IGNORED

Atari Lynx Howard Dev Kit Hardware on eBay

Wookie

• 2 weeks later...

It is that and so much more. You could add RAM up to 1MB for cartridge memory + a huge amount of trace memory which collected data on every bus access. The software let you inspect all of RAM, cartridge memory, and go back in time to see every instruction executed with register contents as well as graphics fetch and memory refresh cycles. It is pretty much overkill unless you have a real nasty bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually won this auction and it just arrived yesterday to my house. This thing is huge its bigger than my circa 1995 Packard bell desk top I first played Quake on =P

It came with no cables and before I start to toy around with it I want to ask a few of the pros her some questions.

Will a standard PC Power cord work for the unit?

Is there a proprietary cable to hook it up to the Amiga or if possible a pc using an Amiga emulator. I also just won an Amiga 2000 but it hasn't arrived yet.

Were can I obtain the Amiga development software?

Can a regular Lynx be moded to act as a Howdy or can the Howard be used with out a Howdy?

Can a regular Lynx be moded to act as a Howdy or can the Howard be used with out a Howdy?

Nope. The development one has additional pins/hardware for debugging.

The Howdy is NOT a Lynx. It is a case with display, speaker, buttons and long cables.

You could run the Howard board without it - but what would be the point.