IGNORED

$99 ColecoVision Refurbish and Mod Special Offer

Yurkie

Edit: I have decided to end this offer and reinstate my $89 refurbishing and modding special offer. Any pending transactions will be honored.

There are 2 flaws with this offer.

1. I lose a lot on return shipping

2. Customer is paying for BIOS skip weather they want it or not.

Here is a link to my $89 refurbishing and modding offer.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161610-colecovision-system-tune-up-and-av-mod-89-special/page__fromsearch__1

Get your ColecoVision in top condition and get it back before Christmas!

You get complete refurbishing of your console plus A/V mod and plus a set of controllers refurbished and modded (ball knobs and straightened cords).

Plus free Intro BIOS skip

Console:

Power switch rebuilt

cartridge slot cleaned with DeoxIT

Solder points checked and reflowed if needed.

Single jack A/V composite mod with cord included

Socketed EPROM fire button BIOS skip (optional but included)

Controllers:

Housings and cords cleaned

completely refurbished and working like new

ball knobs (optional but included)

straightened cords (optional but included)

Most of the time refurbishing will get your console working. DRAM and controller chip replacement $20 per IC, Bad VDP or dead board add $40 for board replacement.

Plus return shipping via Parcel Post anywhere in the lower 48 states included. Canada extra $15 for shipping

Optional: for an additional $25 you can get the pause button mod.

There are links in my profile for these individual services if you want details.

Systems must be post marked by Tuesday November 30th to take advantage of this special offer

How much If I only want my BIOS changed to not have the CV bootup screen, and maybe the AV mod too?

What are the details on the AV mod? I would like yellow and white RCA jacks out the back (is a red one and stereo sound available?). Is that how it ends up? Your description says, "Single jack A/V composite mod with cord included" so it does not sound like separate RCA jacks.

How much If I only want my BIOS changed to not have the CV bootup screen, and maybe the AV mod too?

What are the details on the AV mod? I would like yellow and white RCA jacks out the back (is a red one and stereo sound available?). Is that how it ends up? Your description says, "Single jack A/V composite mod with cord included" so it does not sound like separate RCA jacks.

If you want just the BIOS it would be $25 and you would have to pay return shipping. I don't install female RCA jacks on the back of the CV. My mod is a single jack for both Audio and Video.

There are links to on my profile for all my mod threads.

Just watched your video and it all looks awesome. I am wondering if the pause switch can be placed on the controller. I mean if you straighten the cord for a longer controller range, then you might no be right next to the console to pause a game.

Just wondering...

Thanks for the compliment on the video.

There aren't enough wires available on the DB9 cable to pause both the console and the sound. Both the standard controller and the SAC use 7 wires, there are 2 unused wires on a SAC cable (occasionally I find a 9 conductor cable used on a standard controller) and these could be used to pause the console,however the sound would be a continuous drone. I consider the continuous drone unacceptable.

I am still trying to figure a way to accomplish both. If I find a way I will offer the mod for it.

can you or do you have plans to offer higher quality video mods? i would prefer an s-video or a component mod over a composite mod.

As someone who invested in a couple of component mod kits, I can say that it's pretty cool to have them. However, I'll be the first to point out that the composite mods are just as "quality." There are a few reasons why I might choose composite over component in my next round of mods:

1. The component mod doesn't change the output resolution of the ColecoVision so you're still limited to 240 lines of resolution.

2. Less cables. Less hassle.

3. Composite is more versatile: Almost every set today modern or old has composite (or can be adapted easily.)

4. I've heard *some* televisions are not able to display the lower resolution signal provided over component. I personally don't have this issue on any of my TVs: Samsung, Toshiba x2, Dell

Just some things to think about. :)

That said, I still think my component CV machine is right swell. myico1.png I also know that Yurkie has done component mods in the past using 5-11's kits (which are super awesome) so if you want to spend the moola, he'll probably do it! Heck, I'd do it if you bought the kit and sent me your CV... but I've seen Yurkie's work first hand so I know he'd be the best and the fastest for such a mod.

Edited by Madaracs

can you or do you have plans to offer higher quality video mods? i would prefer an s-video or a component mod over a composite mod.

No. I like the single jack composite mod and have no plans to offer any other video mods.

When this offer ends at the end of the month all future mods/refurbs will be a la carte at the following prices.

$49 A/V mod

$20 power switch refurbish

$10 cartridge slot cleaning with DeoxIT

$20 per controller for refurbishing (ball knobs and straightened cords optional but included)

$25 Socketed Intro skip BIOS

$35 Pause button Mod ( Only available if added along with the A/V mod )

Just curious...does the RF still function after this mod?

Yes the RF works, and the Composite video and sound works for the Atari Module.

Compatibility with the Atari module isn't as much of an issue, but still good to know.

I have a unit which would probably be a good candidate for a refurbish like this, but I believe the power supply may be shot as well. Can you do anyhting with these?

Compatibility with the Atari module isn't as much of an issue, but still good to know.

I have a unit which would probably be a good candidate for a refurbish like this, but I believe the power supply may be shot as well. Can you do anyhting with these?

I can test the power supply if you want to include it. If it is bad I will sell you a working replacement for $20. Send me an IM if your interested.

I can test the power supply if you want to include it. If it is bad I will sell you a working replacement for $20. Send me an IM if your interested.

that would be could, replacing the wall wart with a more modern power supply with a separate cord (like the xbox 360)

• 3 weeks later...