IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

• 1 month later...

AtariAge Community,

I'm writing to report that Atari Age member "Yurkie", has been deceptively marketing his ColecoVision modification services on this site's Marketplace, asking customers to mail him their gaming units, asking for payment for services, and not performing the services that he's received payment for. I've already won a PayPal claim dispute against Mr.Scheele for payment of $287.75 to have a ColecoVision unit modified as a Christmas gift.
Mr.Scheele aka Yurkie, Has Not Returned My ColecoVision Unit
Mr. Scheele has yet to return my personal property/ColecoVision unit which was mailed to him back in September 2017. He claims that he mailed my package, but even the USPS tracking system indicates that the tracking #9405809699937070158496 was never received at the post office. See: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405809699937070158496
All attempts to contact him to return my property have also failed. I can only assume that he will try to resell my property on this site or eBay as this may be his process.
Communication History with Yurkie Gallery
I have a complete history of communication with Mr.Scheele in which he continually missed completion timeframes and presented excuse after excuse for his delays that he originally stated would take 2 weeks to complete back in September on 2017. I've created an image gallery with my entire text messaging communication history with Mr.Scheele as proof of his lack of engagement, accountability, and responsibility and his continued use of excuses to justify his delays as a so-called professional. All images are named in chronological date order. View the image gallery: http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/2065-text-message-history-with-yurkie-mrtodd-scheele/
Complaint Filed with PayPal
I filed a complaint against Mr.Scheele with PayPal's Resolution Center, which I was awarded a complete reversal of funds paid to him for services not performed. He had several opportunities to resolve the situation prior to, during and after my PayPal complaint.
No Resolution Offered by Mr.Scheele aka Yurkie

So now I'm left with…

1. PayPal Resolution Center has ruled in my favor for $287.75 in my complaint against Mr.Scheele. So I will at least receive a reverse charge to my bank account from his PayPal or bank account.
  2. My personal property - the ColecoVision unit which I mailed to Mr.Scheele – is nowhere to be found.
  3. I have to repurchase a ColecoVision unit because of Mr.Scheele incompetence and lack of follow through
  4. Mr. Scheele has made no effort to compensate me for the loss of my property that was in his possession.
  5. Mr. Scheele hasn't even taken responsibility for his lack of professionalism and continued missteps in this entire process.
  6. It doesn't seem that this will be resolved unless Mr.Scheele provides me with a working replacement ColecoVision unit that is of the same condition as the one I mailed him back in September.
It's disappointing that a community site such as AtariAge would allow a member to deceptively market his services. This not only places AtariAge at risk but also other legitimate moders on AtariAge, as well as consumers and fans of retro gaming consoles looking to have their systems moded. Who knows how many other consumers who found and hired Mr. Sheele through this site have been robbed by this individual.
Mr.Scheele has 2 pages on this site that I'm aware of, that he lists pricing for modification services. Don't bother engaging with this individual as he has only presented himself to be unprofessional and deceptive in his intent to service fans of retro gaming.
I hope that AtariAge would take action against this member so that no one else should have to be misled and robbed by Mr.Scheele.
Regard,
Daniel Chaparro
dchaparro@mac.com
Edited by danielchaparro

AtariAge Community,

I'm writing to report that Atari Age member "Yurkie", has been deceptively marketing his ColecoVision modification services on this site's Marketplace, asking customers to mail him their gaming units, asking for payment for services, and not performing the services that he's received payment for.

Over the last few years, Yurkie has modified my Atari 2600, Atari 7800 controllers, ColecoVision (twice: once for composite and later for RGB), NES and Dreamcast. Perhaps there was some misunderstanding between the two of you, but there's certainly nothing deceptive about his incredible and professional work. Hope it all gets sorted soon!

Edited by glazball

Over the last few years, Yurkie has modified my Atari 2600, Atari 7800 controllers, ColecoVision (twice1), NES and Dreamcast. Perhaps there was some misunderstanding between the two of you, but there's certainly nothing deceptive about his incredible and professional work. Hope it all gets sorted soon!

