IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

Jeff31, the point is that some of the positive comments came from empty almost inactive accounts probably created just to comment on this topic

I believe that was determined to NOT be the case just a few posts back. I am not taking any side or view on this, Just reading.

Uhmmm - wait...

You ONLY want to hear from the 'NEGATIVE' side? (and not the 'POSITIVE'?)

This sounds really one sided to me!

ALL should be aloud to voice their opinions - let the customer decide - I have had NOTHING but great service from Todd (sometimes at his cost for my problem).

Wrong he HAS positive feedback given already not only in the beginning of this thread but in others as well. What he has done in the PAST has absolutely no reference on his CURRENT situation. What matters right now is who's property he has and whom he took money from w/out providing them services.

Trying to cover up the people he has screwed w/positive replies is not going to fly. He can receive positive replies once he fixes the people he has screwed over! Nobody gives a shit how good his work WAS or whether or not he provides great services in the past or future. Right now the only thing that matters is the people he has screwed over.

I believe that was determined to NOT be the case just a few posts back. I am not taking any side or view on this, Just reading.

Wrong! The only thing that was determined was that it came from different IP's. It doesn't mean he doesn't have friends/family/fellow thieves in his thief group posting for him.

Wrong! The only thing that was determined was that it came from different IP's. It doesn't mean he doesn't have friends/family/fellow thieves in his thief group posting for him.

This witch hunting of Yurkie is going to stop RIGHT NOW!!! We welcome customers of his to post to this thread giving feedback, positive or negative, on the service they have received. If customers of his have had issues in the past, it is up to Yurkie to resolve those issues. It is NOT up to the members of this community to witch hunt him or any other member of this community. That behavior will not be tolerated. Have I made myself clear?

• Like 6

This witch hunting of Yurkie is going to stop RIGHT NOW!!! We welcome customers of his to post to this thread giving feedback, positive or negative, on the service they have received. If customers of his have had issues in the past, it is up to Yurkie to resolve those issues. It is NOT up to the members of this community to witch hunt him or any other member of this community. That behavior will not be tolerated. Have I made myself clear?

It's not a witch hunt. When a known member takes peoples items and does not provide services and keeps people items and money, that is stealing! I don't see anyone offering props to Swampfox for doing the same shit. If he even tried to offer services on this site you would have 50 different people and moderators chiming in!

I as well find it absurd new members (whomever they are) should be allowed to post in active threads in a manner to bump past and "hide" such actions.

While it is Yurkies responsibility to fix his wrongs I do not see it ok that we just sit back and allow him to take on new work while other members have not had their situations resolved.

Do whatever you want, I'll stay out of the thread but don't blame me in a few months when you have 10 more people who get taken for! It's all about who you know I guess. If you know the right people who will stick up for you, you can do whatever you want w/out consequences.

• Thanks 1

It's not a witch hunt. When a known member takes peoples items and does not provide services and keeps people items and money, that is stealing! I don't see anyone offering props to Swampfox for doing the same shit. If he even tried to offer services on this site you would have 50 different people and moderators chiming in!

I as well find it absurd new members (whomever they are) should be allowed to post in active threads in a manner to bump past and "hide" such actions.

While it is Yurkies responsibility to fix his wrongs I do not see it ok that we just sit back and allow him to take on new work while other members have not had their situations resolved.

Do whatever you want, I'll stay out of the thread but don't blame me in a few months when you have 10 more people who get taken for! It's all about who you know I guess. If you know the right people who will stick up for you, you can do whatever you want w/out consequences.

Was my warning not good enough for you? Now I will go chat with Albert to see what the next step will be. This drama will stop RIGHT NOW!!!!

• 1 month later...

I don't have a card in this game, but whenever I do work for other people (which is rare) I keep the shipping label with the return address just in case

maybe I am old fashioned, but I remember a time when "trying to contact someone though email" was not a valid recourse in court, spending a couple bucks on certifed mail was. Not that I have ever had that situation but if someone falls off the face of the earth with a complaint, I dont want my only recourse being "well I sent him an email on his @aol.com, @yahoo.com, AND @hotmail.com accounts and all I got was silence, sux fer them"

I have done a couple decades of general consumer electronic / computer repair work back when that was something you could make rent with, and even then we required an address, working phone number, and a signature before accepting property ...

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yurkie has done great work for me in the past. This appears to be a 'mistake' that has been resolved (at least I hope so).

If you have concerns - email him and get quotes / time frames for repairs etc.

I for one will send him my systems in the future as needed.

Sorry Todd that this has happened. Let's be positive going forward

Good fortune to you and the Collecovision...

Hope to see you in the future in Milwaukee...

