IGNORED

What is this mod?

CincYnoTi

Looks like three of the prongs are wired to the game reset and select switches. Too bad I don't have the control box that would have plugged into this. I assume it was so you could sit back from the TV and not have to get off the couch to select/reset.

Your microphone would have to have an awfully long cable to do that. Those curly cables pull back when stretched so you wouldn't be able to just set the microphone down on the couch next to you without it flying across the room.

Looks like three of the prongs are wired to the game reset and select switches. Too bad I don't have the control box that would have plugged into this. I assume it was so you could sit back from the TV and not have to get off the couch to select/reset.

Your microphone would have to have an awfully long cable to do that. Those curly cables pull back when stretched so you wouldn't be able to just set the microphone down on the couch next to you without it flying across the room.

It is a connector. They could have wired the other connector to any cable they wanted. It doesn't have to be curly and it could be 100 feet for all we know. I highly doubt there was a mic on the other end back in the day. It was probably a custom control box of some sort.

Edited by horseboy

LOL, I called it! (sort of) Do a search, another person just did a new mod like that and ended up using a db9 port so an Atari controller can be used. I also am working on a version that remapps all console switches and buttons using a Atari keypad/kids/Star raiders controller.

Lendorien's post

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/168893-selectreset-switch-controller-mod-instructions/page__fromsearch__1

My project

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167429-atari-2600-hardware-mod-for-remote-console-switches/page__fromsearch__1

This well be a easy box to make.Go to any truck stop and you can buy the cb mic card connector. For cable you can get that cheap also and build a box using a door bell switch. This is how a juke box works with the remote volume box.

I know since I got one on a rockola same type cable also. The cancel switch is a round door beel switch you have to remove the light bulb from the switch on a jukebox. So you could buy a rockola.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1206271668881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120627166888&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Heck I got spear with about 75 foot or more of cable you can have. I wonder if they hack there tv old style tv's you could use the volume knob on the remote to turn it up and down.