IGNORED

Digital Joysticks provide better control than Analog Joysticks

atariksi

Digital Joysticks vs. Analog Joysticks  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Digital Joystick or Analog

• I prefer Atari 2600 style Digital Joysticks
    • I prefer Analog Joysticks (Wico/A5200/Gravis PC/etc.)
    • I prefer arrow keys and CTRL key

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I think it's time for a thread lock.

Atariksi is bested big, and is just laying low, waiting for somebody to fuck up, or some out, or for the mess to be forgotten.

Hey Atariksi, care to discuss the BASIC programs posted, or are you just gonna pout, hide in a dress, and attempt to marginalize people for a while still?

• Like 5

can i have my new years wish early please....please lock this thread

I agree. I doubt any mods bother looking in here anymore though. Where have all the mods been lately anyway?

They've all been tied up trying to control a game with an analog stick. :P :D :D

• Like 3

can i have my new years wish early please....please lock this thread

I agree. I doubt any mods bother looking in here anymore though. Where have all the mods been lately anyway?

They've all been tied up trying to control a game with an analog stick. :P :D :D

:lol:

Well, if they'd only taken the time to read this thread, they'd have known better than to even try!!

Where have all the mods been lately anyway?

Due to traveling in vehicles with horribly unknowable analog control mechanisms, I fear they may have all died! :sad:

They messed up in understanding that infinite states of precision equals no states of precision. It's all in my formula, F(u)*k+ed!

An analog wheel AND analog pedals.....that's like double-screwed!

Maybe the mods are entertained? Who knows?

I vote tablet. Gonna miss the light pen deal. No more CRT's :(

How did the old Atari-8bit tablets work though ? Seriously :) I was eyeing a few on ebay, and couldn't find programming info, and was wondering if they're in fact just sending the XY position via the pot channels..

If a basketball player is shoots 60% from the free throw line, there's a probability of 6/10 that he will make his next shot from the line.

Yes, absolutely true.

However, if someone shoots 100%, he is guaranteed to make his next shot.

Completely false.

Due to traveling in vehicles with horribly unknowable analog control mechanisms, I fear they may have all died! :sad:

They messed up in understanding that infinite states of precision equals no states of precision. It's all in my formula, F(u)*k+ed!

An analog wheel AND analog pedals.....that's like double-screwed!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like they (he/she) put everyone who disagreed on ignore. You called it potatohead. They ran away and of course, true to form, did not have to admit being wrong in any way.

If they've done that then it must be a pretty pointless experience for them.

You haven't experienced gaming control unless you have played with a digital joystick. And you haven't experienced the inferiority of analog joysticks unless you have experienced both.

I don't have anyone on ignore.

• Like 1

He hasn't even said anything for a few days and you need the help of the moderators. Feeling insecure about your inferior analog joysticks. Oh, yeah those analog controls-- try it in the snowstorm when the feedback isn't what it should be and their true nature comes out. Uncertainty galore. Maybe he's letting you have some peace with your inferior controls during the holidays as you may be allergic to using digital joysticks with your "better looking" games.

• Like 1

I used to think that digital joysticks provided superior control to analog. but after reading everything that Datarivyaksi16 has written in this thread, I am now utterly convinced that analog sticks are far superior to digital in every conceivable way. He has done such an incredibly, rediculously poor job of making any sort of relevant, coherant, or fact based argument, that it has utterly convinced me that the opposite of what he says must be true. So yeah, I guess that pretty much settles it. Might as well go ahead and shut this thread down..

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 5