IGNORED

Burgertime Bug Screen Freeze

ColecoDan

I was just wondering if the below quote from the high scorers club would help any of the developers out there figure out the Burgertime bug in order to make this version perfect.

I had read things before that no one really knew the pattern and therefore it would be hard to figure out in the code what was wrong but maybe this description helps.

481,050 - from the shot here right before the 'killing screen'. it's able to be avoided for the most part, but you can slip up with the speed :) . from experience it almost always happens when dropping at least one enemy from the lowest level, more often when its the final drop of a board.

gavv

I was just wondering if the below quote from the high scorers club would help any of the developers out there figure out the Burgertime bug in order to make this version perfect.

I had read things before that no one really knew the pattern and therefore it would be hard to figure out in the code what was wrong but maybe this description helps.

481,050 - from the shot here right before the 'killing screen'. it's able to be avoided for the most part, but you can slip up with the speed :) . from experience it almost always happens when dropping at least one enemy from the lowest level, more often when its the final drop of a board.

gavv

I don't know if it's a combination of items (already dropped ingredients plus current ingredients & enemies being dropped) when the drop hits the base. From observing the glitch at least a couple dozen times while playing, it never happened to me while dropping the ingredient with no enemies, and it never happened when it wasn't a drop starting from the bottom row.

It does not appear to be a combination of board/peppers/men accumulating being involved, although it doesn't seem to occur at < 150K or so (ie no levels before 5 enemies/screen), but by being careful how I do my final ingredient clearing of each board, the glitch is avoidable. it's how i got my 1m+ scores. I can't remember if Tom D did my TG verification or not (might have been troy, I can't remember now), but if he did do my later ones, he might still have the videos (I do not). like in the hsc thread, my games usually die when I get fatigued and don't pay enough attention in clearing the final rows when the enemies speed bring them too close and I can't help but drop them.

gavv

Edited by gavvv