Glazball,

Yurkie had several opportunities to respond and remedy the situation during the past 3 months. I communicated with him repeatedly asking for a status update on the modification job that he quoted as taking about 2 weeks to complete. All of my communication with Yurkie consisted of weeks of no communication from him, excuse after excuse of delays - either he was traveling, there was sickness in the family, or something else, etc… for 3 months! Never once did Yurkie exhibit his professionalism by keeping his customer informed as to the status of the order or even as he has described above - supposedly leaving a package on the counter at the United States Post Office? He never bothered to ensure that the package was properly received by the US Post Office? Even the USPS tracking number that he provided, 9405809699937070158496, shows that it never was received at the post office. See: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405809699937070158496

I've created a gallery album with my entire text messaging communication history with Mr.Scheele as proof of his lack of engagement, accountability, and responsibility and his continued use of excuses to justify his delays as a so-called professional. All images are named in chronological date order.

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/2065-text-message-history-with-yurkie-mrtodd-scheele/

So now I'm left with…

1. PayPal Resolution Center has ruled in my favor for $287.75 in my complaint against Mr.Scheele. So I will at least receive a reverse charge to my bank account from his PayPal or bank account.
  2. My personal property - the ColecoVision unit which I mailed to Mr.Scheele – is nowhere to be found.
  3. I have to repurchase a ColecoVision unit because of Mr.Scheele incompetence and lack of follow through
  4. Mr. Scheele has made no effort to compensate me for the loss of my property that was in his possession.
  5. Mr. Scheele hasn't even taken responsibility for his lack of professionalism and continued missteps in this entire process.
  6. It doesn't seem that this will be resolved, unless Mr.Scheele provides me with a working replacement ColecoVision unit that is of the same condition as the one I mailed him back in September.

===

Let's recap Yurkie's professionalism

Starting on 9/21 when my ColecoVision unit was delivered to Mr.Scheele's address

• Never followed through on his original timeline of 2 weeks to complete an order which should have been done by Oct 8-14, 2017.
  • Never initiated any communication with the customer on expected delays. I was always the one to initiate all communication via email, AtariAge message or text messages
  • Received PayPal payment of $287.75 on Oct 8, 2017
  • Sent text message on 10/16 asking for the status of my order only to receive a reply of "I'm out of town…"
  • Sent text message on 10/28 asking for the status of my order only to receive a reply of "…family medical issues…"
  • Sent text message on 11/09 asking for the status of my order only to receive a reply of "…dropped off at post office…" which we now know that not to be true as you can see by using the tracking USPS information #9405809699937070158496. See: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405809699937070158496
  • On Mon, 11/13 used PayPal Resolution Center to communicate with Yurkie about my dissatisfaction with repeated delays by Mr.Scheele in receiving my supposed modified ColecoVision unit back. My Yurkie sends me a snarky response "Wow filled a case with PayPal after I sent you tracking…thanks a million!!" Now, mind you this is 52 days after he received my ColecoVision unit when he originally stated it would take 2 weeks.
  • On Mon, 11/20 I escalate my case as a filed complaint against Yurkie.
  • Yurkie's only response is that he provided a USPS tracking number. No additional information.
  • On 12/2 I receive notice from PayPal Resolution center that my case has been awarded in my favor a reverse charge will be made back to my bank account from Yurkie's account.
  • Sent text message today, 12/05, asking Mr.Scheele to return my personal property/Colecovision unit which I don't believe he actually did any work on. His response is simply "I dropped it off, it must not have got scanned into the system. Sorry there is nothing I can do."

This is professionalism at its best.

Edited by danielchaparro

I dropped the system off at the post office. I usually wait in line to have the package scanned into the system, but on occasion when there is a long line I leave package on the counter. Sorry this happened.

Yurkie,

You seem to be full of excuses and never seem to take responsibility or accountability for any of your actions. Our text message history clearly demonstrates this.

See: http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/2065-text-message-history-with-yurkie-mrtodd-scheele/

From excuses about traveling, and family illness, and more, you continue to provide excuse after excuse. You even miss your own deadlines that you specified yourself - such as "I'll mail it out on Friday 10/20…", only to be told of family medical issues 2 weeks later AFTER I reached out to you again asking for a status update.

