IGNORED

Feeler...Colecovision Super Sketch Pad, anyone interested?

Antneed

I have a ColecoVision Super Sketch pad, an EXTREMELY RARE item!

I have had it for years, and recently looking to maybe get rid of a few of my items.....

I know these are super rare, just wondering what the market for something like this is..

I'm not looking to get rich, but if there is a serious CV collector, and the price is right I may consider selling it.

Last time I checked it, it functioned properly.

Anyone know what these are going for?

I have the original inside/insert box, but not the outside/packing box.

Anyone interested?

Check out the pics.

Any questions: antneed@hotmail.com

post-3230-128923708883_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923709478_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923710181_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923710856_thumb.jpg

post-3230-12892371143_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923713395_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923721192_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923724247_thumb.jpg

post-3230-128923725206_thumb.jpg

Edited by Antneed

More Information on the Super Sketch:

http://www.colecovisionzone.com/page/game/personal_peripherals/super_sketch.html

and from the CV FAQ: http://www.overclocked.org/emucolecofaq.htm

"Super Sketch Pad -

Came in a box with a black background and a horizontal rainbow across

the top, marked "Super Sketch". In addition to the ColecoVision

version, there were Commodore 64, Atari 8-bit, & TI 99/4A models.

The ColecoVision version has a silver sticker on the top right corner

that says Model G2500 For Use with Colecovision. The Sketch Unit

itself is white with a brown plastic piece used for the drawing. One

of the strangest things about it is that it does not plug into the

joystick port. The cable is attached directly to the right side of

the cartridge. The cartridge label is mostly silver with Super

Sketch with the horizontal rainbow with it.

The sketch unit it has 5 controls. Two "Lift" buttons, one on each

side, allow drawing to be turned off. "Select" allows selection of

colors and menu items on the left side of the screen; "Menu" brings

the menu up and/or removes it.

The program itself say Super Sketch while fluctuating through different

colors upon power-up. Just below that it says:

Copyright 1984 Personal Peripherals, Inc.

Irving,Texas

By: Steve Roubik

Press MENU to proceed.

The program really is nothing more than a doodle program. Menu

options are:

Clear

Swap

Expert

Brush

(The 16 Colors)

Eraser

Draw

Fill

Show

It comes with a large white envelope that says Super Sketch starter

kit. Inside is the owners manual, quick reference card, 6 drawings

to trace with, and a warranty card. - 42 "

Well if you don't have the box I am not sure what it is worth because I have never seen it sold without the box. I know someone put one on ebay this year with a pretty good box minimum wear and it sold "buy now" for like $350 in a matter of hours.

I bought mine on Atari2600 which had a pretty worn and taped up box and it cost $280 but since you never see these things I didn't want to take a chance at missing it and bought it right away.

So since my box was in bad shape I would assume it must be worth less than $280. However, if you want to make the most you would put it on EBAY because people could fight over it and pay more than what they should pay. You could always put a reserve to make sure you got what you wanted for it.

Make sure you take a good close up picture of the CART for ebay since you don't have the box. Without the box the CART is the only thing that proves this version is for Colecovision. The other versions sell for next to nothing.

I would say if you are a collector like me and you want everything then it is definitely a must have item, otherwise it really is only cool for kids as all you are really doing is drawing pictures on the screen which you have no way to save or print.

It would be a bummer having this super rare hardware item without the box. Do you have the box?

I agree with ColecoDan, Ebay it.

Either that or we could hold an auction in this thread IF THAT IS ALLOWED by AtariAge. You might not get as much exposure as eBay, but you will be dealing with the more serious collectors of ColecoVision items and then you won't have to pay the eBay fee.

As this is a pretty rare item and they only pop-up for sale once or twice a year you should be able to get a nice chunk of change for it, but unfortunately without the original box you will not be able to max out.

You have some info. as to others that have been sold with original box, but in the end it all boils down to what someone is willing to pay for it! I know I'm interested. :roll:

Don't hold me to these prices since it has been 8-10 years ago when I purchased... but I bought a boxed 'complete' for around $125 (again 8-10 years ago) off EBAY and spent around $50-60 for and un-boxed one around the same time.... hope this helps...

jeff

Dave's alive! Welcome back, Dave! :)

Getting on topic-- I have one in the box for the C-64. Never bothered opening it-- but assumed it was a joystick port item-- I now know different thanks to this thread! I figured it'd work fine with the Multicart. Oh well, that's what I get for not researching!

It would be a bummer having this super rare hardware item without the box. Do you have the box?

I agree with ColecoDan, Ebay it.

I'll have to disagree. You should give it to me out of the goodness of your heart. :lust:

;)

I so dislike eBay right now. Can't say as though I have ever heard of this but it's really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Well,

I am very interested in the cartridge and the sketch pad unit itself.

(I would not care for any packaging or the manual etc.)

I don't see any offers yet in this thread either.

I would like to officially offer $100 for this.

I will check the thread for updates.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears to be for sale now...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805973351171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280597335117&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'll be surprised if anyone bids with such a high starting price.

The dilemna is that there is no box! It's amazing to see the difference that an item (even a very rare item like the Super Sketch) will sell for when it is loose compared to when the original box is included.

Just look at all the loose CV systems, they generally sell for about $40-$60 after you minus out all the extras that are included in the sale. Over the last couple months there have been a good number of boxed CVs that have sold for over $200 even though that trend seems to be slowing and the price has been settling in around $150 or less now. If the CV is brand new in a never opened box, then that is a whole other story and the gloves seem to definitely come off!

I agree, Yurkie. I think the starting price is a little high, but then again possession is 10/10ths of the auction starting price set by the owner and if no one bites then Antneed will have to consider relisting at a lower starting price.

It would be nice to finally get one of these after never buying one back in the 80's. :D

Edited by NIAD