IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

• 1 month later...

Hi Yurkie, reading about your services as a lurker has encouraged me to join this community (first post here). I am from the mindset that you are doing a lot more than helping folks play some old games but instead doing something deeper. You are offering a historic preservation of these wonderful machines.

Trying to practice proper netiquette, I would like your permission to PM you as I had some questions. Please let me know, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yurkie my man!

Been a long time brother, I hope you and your family are doing well.

I see you had been tinkering in the workshop, and found a video mod which allows us to play Colecovision games while enjoying a resolution and color palate I imagine the designers never knew was possible. Bravo.

Looks like I will soon be sending you my YurkieVision for a much need surgery! Plus this was the final justification I need to invest in a FrameMiester XRGB, I have been eyeing them for over three years, along with scan line generators.

No need to allow my YurkieVision to enjoy all the fun, will also send in my NES which I have owned since 1988. This particular NES and I have a special bond, she deserves a make-over as well.

Again, glad to see you are still pushing the envelope with mods to provide a better experience for us Old School Gamers and providing your unique talents and experience by restoring old systems back to like new. God bless you brother. I will get in touch with you soon.

About three years ago I was fortunate enough to stumble across this particular thread and procure my very own YurkieVision. I purchased an existing Colecovision that Todd had in his inventory, ten paid for him to transform said Colecovision into a YurkieVision! They say pictures speak a thousand words, well lets listen to those thousand plus words shall we...?

post-32625-0-18350000-1428843673_thumb.jpg

post-32625-0-54052200-1428843717_thumb.jpg

post-32625-0-03364700-1428843776_thumb.jpg

post-32625-0-39654300-1428843856_thumb.jpg

post-32625-0-58603000-1428844127_thumb.jpg

post-32625-0-76275300-1428844322_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although I have left him positive feedback in the marketplace feedback area, I would like to offer the longer version here:

Yurkie was able to bring my non-working ColecoVision back to fully operational condition again. As many have said before me, the system works better than when it was new. If anyone every thought they needed a power switch mod, then they need to see a properly serviced system from Yurkie. With proper use, I could see this switch lasting the rest of my life and continue working when I pass this treasure on to one of my heirs. I only had the basic composite AV mod, but it looks so much better without the RF interference and the colors and graphics are so solid now. Also, playing with the ball knob controllers, is such a delight. You wonder why Coleco did not include these back in 1982.

Please note, each system he obtains has its own unique issues and the final result is a true one of a kind product. This is not something mass produced in some far off Pacific Rim sweatshop which is then quickly expressed out of some Amazon fulfillment center. Yurkie is a gifted individual who does have a life outside of providing this wonderful service. Be patient and please permit him time to work his magic.

After experiencing my new system firsthand, I now understand why some people like to say they are part of the YurkieVision brotherhood. A select community lucky enough to be blessed by his time and services, thank you Yurkie!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Colecovision back today! Words cannot describe how fantastic Yurkie's work is! I am soooooooo happy!

Before I sent my system to Yurkie, I thoroughly cleaned all my game carts, and it was still taking several tries, sometimes as much as 5 to get a game cartridge to load up properly without a garbled screen or solid color. Now everything works first try!

And the ball joysticks and the straightened controllers are fantastic! They make a huge difference!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sent PM for getting the full treatment for my Colecovision - RGB, composite, refurb, controllers with ball knobs, BIOS and Pause w/ 2 LEDs.

I'd be interested in the power mod if available. My power supply is original, circa, mid-80's when the unit was first introduced. Are you offering

the controller IC mods?

I didn't see details on where to ship; how to pay; and so forth.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...