IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

Someone else mentioned this issue to me earlier and I just wanted to chime in that I had a decent experience with Yurkie starting back in in Feb of this year. First I shipped my Colecovision controllers for modding, and then a few months later the system for A/v modding.

While he was not especially fast and I had to touch base with him a couple of times, I think the controllers were done in about 3 weeks and the system in about the same time. I was pleased with the final product. I hope he can get back on the ball with his other customers because when he comes through he has a good service.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa... I guess I did not stay up to date on this post... Just saw some of the negative feedback...

What a dilemma... sounds like he does great work, but also sounds like there's been a rough patch, here...

Been waiting a long time to pull the trigger on this, and now? For everything I've heard about him before, I WANT to believe in him... this sucks. Hope everything is ok on Yurkie's end, health-wise, life-wise...

• Like 1

Well, I just hate to file a claim against the guy right after the holiday, and not to get personal but the reasons for the delays are pretty serious (family issues). I actually already own an RGB modded NES by Yurkie, which was purhcased on Ebay from a secondhand seller, and I can confirm his work is excellent; I've opened it and the wiring is immaculate. I really wasn't concerned until I stumbled on this thread and saw lots of other people having issues with him.

You are too nice of a guy, you need to look out for yourself IMO. Even a mod seems to recommend looking for a refund. He was on a couple times since, if he has yet to contact you, he's probably doing it on purpose. Don't let yourself be taken advantage of.

Yurkie's actions seem to be completely unjustified. Regardless if he does good work or not, with the prices he's charging I'd expect no less than speedy, AAA service. He either needs to step back and re-evaluate things, or take responsibility and make good on his transactions in a timely manner.

Hey - I've had nothing but GREAT results from Todd...

+ side - always great work - fast response - and delivery

- side - if he's having problems then he should post here (doesn't have to be graphic - just let those who need to know) - to let individuals know...

Hope this works out for those involved.

Jeff

Just thought I would give an update:

So I contacted Yurkie after seeing all these posts and really pressed him to return the NES and the items I sent him. He responded fairly quickly, at which point I told him I would have to file a claim if I did not receive my NES by the end of January. He sent it back relatively quickly, within about 10 days, and everything does work again. So he did follow through, but possibly only after seeing this forum thread

I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase any items from him until he's able to respond to some of these issues and assure that he can deliver in a timely manner. I know shit happens but its obvious this has been going on to a number of people. If he can't deliver then he shouldn't offer his services until he's able to sort out his personal issues

Guy does great work but 6 month turn around time is a bit excessive

• 1 month later...

I paid Yurkie for a Colecovision with every mod he offers except hdmi. Because of his reputation I trusted him and paid in advance by friends/family/gift paypal. I never asked if he had a backlog of work or anything and I was prepared to wait for a while, since it was a busy time of the year and I wouldn't be able to get much use from it for a while. After a few months I sent him a pm asking how it was going. Immediately after, I found this thread and became concerned, but waited an appropriate amount of time for a response. He soon got back to me, long before I had to decide what to do next and said that he's started work on it, but had been tied up with real life issues.

I thanked him for the update and planned to message him again after I felt another update was due. About a couple weeks later I planned to contact him that weekend, but received a message from him asking for my mailing address. Soon after he shipped the system and I received in not long after, even though it passed through customs. Everything was packed as well as anything I've ever received through the mail. The console and controllers are all super clean and literally looks and feels brand new. The visible mods are all clean and professional looking and everything works flawlessly.

I don't know if he has caught up with everybody, but I couldn't be happier in the end.

yurki1.jpg

Edited by Black_Tiger
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am deeply concerned that the thread title says "March 2018" as that means he is still taking peoples money and consoles from this forum.

Last I checked he's still deeply in debt to many on this forum and others. I don't see how this can be allowed.