And now, you claim to supposedly dropped off A package at the US Post Office that their own tracking system clearly states was never received. See: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405809699937070158496

So now my only option is to purchase a replacement unit because you failed to properly deliver my return package to the US Post Office and now its nowhere to be found.

Do the right thing and replace my ColecoVision unit with a working unit in the same condition as the one I mailed you back on September 18, 2017 and you received on the 21st. See: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405803699300505691673

Edited by danielchaparro

This is professionalism at its best.

I said his work is professional, I never said anything about his customer service. imho, he is just one guy and not a business; don't expect perfect, corporate communication because scanning through your texts, he's answered so many of those questions already over the years and just doesn't have the time. Looks like Yurkie dropped the ball on your project and I'm sorry to hear, but he will make it right. I.... will be stepping out of this now. :)

I said his work is professional, I never said anything about his customer service. imho, he is just one guy and not a business; don't expect perfect, corporate communication because scanning through your texts, he's answered so many of those questions already over the years and just doesn't have the time. Looks like Yurkie dropped the ball on your project and I'm sorry to hear, but he will make it right. I.... will be stepping out of this now. :)

If Yurkie is not a business, then he shouldn't be offering services for compensation in the marketplace. That's the whole concept of a business and a marketplace - payment for services rendered. Don't back someone without knowing the facts, which I've readily provided.

Additionally, Yurkie's past answering others questions has nothing to do with my continual efforts over a 3 month period asking him for a status update on a mod job that he stated would take 2 weeks. And I wasn't asking for "perfect, corporate communication" as you put it - just ANY communication, which he continually failed to provide. Me asking someone for an ETA on a task that he/she has been tasked or paid for with timelines they've defined is basic communication 101 - set the expectations, follow through on your statements and commitments and move on to the next task or path in life. This work or life ethic can be applied to anything - business or life-related.

Thanks for stepping in and for stepping out.

I saw your facts and I agree you are in the right. Yurkie f-ed up and I can't defend the poor communication. I was only responding because of your claim that he plans to steal your item and resell it. Having dealt with him before, as many of us here have, I know that to be untrue and just wanted to say so.

In any case, let us know how it gets resolved.

I ordered a coleco vision AV kit from him. After severals promises of shipment and nothing, I filed a paypal claim.

He could have refunded the money when i started the claim, but i had to wait for paypal to make a decision which they did on my behalf.

He claimed he was dealing with some issues which I totally understand.

But no one should be offering services if they cannot deliver on time.

I see he has good feedback, Maybe he should take care of whatever personal issues he is dealing with before offering services.

As a modder/Business owner, I would advise him to:

1) Return merchandise/money

2)Update the customer. Some people are patient enough and would understand that you are going through some rough time.

• Like 1

I don't want to dog pile on Yurkie, but I have to say that my experience with him was not great as well. After numerous emails to set up my Colecvision mod, I sent it to him and it took 3 months to get it back. During those 3 months I had sent numerous emails asking for status and most would go unanswered, when he did answer it was always "about 2 weeks". This wen't on for 3 full months. His work is great, the system runs fantastic, but the lack of communication and the wait is really bad. As others have mentioned, if Yurkie would just respond to emails or just tell people "hey, i have a lot going on it is going to be a while" it would be different. In the end I was happy with the work he did, but if I ever need to have another system mod, I would look for other alternatives and ask Yurkie as a last resort since communicaiton is really bad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I actually ordered a modded NES from Yurkie back in early August. It took a while to get, which I honestly didn't care about, but I finally received it at the end of September. Hooked it up, plugged it in, and found that it wasn't powering on. I contacted him asking if there was anything I could do or anything I could check, and he simply said "it was working when I shipped it". I remained calmed and explained "look, it's not working, could you help me troubleshoot it or would you prefer me to return the NES to you, as it likely was damaged during shipping". Weeks went on and he finally asked if I could send it back to him, including the AC adapter and SCART cable I was using. Again, weeks went by and I would check in with him at the end of the month, keep in mind i've been totally cool this whole time, asking him if he needs more time, what did he find wrong, etc. The last response I have from him was that he's really busy and he'll take a look at it, which was on december 5th. After seeing all these responses, i'm really concerned. I feel bad for the guy because he obviously has some issues going on, but at the same time i've sent someone on the internet nearly 300 dollars, plus he has my original OEM AC adapter and SCART cable. I have until Feb 15th to fill against him, but I really don't want to unless absolutely necessary.

