IGNORED

System or Cartidge Problem?

joence

I just got an Intellivision off eBay. All the Mattel Cartridges go to the startup screen but you can never get past it.

I've hit every button on both gamepads and nothing.

The strange thing is, the Imagic Demon attack works perfect.

I've taken the system apart and cleaned it thoroughly as well as the cartridges.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jamie

My first guess is the joystick/controllers.I dont think you need the keypad to start the Imagic games???

What I have found is ,if you take the controller apart,at the top where the wiring comes in,are little pins that mate to the "flex" card,and sometimes they are not making the connection,due to use aand age.If youbend them up a little that may be enough to reconnect.Also,look at the flex cards for burn marks,which would create a coonection issue.And finally,if none of that appears to be an issue,then I would suspect the wiring in the controller itself

Just a few thoughts to maybe help you out

My first guess is the joystick/controllers.I dont think you need the keypad to start the Imagic games???

What I have found is ,if you take the controller apart,at the top where the wiring comes in,are little pins that mate to the "flex" card,and sometimes they are not making the connection,due to use aand age.If youbend them up a little that may be enough to reconnect.Also,look at the flex cards for burn marks,which would create a coonection issue.And finally,if none of that appears to be an issue,then I would suspect the wiring in the controller itself

Just a few thoughts to maybe help you out

That's what I'm thinking... There were burn marks on the flex cards, I used an eraser to remove them. I'm also wondering if it's the wiring to the motherboard. You think It would be ok to solder the wiring from the controller straight to the board? I'll try bending those pins first though.