowling, Space Armada, Astrosmash

Extra Overlays - Skiing, Astrosmash, Bowling (1)

Now I just gotta sort in the games I bought while I was waiting for this stuff to get here. Oh and I will try Beauty and the Beast tonight. Where is the best place to find manual / overlay scans ? Morgan

try intvfunhouse.com

• 2 years later...

any intellivoice owners have issues with loud static? Mine works for a few minutes, but then loud static will begin. After it fades out, none of the voices in the game (Space Spartans) work, they either don't play or are static themselves. Resetting the Master component doesn't clear it up. I've thoroughly cleaned the module, game cart and master component... I still get the same results. The static happens even when I play a non voice game through it. Could the module itself be faulty?

any intellivoice owners have issues with loud static? Mine works for a few minutes, but then loud static will begin. After it fades out, none of the voices in the game (Space Spartans) work, they either don't play or are static themselves. Resetting the Master component doesn't clear it up. I've thoroughly cleaned the module, game cart and master component... I still get the same results. The static happens even when I play a non voice game through it. Could the module itself be faulty?

Does it work if you fiddle with the volume dial?