IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

On 4/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, 7800 said:

Anyone know of any reputable people on here that are currently offering complete Colecovision mods and services? I just want to get a recap, a/v mod, and power switch replacement/repair.

I have heard Ruggers Does good work. I have not personally had work done by him. He may have a page on Facebook too

26 minutes ago, mianrtcv said:

I have heard Ruggers Does good work. I have not personally had work done by him. He may have a page on Facebook too

He does have a Facebook page ; https://www.facebook.com/Ruggerscustoms/

I can't vouch for his work as I didn't buy anything, but was considering buying a new unit because mine took a crap. When I told him the problem he msg'd with me back and forth and showed me how to test for the problem. Turns out it's (hopefully) the power supply which he unfortunately doesn't sell. And he took a fair amount of time too, not just "test the power supply", he send pics, pretty detailed info on what else to look for, etc...He has some funky tricked out mods, and like I said I can't speak to his work, but he didn't have to spend the time he did troubleshooting with me. If I were to get another unit or backup he's my choice.

That's interesting. My CV is currently making a static noise when it's turned on. Picture and sound is fine... just getting extra static. I was thinking it might be the power supply... I'll check out Ruggers... thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't recommend Ruggers Customs (James Dunavant) for any Colecovision mods. This guy had the audacity to accuse me of trolling him on Facebook, and I'm not even on Facebook. Then he asks for my PayPal so he can bill me to ship the console back to me. James sent me a screen shot of the FB conversation. Apparently some guy with the same first name as me made a remark about his bullshit turnaround estimates.  He replied to the guy with a passive/aggressive offer to send back the console if he/she didn't like the wait or the lack of communication or turnaround updates. The mystery FB user replied with derogatory comments. So of course I get an email from James, asking me if I'm such and such person on Facebook. Then he writes, "Don't insult my intelligence, I know it's you. Don't ever contact me again." Meanwhile I have no idea if he's sending back my console because I haven't received an invoice from PayPal yet. AND because he's butt hurt from a FB post that he thinks came from me, I fear he will just throw it in a box with no packing and send it off out of spite... so it arrives damaged.

Moral of the story is, clearly James makes knee jerk reactions, makes accusations without having any proof. Also worth noting that I sent him my console over a month ago, and he still hasn't started working on it. So, I can actually understand why a guy on FB would make a comment about his lack of communication and BS turnaround times. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

@Ruggers Customs

I removed your post attacking one of your customers because you doxxed the customer, which is unacceptable on our forums.  If you want to respond to @7800's post, that's fine of course, but please do so without revealing any personal information about the user.

Thank you,

..Al

Hi Al, understood and my apologies for breaking forum rules.  Although I wasn't under the impression I was on the attack but more on the defensive.  I'm simply defending my business which I've never had one dissatisfied customer since I started doing this over 7 years ago which I'm sure you can understand.

User 7800's console will be shipped back to the original address that the console was shipped from.  I posted a tracking number here before but I won't post it again.

Derogatory statements were made on my Facebook business page under an alias account.  I was able to piece together who it was by the location originally on the alias account (before it was changed shortly after I emailed said customer to confront him) and specific time estimates I only gave to him and no one else.  It was repeated verbatim on the Facebook comment.  In turn, I've terminated the work order.  I don't accept any payments up front and only require payment for the work order once it's completed.  I only charged the customer USPS Priority Mail Insured return shipping costs and the appropriate Paypal fees associated with the transaction.

Yes, my delays are long right now.  This is my fault and no one else's.  I took on too much work this time around and that combined with parts delivery delays have set me behind.  However, I post regular updates on my Facebook business page and I always respond to any customer inquiry in under 24 hours.  Most of the time it's within 2 hours since I have a pc in front of me at my work bench.  Anyone who's ever done business with me can't dispute this.

I work too hard and I absolutely will not tolerate any abuse from anyone.  If you have a problem, please contact me.  I'm very easy to work with and easy to get in touch with.  Ask anyone who's ever done business with me and they'll confirm that gladly.

Thank you. :)

Edit:  And just so it's known, I'm not Yurkie.  He's someone else entirely.  I'm not even sure why comments and feedback about my business are on his thread anyway. ?

dan facebook post - Copy.png

dan email 1.PNG

dan email 2.PNG

I've had consoles modded by @Ruggers Customs and they were always great when it came to communication as to when my console would ship back to me.  Nothing but high recommendations from me. While I get that maybe people can be busy and delays can happen, please cut everyone some slack and lets be thankful there are still people willing to work on 40 year old consoles bringing them up to modern standards.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What James doesn't take into account, because he relies solely on intuition and his apparent Sherlock Holmes complex, is that I have made posts on other forums/venues and talked to people in person about my experience dealing with Ruggers, asking around if anyone else has ever had any issues with his company, issues with communication, etc. and I've gone into detail about the turnaround times that I was told... and that it's quite possible that some lunatic who read my posts on other forums remembered and parroted my gripes almost verbatim, to what end I don't know. Was the guy someone I know in my area? Was he just being a troll, or was he genuinely empathetic on my behalf? I don't know. What I do know is I'm not on Facebook, haven't been on Facebook in almost 10 years. James wouldn't hear any of it and continues to insist that it was me.

