IGNORED

Games you could play forever

scogey

I played as Wizard on the Arcade Gauntlet for 6 hours straight on one quarter, before walking away.

A real gamer would never walk away from an arcade game. He would keep playing until his pants were soaked with urine and his armpits smelled like soup.

I was on a 4 player Gauntlet. I would gain health when I played alone. When kids would join, I would start to lose health. For much of the 6 hours, I had the machine to myself. Near the end of the 6 hours kids were beginning to flood into the arcade, and really annoying me (I was 19 at the time). Eventually I got tired of the kids and bailed... let a kid kill off my wizard. Yeah, the need to pee weighed-in on the decision as well.

"Local teen Blaise Oregano is trying to set a world record by playing Fire Fighter as long as he can. He's been at it for 47 weeks, 5 days and 11 hours now. 'I took an hour off for lunch earlier,' he told this reporter. 'The game was still going when I got back. I might be playing for years. I hope our TV holds out.'"

He has his eye on Sneak'n'Peek as a follow-up triumph.

Adventure was one of the ones I enjoyed playing on level 3. Locking all the dead dragons in one of the castles with the bat and then after having retrived the secret dot and all the other items, I could spend the rest of the day 'adventuring'. :)

Also Haunted House. I would gather all three pieces of the urn and put it right by the 'exit' and then grab the scepter and run around not having to worry about the creatures.

Fun stuff!

I once played maze craze for about 3 hours non-stop, I bloody love mazes!

Maze Craze has an addictive quality to it....It would be interesting to see how long you could play without exiting the maze or being caught by that thing that is chasing you

Thats an interesting idea :o playing a game of escape the square chasing you without escaping the maze, I'll try it!

I once played maze craze for about 3 hours non-stop, I bloody love mazes!

Here's a video i did with me and my friend playing Maze Craze. I love this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHcXGVu26I

Huzzah!

I love game mode 8 because you can add false walls to confuse your opponent :lol: and you have to catch the 3 'robbers' or as I like to call them; 'coloured squares'

As a kid/early teen I literally spent nights on Solaris, with handdrawn map and all. And no pause function!

Solaris seems like something I could play for hours too but I need a manual for it or something because it's a bit of a mystery to me :|

Edited by JingleJoe

As a kid/early teen I literally spent nights on Solaris, with handdrawn map and all. And no pause function!

Together with others, I remember long half-afternoon turns of Mario Bros.

You can play Solaris for about 2 hours but not forever: the game gets harder as you go on and when you finally reach Solaris (or you're blown away by last alien formation just before it :x ) the game ends

Lets see Atari 2600 games that I could play for ever: 1) Yars Revenge, 2) Adventure, 3) Pitfall 4) Wizard of Wor, 5) Raiders of the lost Ark. I loved these games to death and could play them forever. One time I was playing Yars Revenge for like 5 hours straight then my dad came into the living room and yanked the plug out the wall and told me to get out of the house and go play some where else.

:ponder: :love: :roll:

Lets see Atari 2600 games that I could play for ever: 1) Yars Revenge, 2) Adventure, 3) Pitfall 4) Wizard of Wor, 5) Raiders of the lost Ark. I loved these games to death and could play them forever. One time I was playing Yars Revenge for like 5 hours straight then my dad came into the living room and yanked the plug out the wall and told me to get out of the house and go play some where else.

:ponder: :love: :roll:

Interesting you brought up Pitfall...everything about Pitfall is stellar except for the time limit....although...if not for the time limit...I might still be playing that game I started back in '82...then I never would have thrown a football a quarter mile or met my soul mate :cool:

Interesting you brought up Pitfall...everything about Pitfall is stellar except for the time limit....although...if not for the time limit...I might still be playing that game I started back in '82...then I never would have thrown a football a quarter mile or met my soul mate :cool:

Speaking of which, anyone hack it to remove timer, or to extend it. I never made it all the way around, but have been to all 256 rooms by going both directions and mapping it out.

I can roll Defender. The only games that I have played for longer than an hour due to time limits when I was a kid with the parents were asteroids and space invaders.

Yars' Revenge I can only seem to get to the 250k mark before dying.

Crackpots I could play for a long time, but it was always just shy of the hour mark.

I've played the first Vault Assault (NOT TE/the version that's now on AtariAge) until I shut off the machine, but I think that count was just over an hour also.

Wizard of Wor I could last a long time but eventually died. Same with Berzerk.

The only real atari games that I can play till my thumbs fall off are Vault Assault, Asteroids and Defender.