I actually ordered a modded NES from Yurkie back in early August. It took a while to get, which I honestly didn't care about, but I finally received it at the end of September. Hooked it up, plugged it in, and found that it wasn't powering on. I contacted him asking if there was anything I could do or anything I could check, and he simply said "it was working when I shipped it". I remained calmed and explained "look, it's not working, could you help me troubleshoot it or would you prefer me to return the NES to you, as it likely was damaged during shipping". Weeks went on and he finally asked if I could send it back to him, including the AC adapter and SCART cable I was using. Again, weeks went by and I would check in with him at the end of the month, keep in mind i've been totally cool this whole time, asking him if he needs more time, what did he find wrong, etc. The last response I have from him was that he's really busy and he'll take a look at it, which was on december 5th. After seeing all these responses, i'm really concerned. I feel bad for the guy because he obviously has some issues going on, but at the same time i've sent someone on the internet nearly 300 dollars, plus he has my original OEM AC adapter and SCART cable. I have until Feb 15th to fill against him, but I really don't want to unless absolutely necessary.

Not sure what your apprehension is. You’ve given him more than enough time. Unfortunately you may never get your PSU, and SCART cable back, but I wouldn’t wait much longer on that claim if I were you.

Not sure what your apprehension is. You’ve given him more than enough time. Unfortunately you may never get your PSU, and SCART cable back, but I wouldn’t wait much longer on that claim if I were you.

What a same. I was gonna order from him, since I will be getting a PVM soon...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Huh… this is all very interesting to me. The first ColecoVision system that I ordered from Yurkie in April of 2015 which was one of his pre-built systems never showed up. Similar story to everything that was posted above. Due to his positive reputation at that time, I chalked it up to post office error and took partial responsibility myself because I was out of town for a few months (I travel for my business quite a bit) and wasn’t able to follow up with Yurkie until after I got back into town that July.

Needless to say that system never turned up, Yurkie had no tracking number for the system even though he claimed it was shipped USPS Priority Mail, he told me he lost the receipt for his transaction at the post office, my local post office could do nothing for me and I was out the money.

After some back and forth, Yurkie agreed to have me ship one of my extra systems to him that he would mod as a replacement for the one that was lost. I shipped him one of my systems October of 2015. As of May 2016, still no system and Yurkie told me at this point that the motherboard in the system I sent was dead (It wasn’t when I shipped it to him 7 months prior) but he agreed to send me two refurbished controllers which I received at the end of May. I never received a modded system from him nor did he return my "bad motherboard" system.

Even with everything that had happened, I still gave Yurkie the benefit of the doubt because of his good reputation and eventually ordered another system from him in November 2016. That third system also took quite a bit of time to turn up, but it finally did show up at the end of January 2017 even though he messaged me on Dec 9th telling me it had shipped. Turns out it didn't ship until a month later.

The end result after all of this was a decent product well worth the initial money I had spent for the first system, but I have to agree with what others have said that customer service leaves a LOT to be desired which is actually an understatement. Reading all of these recent posts I now question if Yurkie’s story about the original system being lost in the mail was even true and I wonder why nothing has been said before, but I wonder if others were like me and just chalked it up to a bad one-off experience?

It took me three tries, 21 months, and a little over $600 to finally get a ColecoVision system from him. If I was the only person this had happened to, I would chalk it up to bad luck with my interactions, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. As I said at the start of my post, this is all very interesting to me.

Well, I just hate to file a claim against the guy right after the holiday, and not to get personal but the reasons for the delays are pretty serious (family issues). I actually already own an RGB modded NES by Yurkie, which was purhcased on Ebay from a secondhand seller, and I can confirm his work is excellent; I've opened it and the wiring is immaculate. I really wasn't concerned until I stumbled on this thread and saw lots of other people having issues with him.

