IGNORED

Intellivision Lockout?

SlowCoder

Been reading more about the IntV. Noticed that there is some sort of lockout to prevent Coleco and some other 3rd parties from playing? Which versions of the IntV is the lockout present on? Is the lockout removable?

It's only present in the Intellivision II. Removing it or changing it would be a nontrivial task, as I discuss here.

Other than the Intellivoice, what other expansions are available?

The only other major add-on I can think of is the Intellivision Computer Adaptor, which "upgrades" the Intellivision to the Entertainment Computer System. It adds 2K of RAM, an extra sound chip for three additional voices, a very simple version of BASIC, and the ability to add a computer keyboard (included with the module), extra hand controllers, or a Music Synthesizer keyboard. It also has cassette and printer ports, but no peripherals were released for these except for those designed for the Aquarius home computer system.

There is also the System Changer, which was an Atari 2600 clone packaged into a module for the Intellivision cartridge port. I believe it was compatible only with the Intellivision II; the original Intellivision required a factory upgrade.

Interested in the system changer. Are they a rarity? Guess I'll have to wait until I can get a IntV 2.

They're uncommon. You could probably find one for $30-$50 loose, although probably better in a package with an INTV 2. I think an auction (not mine) just ended today without bids for $89 with an INTV 2, System Changer and games.