IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

This is just a (completely unnecessary) testimonial for Yurkie's already legendary work. He modded and refurbished my console and 2 controllers. Everything looks great and works great. If you're like me and think that the CV controller is just about the worst controller ever, GET THE BALL KNOBS because it really does help. I highly recommend his services and the turnaround time exceeded expectations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added 2 clear LEDs as an option for those that like indicator lights. Both LED are clear and light up blue. The power LED comes on when power switch is turned on and the Pause LED blinks when pause button is on.

Great job Yurkie! The LEDs look awesome, and the pause mod is spot on. The power mod works great. I hope to try it with a roller controller when I get one in a few days. The controller mods look great, and more importantly it seems to enhance my gameplay. It feels like a new colecovision . Thanks for your attention to detail and professionalism !

Hi, Everyone! :-)

Nice to know I'm not the only one who still has fond memories of the Coleco and misses the heck out of being able to play it. <melancholy sigh>

BTW - Yurkie? I sent you a PM about all this a few moments ago, as I couldn't tell if you still had any items "in stock", or would require folks to send you their original hardware for repair / modification. If you could drop me a line in the next few days when your schedule permits, that would be awesome. ^.^

Much obliged,

GB

My YurkieVision is in transit to Yurkie for the Power Supply and Power/Pause Light Mods. If you are on the fence as to using Yurkie's services, do yourself a favor and get off it already. Simply put... TOP NOTCH.

The led lights are super bright and the pause mod works perfectly every time. I can't say enough about the difference between my console before and after it was modded. Its better than new!

• 2 weeks later...

Power Mod:

This mod eliminates the unreliable original power supply. 12V regulated power supply with barrel plug inserted into barrel jack on the back of the system. 5V and -5V are supplied by internal mods. 5V is supplied to original power plug so that Roller Controller can be used. Parts are expensive for this mod $55 + return shipping when combined with console refurbish and A/V mod for $69, system refurbish and a/v mod for $99, or system refurbish and A/V mod + BIOS and Pause for $139. Also $55 + return shipping for customers that have had their systems modded by me previously and want to add this mod. $69 + return shipping for power mod by itself

All my mods are shown in this

I made, with the exception of the Intro Skip BIOS.

Oops, was supposed to be a PM, lol

Edited by Crazy Climber

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a CV "Yurkievision" with the "works". I decided to go "all in" after reading good comments from the AA community on Yurkie's modded CVs; and needing a good CV with an A/V mod to play on my flat screen TV.

They were right. Yurkie's mods improved my gameplay experience. It was an easy setup, to my Brother's flat screen, with Yurkie's power and A/V mods. The LED lights for pause and power help and look cool. The controls' joystick ball mods felt pretty good while playing a two player Galaxian game. The pause mod is awesome. I think the CV "Yurkievision" is a good option; and I am enjoying mine. :)

I was kind of hesitant at first.. Yurkie was quick to respond to my questions I had before purchase.

Edited by Twin_power