IGNORED

Wanted: Neo Geo AES

The neo geo Aes system plays both games..SUre when you strike up Sam Show it says some japanese stuff...but that is the art of a neo geo arcade system..why take that away?

Its not like you are playing Final Fantasy III and need to reed anything....

The menus should always come up in english....

Never any problems there....

The Neo games 99% of the time have both regions/languages on the cart. It depends on the region of the system to determine whether a game will be in english or not. So if you have a jap system, all games will come up in japanese. If it's US, they'll all come up in SNK's variant of english.

Sorry to threadcrap, but I'd suggest that AES is really just for hardcore collectors with $$$. The only affordable AES games are the early titles, and most of those are cheap on the NGCD or MVS too. NGCD loads the early games pretty quickly and has a few decent CD exclusives. But, if you really want to play some Neo Geo get a consolized MVS or supergun. The MVS library is much larger than AES or NGCD and most games are affordable. A 1-slot MVS with a Vogatek supergun is only $100-$150 depending on how fancy you want to get. If you can assemble a PC, you can build a Vogatek supergun...

• Like 1

Sorry to threadcrap, but I'd suggest that AES is really just for hardcore collectors with $$$. The only affordable AES games are the early titles, and most of those are cheap on the NGCD or MVS too. NGCD loads the early games pretty quickly and has a few decent CD exclusives. But, if you really want to play some Neo Geo get a consolized MVS or supergun. The MVS library is much larger than AES or NGCD and most games are affordable. A 1-slot MVS with a Vogatek supergun is only $100-$150 depending on how fancy you want to get. If you can assemble a PC, you can build a Vogatek supergun...

i agree with CMVS. Saves you tons of money. AES games have bleed me dry, and getting English versions even more so.

back to the topic, hit up neo-geo.com/forums theres a few on there, one with a mod that I know of. If you find a US system, it'll play all japanese games in English, and same vice versa. But if you're like me, you want to be able to read the manual in english.

• Like 1