IGNORED

activision games don't fit in 7800

howerton

Is your cart slot cracked, maybe? I have two 7800s, and the one with a cracked cart guide expands enough to fit any cart, while the other simply can't hold some carts without them launching back out.

That could be. I seem to recall looking at it closely and noticing a hairline crack in something, somewhere many years ago when this same discussion came up here. If there is a crack, it doesn't affect the function of the machine at all - in fact I guess it helps, since I can play carts in it that otherwise maybe wouldn't fit.

Of course, I also have a 2600 out that I can use for 2600 games instead of the 7800. (have seven working 2600s in total)

For whatever reason, in 1984, someone decided to "update" the cartridge guide on the systems and the 7800 guide is more rounded in the corners then the original 1977 guide and the 1981 and 1983 updated guides. The 2600jr has its guide molded directly into the design and is of the correct way as it was done in 1983 originally...

Curt

For whatever reason, in 1984, someone decided to "update" the cartridge guide on the systems and the 7800 guide is more rounded in the corners then the original 1977 guide and the 1981 and 1983 updated guides. The 2600jr has its guide molded directly into the design and is of the correct way as it was done in 1983 originally...

Curt

Is it safe to Dremel it so the carts fit a little easier?

Curt

Did they redo them again around '87-'88? The later ones seem even worse than the earlier ones.

Mitch