• Like 1

I sent out my controllers for Todd to refurbish and upgrade and he did a masterful job with his work. The one Coleco controller had little to no use of the side trigger buttons but is now fully functioning. I love the fact that I no longer have to use extender cables when playing my Colecovision, as his cable straightening is TOP NOTCH! Thanks Todd for your work... I am planning on getting my full system modded for RGB based off of the great work he did with my controllers.

A+++ all around.

Thanks again!

I worked with him he does GREAT work but has a horrible attitude and very bad customer service, my system he modded had issues and I asked him kindly to address, instead he wanted money and then decided not to fix it...

I did not pay again but it's wrong!!!

I worked with him he does GREAT work but has a horrible attitude and very bad customer service, my system he modded had issues and I asked him kindly to address, instead he wanted money and then decided not to fix it...

I did not pay again but it's wrong!!!

If he did great work, then why did you have issues with the modded system?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

I was looking for a modded system for a while now and someone recommended yurkie so i ordered a fully modded system from Todd a few weeks back, and he send me one the same week i ordered one.

I had no problems with communication.

The system looks absolutely like new and runs like a dream.

I have the rgb hooked up with a hdmi upscaler on my tv and it looks amazing.

I am very happy

THANKS Todd!!!! ;-) :grin:

• Confused 1

I was looking for a modded system for a while now and someone recommended yurkie so i ordered a fully modded system from Todd a few weeks back, and he send me one the same week i ordered one.

I had no problems with communication.

The system looks absolutely like new and runs like a dream.

I have the rgb hooked up with a hdmi upscaler on my tv and it looks amazing.

I am very happy

THANKS Todd!!!! ;-) :grin:

Of course you did with your 3 week old account! Wow yurkie's the fn man. All these new people create accounts just to come in his threads and give him props.

On a side note which members system here did you buy?

• Like 2

Man someone better start running some IP searches on all these 3 month old accounts w/post giving props to a thief!

I can confirm that the recent posts from people who have new accounts with fewer posts come from different IPs in different geographical locations and do not appear to be using any sort of IP masking like a VPN or any other service. And the IP Lookup tool I use will tell me if the IP comes from a known "spam source" or a place that mask IP addresses.

This is not a post for or against Yurkie, just stating the facts, ma'am.

• Like 3

I know this is gonna distract from the thread like others, but this makes me kinda sad...

I've had 3 separate dealings with Yurkie, and I've had zero issues with them.

Bought a modded N64 and it worked great.

Had him mod a NES for RGB.

Had him install the HDMI mod in a GameCube. (Not a service offered, specially requested and they did it.)

All three times they were incredibly open about the process and very patient as I often had to send it first and then pay a couple days/week later. I can't say it was a quick turnaround, but they were incredibly professional throughout and overall reasonable turnaround (I think like 2-3 weeks?) They were even willing to answer questions on the systems after I sold both of the RGB modded ones.

THAT BEING SAID... It's sad to hear this happen. Yurkie always seemed like an incredibly professional person as far as his modding goes. I'm hoping that just something bad happened IRL and this was just a bump in the road going ahead.

One more time, we want to hear from people who have not received their goods, or money back. If somebody is still missing something, may it even just be communication, please post here.

Uhmmm - wait...

You ONLY want to hear from the 'NEGATIVE' side? (and not the 'POSITIVE'?)

This sounds really one sided to me!

ALL should be aloud to voice their opinions - let the customer decide - I have had NOTHING but great service from Todd (sometimes at his cost for my problem).

That being said...

Todd - IF YOU'VE F'D up then say so - even if it was a few times - Please you've done GREAT work for so many!!!

Customers not getting what they requested - find someone else to have your items fixed... and file your complaint with PAYPAL / EBAY

NO business exists that does 100% customer service (although - never mind won't go there...)

I'm currently out about 400-500 dollars to some members of AA and elsewhere who OWE me stuff that I will NEVER receive...

Complained about it but - guess what - still don't have the stuff... Guess I should blame Albert :( .... geez

Jeff31