IGNORED

eBay buyers are out of control!

jacobus

Infocom collecting is nuts, even more so if you are looking for original 5 1/4 disks....

I have a fairly large atari 8bit only collection, but I'm still missing about half... But my personal limit is $50 on an individual piece so I'll never be complete.

Sealed or not, that's a CRAZY amount to pay! :o

"Sealed". LMAO!

Might not be an originally shrink-wrapped example.

Disk(s) may not work due to many factors relating to degradation, storage, handling, X-Ray subjection, humidity and God knows what else.

If this auction is for real, what a goofball. Some people and their children!

Going by this math and example, guess I might just be a "millionaire" then as so many of you probably are! We just don't know it yet :rolling:

...and Muis Tasher - $500 in coupons - LOL!

Edited by save2600

"This game also comes with the acid-free bag that I have stored it in all these years".

...yeah right. Acid free, huh? So the shrinkwrap wouldn't fade or turn color? Too bad the seller isn't acid free

:rolling:

"Acid free bag" is a comic book storage thing, so it's not necessarily complete BS.

"Acid free bag" is a comic book storage thing, so it's not necessarily complete BS.

No, I get that... just wondering why you'd need an acid-free bag to protect shrinkwrap. Shrinkwrap is not paper or a photograph, last I checked. Unless the guy either meant UV protected so the shrink wouldn't turn yellow after all those years.

But yeah, I highly doubt someone would be so anal and have the foresight to protect something such as this with an acid-free bag OR UV protected anything. Just seems like the guy is trying to pad his sale. Someone should ask him for a pic of the acid-free bag it was "kept in" all these years.

Which, come to think of it - was there an acid-free awareness that long ago? Early 80's? Seems to me that phrase and general awareness or at least the practice of using it took off much later...

In any event, for that price - the damn Apple ][ game should come with some acid. And at least the acid-free bag it was supposedly kept in all these years. :lol:

Edited by save2600