IGNORED

Cartrdge Disassembly

bombidragon

There is also a solid cartridge shell without a "back door," into which the board was inserted through the card edge opening. For those shells, the boards are held in place by a small plastic clip inside the shell, just above the fingers, and you can sometimes pinch the plastic snaps that hold it in place with a small screwdriver just enough to slide the board out. Just be careful that you don't actually break the snaps, and that you bend them back into place before you try to re-insert the board. I've got a broken Buzz Bombers cartridge like that (it came that way out of the box, actually): if you pull it out of the console, the shell slides right off and board stays in the slot!

for the version of the cart with 2 pieces and no screws, the cover is glued, so with a little pressure and care, you can remover that cover without any damage. fix your cart (I Recommend to use an Ink eraser to clean the contacts) and then apply a glue. I didnt use a strong one in case i need to reopen again.

The topic of cleaning carts has risen very often lately, I have as a proyect to do some videos of my techniques, but my crappy camera doesn´t record audio.