I am going to clone what I said in response to a posting in the Bad Trader forum regarding Yurkie:

Wow, that's crazy. I figured in time the Yurkie bubble was going to explode and I'll tell you why. I live in NJ and he is in Ohio. Not far at all. I have had a few CV systems modded from him as well as controllers and every single time it took weeks (or months in some cases) to get the stuff back. What was worse is PMing me and telling me to pay because the work is done....and then after receiving payment not creating a shipping label for a week....and then not actually dropping it off to USPS for another two. I bit my lip on it, but I can say I was not happy about that one bit. No reason after payment these items couldn't have been shipped to me in the 1-2 business day range. Why do I expect that? Well, because that is what I provide to people I am sending things to myself. If for some reason I cannot, I immediately PM or email them and let them know there is a delay. I have a full time job, two kids, and loads of crap on my plate every second of my life. But I still have the five minutes to go drop something off at the post office (usually on my way racing to work).

Anyway, I have no place to complain now as I didn't complain then... but I just wanted to add my input on Yurkie. That said, I will say that he does incredibly great work and in the end it always did (at least for me) come through even with the slow communication and extremely slow shipping. I don't know what he has going on with his life and I do not believe he is intentionally trying to screw people, but if you are providing a service and charging for that service you should be prompt and efficient at doing so.

All of that said, I went through the same "label created" business and waiting for it to start tracking on each of my orders with him. What I think is happening here is that the label is (Obviously) being paid for and getting created, but he is just being very slow about dropping it off. Daniel, I see that the tracking number was created on 11/10 and you stated that you had filed your paypal claim on 11/13.

Not defending anybody here (or siding with anyone) but the fact is that the label was created on a Friday and you filed your claim on that upcoming Monday. It is possible that he created the label and just didn't have the time to drop it off on Friday or Sat, and by Monday you had already filed the claim and he basically said "well screw you". Doesn't make ANY of it right of course and if that were the case he should have just sent a friendly PM telling you that he would not be able to drop it off until the coming week.

Now, after the claim was already filed and he had already put the work and parts into the machine he knew he was not going to get paid for that work or those parts so probably said "well, Daniel got his money back and I am not dropping off this package now".

Again, all speculation but I can envision how this went down. I bet a million dollars if you had not filed that claim that tracking number would have started working in a week or two. Again, does not make any of it right, but reading all of this I really believe that is what had happened as opposed to a "lost package".

Here is my tracking number for the very last transaction I had with him to illustrate:

If you look it up you will see it was created on 7/22. But it was not actually dropped off until 7/25. This was actually the quickest I have seen him drop one off in all of my transactions with him. I looked back but unfortunately I cannot find the others, but I swear I had one or two that were dormant at "label created" for a week or two before the package was actually shipped.

I think the lack of communication compounded with the long delays are really what is the nail in the coffin here. He does do great work and I can say that I have been extremely pleased with the work. I am a pretty patient guy and I do not usually bug people, so I guess that helps too. But again, if you are providing a service (and it seems that is the only reason why he is on AA anyway) do it right. I know he must have been put in a rock and a hard place by finishing the work and then receiving a paypal force chargeback. What can you do at that point? Let the buyer get a free modded system? Unmod it and send it back with holes drilled into it? Lose manhours of work? I can envision how he could have felt, but he went about it all wrong. Just be honest and it will be all good.

Sorry for the extensively long post, but there is a moral to this story embedded in there somewhere.

Edited by eightbit

Daniel, I see that the tracking number was created on 11/10 and you stated that you had filed your paypal claim on 11/13.

Not defending anybody here (or siding with anyone) but the fact is that the label was created on a Friday and you filed your claim on that upcoming Monday. It is possible that he created the label and just didn't have the time to drop it off on Friday or Sat, and by Monday you had already filed the claim and he basically said "well screw you". Doesn't make ANY of it right of course and if that were the case he should have just sent a friendly PM telling you that he would not be able to drop it off until the coming week.