Jeff

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I sent Yurkie my Colecovision on 6/29/2017 for an rgb mod, controller refurb and a new power switch. After a few PMs to check in I was told it was done on 9/8/2017. A tracking number was provided on 9/26/2017... but it wasnt received until 10/10/2017 because it was left in his girlfriends trunk.

Unfortunately it was not functional on arrival. After some work travel I realized things were not working and contacted him 11/4/2017. He replied quickly. Sorry your having issues. The RGB mod is adjusted via my framemeister for video output. About all I can suggest is you adjusting the RGB mod board for your PVM. Looks like the blue level is high.

I have never had a customer issue, about the only way to correct this is for you to adjust the pots on the mod board.

I recommend slipping a piece of card stock or folded up piece of paper under the mod board to prevent the solder points on the underside of the board from shorting against the colecovision board.

Upon opening the system, the connector was epoxied into place so the board could not be removed. The mod board was wrapped in plastic. Adjusting the pots did not help. Citrus3000psi helped me out. I had thought he would just make some fixes but after seeing the mod he went the extra mile and designed a whole new RGB board. More details are here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274474-new-coleco-rgb-board/

Yurkie did returbish my controllers and replace my power switch. This work was done well. He was never rude. However after receiving a completely broken rgb mod, with poor worksmanship, a 1 month return shipping delay, and the lack of support other than adjust the blue pot I cannot recommend his services.

I sent Yurkie my Colecovision on 6/29/2017 for an rgb mod, controller refurb and a new power switch. After a few PMs to check in I was told it was done on 9/8/2017. A tracking number was provided on 9/26/2017... but it wasnt received until 10/10/2017 because it was left in his girlfriends trunk.

Yurkie did returbish my controllers and replace my power switch. This work was done well. He was never rude. However after receiving a completely broken rgb mod, with poor worksmanship, a 1 month return shipping delay, and the lack of support other than adjust the blue pot I cannot recommend his services.

Any chance you have pictures of the mod work from Yurkie you can post for us to see versus the proper fix Citrus did for you afterward?

Any chance you have pictures of the mod work from Yurkie you can post for us to see versus the proper fix Citrus did for you afterward?

Here is how the system played upon receiving it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q85t3pafzm5tndg/IMG_7504.MOV?dl=0

Citrus3000psi took pics of the mod I received. Here are the images.

https://m.imgur.com/a/2G7K2

Here is a description of what he found (3rd post):

Here is how the system played upon receiving it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q85t3pafzm5tndg/IMG_7504.MOV?dl=0

Citrus3000psi took pics of the mod I received. Here are the images.

https://m.imgur.com/a/2G7K2

Here is a description of what he found (3rd post):

Thanks, I was just curious to see. Glad you got it all fixed up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was one of the first people Yurkie screwed.  Modded my system years ago but it did not work when it got to me, I sent it back, he said it works fine for him. He sent it to me, and it still did not work.  I had to fix it myself, the  metal shielding was pressing too hard on a knob he installed.

Not to mention the system stunk like old cigarette smoke.

Two years ago he was going to install a ball top on a controller for me, I sent just the shaft.  He claimed he never got it, and I never got any rectification to this.  Now I have a controller with no stick...

When I had issues way back with the system mod, everyone stood up for Yurkie and cast me as the villain.  Seem more people are being taken...

I feel vindicated...

• 3 months later...

Wow reading through this thread I’m not the least bit surprised by all the bad Yurkie experiences.

My one and only experience dealing with Yurkie was about 5 years ago.  I asked him to do an A/V and controller mod on a “brand new” unused Colecovision I had just purchased.  When I got it back the console had a broken chip on the side.  When I opened it up it was filthy with Sharpie writing all over on the inside PCB board supposedly with his “notes” that he didn’t bother to wash off.  There was also a broken screw stem. He also swapped out my brand new unused controllers and tried to stiff me with a pair of old used ones with modded controller knobs like I wouldn’t notice.  Sneaky.

When I called and confronted him about it he said he would make things right.  He sent me back another console with a different case since my brand new one was broken and with a pair of “clean” controllers but obviously not my original unused deadstock mint controllers because he said he couldn’t find them.  After which he said he could never do business with me again because he was “losing” money reparing all the damage “he” caused.  That was just fine with me because I would never do business with him again after he tried to stiff me and swap out unused parts for himself and now reading about the problems others have had reaffirms this.  Buyer beware.

8E6FD60A-8A98-46AF-A64A-AD78DF4D7FB1.jpeg

C7A41FD0-B461-442F-A371-C664DC960D24.jpeg

228968DC-A16D-4CC5-88DD-1E16CFC3E62E.jpeg

957E7C68-5F1F-43E8-BD40-3E0340497413.jpeg

0E58A793-CDD7-4DD6-87C8-2603F071C315.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone know of any reputable people on here that are currently offering complete Colecovision mods and services? I just want to get a recap, a/v mod, and power switch replacement/repair.