IGNORED

130XE Factory Service Manual

Stephen

In another thread I've began scanning and posting the March 90 copy of the 130XE factory service manual. The quality is utter crap, but with some work it can be salvaged, and a nice text / HTML / OpenOffice copy can be made. Everything is there minus the three foldouts (component placement which I have to relabel by hand, the schematic, and the case details).

Does anyone have a recommended process for scanning manuals? I have the Superscript manual to do and before I waste a load of time I'd like to get some ideas on the best methods, scan quality /resolution, cropping, clean up, PDF assembly etc.

Tips anyone?

I'm ahead of you Stephen... I already cleaned up the pages you posted and will put it all in a PDF as soon as you hand off the remaining pages. ;)

Thanks!! I'll go ahead and get the three fold outs scanned and posted hopefully tonight. I don't think you will be able to clean up the component placement diagram though.

• 9 years later...
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Wow!  I did not :(  That's awful.  I will scan and post these later on today.  I've never turned in a homework assignment almost a decade late before.

Haha... no rush. Obviously I wasn't thinking about them all this time either. I just happened to start looking at the XE line for my hardware site and noticed this was half done.

At least we have a SAMS manual for the 130XE too. The XEGS, on the other hand, got left out in the cold when it comes to service.

We do have the 130XE Hardware Reference Manual from 1985 available. It has the parts list and schematics, but no info about using the test fixture. If these schematics are the same as what you were planning on scanning, I can just extract them and add to the pages you've already scanned, and save you the hassle.

130XE - Hardware Reference.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, MrFish said:

We do have the 130XE Hardware Reference Manual from 1985 available. It has the parts list and schematics, but no info about using the test fixture. If these schematics are the same as what you were planning on scanning, I can just extract them and add to the pages you've already scanned, and save you the hassle.

130XE - Hardware Reference.pdf 1.74 MB · 1 download

Looks like it.  I still can't find my manual :(

6 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Here are two I found, and then a scan of the schematics I have.

130XE SCHEM.PDF 286.33 kB · 6 downloads 130XE FSM.PDF 322.61 kB · 5 downloads

That'll do.

Interesting that it's from '85, but also includes the test fixture info. I noticed in the case of both yours and Stephen's manual -- where the test fixture info is present -- that someone has hand written "130XE FSM" above the date. With the one I posted -- where no test fixture info is present -- the hand written "130XE FSM" isn't there.

I'm not sure what's different between the 1985 version you posted and the 1990 version Stephen posted; I'll have to compare the text, for corrections/additions and such.

Either way, thanks; good to have the '85 version.