Yurkie basically said screw you to him first! File the claim! All is justified. Don't be a lying POS and say you shipped something when you did NOT! He had plenty of time to take his console. He had plenty of time to take his money. He had plenty of time to create a label. He however can't ship the damn thing?

Don't send someone tracking on a package that you have not actually shipped. This is piss poor customer service. It sounds like Yurkie needs to learn a few lessons on what is acceptable behavior.

Sounds like Swampfox and you all know it!

In my opinion if he did mod the system and lost a paypal claim that's tough on him. I think he should have to eat the loss in work he did and send the system back. Let this be a lesson for lying and providing shitty service. Paypal does NOT give a refund on day 1. All he had to do was ship the damn package and pp claim would have been closed. No a week later the claim was escalated, WHY????? Ship the damn package. Then ANOTHER week and half goes by and a refund is given. Damn man that's 3 weeks since he "made the label" but couldn't find time to ship it!

This is NOT the first time he has done this crap. Whether his work is top notch or not is no excuse for this behavior. When you take someone's $$ and property and fail to provide even halfway decent service while lying every other day, you deserve what you get.

• Like 1

All he had to do was ship the damn package and pp claim would have been closed. No a week later the claim was escalated, WHY????? Ship the damn package. Then ANOTHER week and half goes by and a refund is given. Damn man that's 3 weeks since he "made the label" but couldn't find time to ship it!

That is an extremely good point. Maybe he just saw the paypal chargeback claim email come in and said F*** It. I am guessing that is the case.

Now, after the claim was already filed and he had already put the work and parts into the machine he knew he was not going to get paid for that work or those parts so probably said "well, Daniel got his money back and I am not dropping off this package now".

Again, all speculation but I can envision how this went down. I bet a million dollars if you had not filed that claim that tracking number would have started working in a week or two. Again, does not make any of it right, but reading all of this I really believe that is what had happened as opposed to a "lost package".

Even if that were the case, and assuming they file an "Item not received" claim, he could have just shipped it and it should have gotten to him, and would have been closed without a refund after showing delivery. Compounded with the fact that this somewhat defense hinges on him lying in the BEST case scenario. That also doesn't excuse the multi month delay, bad communication, and frankly a little condescending attitude, c'mon with the I dropped it off there's nothing I can do BS. How he made it more than a couple days getting payments through PayPal with that attitude, and PayPal not closing his account is beyond me. Most who have sold even a little will know, if you don't bend over backwards while doing the macarena to please the buyer, even super unreasonable ones, you're going to have problems with PayPal.

There's also the troubling many, and more being added constantly reports of packages going "missing", items arriving "broken", both to him, and the buyer. Maybe it's because I am an outsider who doesn't know him from Paul, but it's otherworldly how he was able to get a good name on this site. I'm in no way blaming anyone on this site. I'm sure there were many who had great experiences with him. I'm also sure no one meant any harm when recommending him. Perhaps I'm being too harsh on him without hearing much of his side of the story. He just doesn't seem to have a side of the story, at least not one he seems to want to tell. He doesn't seem to be banned, at least not yet.

I do feel for him, and anyone who has problems with their family. Even that though it seems to be a common thread going back years that he has claimed stuff like that. Also the out of town thing seems to happen quite a bit. I certainly don't want to accuse him of something so horrid, and long/reaccuring illnesses, as well and business trips are certainly a thing, but there is a possibility that those were at least fabricated, since he seems to have either incredibly bad luck, or problems telling the truth.

Edit: Seems to be someone else pointed out the INR argument is a bit flawed that I didn't see. Also just wanted to say, I didn't mean this to be aggressive towards you in any manner. It is hard to convey tone in text, and reading it came off a bit aggressive on the second reading. That was not my intention just in case it is read that way.

Edited by Demonofelru

I dropped the system off at the post office. I usually wait in line to have the package scanned into the system, but on occasion when there is a long line I leave package on the counter. Sorry this happened.

Instead this should be

"I dropped the system off at the post office. I usually wait in line to have the package scanned into the system, but on occasion when there is a long line I leave package on the counter. Sorry this happened. Since I fucked up I'll send you a replacement at no charge."

• Like 4