IGNORED

How "soft" is the Atari market.

SpaceDice2010

And why should I use the search function? I'm not starting a new thread. My comment fits with the topic of this one. You damn forum nazis better lighten up. I don't see the word 'moderator' or 'admin' anywhere near your name, so what business is it of yours to quote forum rules to me anyway?

It's really amusing when someone calls another person a Nazi and in the same sentence starts barking all kinds of orders about what people should or shouldn't do.

\

When did I give anyone an order? I just want to know by what authority you tell me to use the search function if you're not a mod or admin of this site.

Sorry Herr Gruppenführer, I'm too busy polishing your jackboots to explain the basics of English grammar to you. Atari Über Alles!

That has nothing to do with his comment LoL. Kinda random if you agree. You honestly seem full of yourself.

Being rude in public is also a no-no!

Edited by Fujifruit

That has nothing to do with his comment LoL. Kinda random if you agree. You honestly seem full of yourself.

Impossible. I just sh!t myself, so I'm quite empty.

F#ck, sorry. Oops, my bad. Spank my a$$ with a CIB E.T. and call me Susie.

Impossible. I just sh!t myself, so I'm quite empty.

F#ck, sorry. Oops, my bad. Spank my a$$ with a CIB E.T. and call me Susie.

"40 years old" Its honestly time to start acting like an adult. Those rude remarks are not the least bit funny.

Ah bit offtopic now feel free and delete these posts :3!

• Like 2

I was really more reacting to the baselessness of the generalization the "collectors of loose games must be broke" rather than just people who aren't so infatuated with complete boxed games.

IMO.

Some people, like myself, collect (rather than just play) because it becomes a passion and a challenge, maybe an obsession... infact I put it out there that most collectors collect for the challenge and the hunt - not for the money.

The rare things I have - I am proud of, and sometimes boastful I admit, for the fact that one really has to hunt high and low for them... not because they may be worth a lot.

Some people collect loose, especially in PAL land, purely because the things they collect very very rarely are found in box - but jump at the opportunity to get hold of a boxed item when possible - not necessarily because they can't afford to buy CIB

Collectors exist in any hobby, and to bare a grudge against them for pushing up prices is not to accept the facts of life... and ultimately a heavy cross to carry.

You should just be thankful that in this 'hobby' the price of commons has only gone from 50 cents to $5... which in my opinion is still a good price to pay for an entertaining game.

"40 years old" Its honestly time to start acting like an adult. Those rude remarks are not the least bit funny.

Does acting like an adult mean selling my 30 year-old Atari and other video games and stop hanging around in Atari forums? Getting a haircut? Wearing pants? Going corporate?

Ooh, you like it when he extends his neck, don't you, Susie? :lust: :lust:

Well, I would mention how E.T.'s glowing finger gives me proctological nightmares, but I'm not sure if discussing proctology is something that is expected of a "40 years old" or is childish. Being an adult is confusing. I lost the manual and the box.

I personally also collect cartridge only--but I am a collector. The reason being is that most of the manuals can be read online and I don't like having boxes because then you have to ensure that you don't eh, "give them too much love". I like just having the cartridges all lined up on a nice shelf ready to pull 'n play. :)

And yes we are of rather modest income means too. :(

Edited by Dittohead Servbot #24
  • Like 1

I gave up collecting nib, mib, loose, new, used, whatever; games years ago. I had three full rooms of every possible system and game ever made. Whatever..

Emulation seems to suit me so much better. I don't have to worry about rot and decay, and moving stuff is so un-godly simple! I believe than an emulated collection will last me a lifetime. I'm not sure the same can be said of a real collection though, what with all the preservation and space and maintenance requirements.

Maybe so, but nothing beats playing the real deal. Though I will admit those save states on emulators can be quite handy. I only wish it were possible to do save states on a real console...

Does acting like an adult mean selling my 30 year-old Atari and other video games and stop hanging around in Atari forums? Getting a haircut? Wearing pants? Going corporate?

Ooh, you like it when he extends his neck, don't you, Susie? :lust: :lust:

Well, I would mention how E.T.'s glowing finger gives me proctological nightmares, but I'm not sure if discussing proctology is something that is expected of a "40 years old" or is childish. Being an adult is confusing. I lost the manual and the box.

Whoever said adults can't have fun or post on forums? I sure didn't. "Getting a haircut" I don't even.... >________>" Edited by Fujifruit