Now, I've been on AtariAge now for quite a few years, and I haven't had a single problem with anyone here, yet... I'm not in the habit of trying to piss off the person who is essentially holding my merchandise... I don't bite the hand that feeds when they are holding my property. I don't spend $50 on shipping to send my console to be modded, and then act like an asshole to the man who I am trusting to take good care of my merchandise. I don't blame James for thinking it was me that trolled him based on the info he has shared, but ultimately... he decided to NOT mod my system and make false accusations based on a HUNCH, and with no real evidence. Then forces me to pay return shipping to boot. 

I even asked him to send the package to an alternate address to avoid it coming to me, then having to pay more shipping to have it go someplace else to get modded, he never replied to my email and now he's saying, "User 7800's console will be shipped back to the original address that the console was shipped from" (refer to post #601) 

Now, looking at this Facebook post, It would seem the guy asked a simple question, perhaps was a bit of a wise ass about it, but James' reply came off a little hostile too. Basically coming across as, "Oh, you don't like waiting? Okay, no mod for you". So I can see why the mystery FB user would come back at him the way he did. I'm seeing a pattern here of sheer "spitefulness". First, he takes a FB post (that wasn't even from me) personal, then he doxxes me on here. Then he apparently refuses to ship it back to the address requested... out of spite.

This whole thing could have been avoided if he ignored trolls, rather then spend time trying to seek them out, finding out if they were an actual customer... when that time could have been used to mod a Colecovision. 

6 minutes ago, 7800 said:

What James doesn't take into account, because he relies solely on intuition and his apparent Sherlock Holmes complex, is that I have made posts on other forums/venues and talked to people in person about my experience dealing with Ruggers, asking around if anyone else has ever had any issues with his company, issues with communication, etc. and I've gone into detail about the turnaround times that I was told... and that it's quite possible that some lunatic who read my posts on other forums remembered and parroted my gripes almost verbatim, to what end I don't know. Was the guy someone I know in my area? Was he just being a troll, or was he genuinely empathetic on my behalf? I don't know. What I do know is I'm not on Facebook, haven't been on Facebook in almost 10 years. James wouldn't hear any of it and continues to insist that it was me.

Now, I've been on AtariAge now for quite a few years, and I haven't had a single problem with anyone here, yet... I'm not in the habit of trying to piss off the person who is essentially holding my merchandise... I don't bite the hand that feeds when they are holding my property. I don't spend $50 on shipping to send my console to be modded, and then act like an asshole to the man who I am trusting to take good care of my merchandise. I don't blame James for thinking it was me that trolled him based on the info he has shared, but ultimately... he decided to NOT mod my system and make false accusations based on a HUNCH, and with no real evidence. Then forces me to pay return shipping to boot. 

I even asked him to send the package to an alternate address to avoid it coming to me, then having to pay more shipping to have it go someplace else to get modded, he never replied to my email and now he's saying, "User 7800's console will be shipped back to the original address that the console was shipped from" (refer to post #601) 

Now, looking at this Facebook post, It would seem the guy asked a simple question, perhaps was a bit of a wise ass about it, but James' reply came off a little hostile too. Basically coming across as, "Oh, you don't like waiting? Okay, no mod for you". So I can see why the mystery FB user would come back at him the way he did. I'm seeing a pattern here of sheer "spitefulness". First, he takes a FB post (that wasn't even from me) personal, then he doxxes me on here. Then he apparently refuses to ship it back to the address requested... out of spite.

This whole thing could have been avoided if he ignored trolls, rather then spend time trying to seek them out, finding out if they were an actual customer... when that time could have been used to mod a Colecovision. 

Okay, whatever you say.  I'll ship your console back next week.  I'm sending it to you so I make sure YOU get it.  As far as I'm concerned this issue is closed on my end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruggers Customs said:

Okay, whatever you say.  I'll ship your console back next week.  I'm sending it to you so I make sure YOU get it.  As far as I'm concerned this issue is closed on my end.  

No, you're sending it to me because you know It will cost me more money to send it to another person to get modded. Like I said, all out of spite. It was your choice to not do the mod and send it back, not my request... and I paid for the shipping, and now you won't even honor my request to have it shipped elsewhere. It's funny because although I've wasted money with you, this little incident is a blessing in disguise... it shows me and many others your true colors, AND it shows that you getting revenge is more important than actually getting a customers console modded in a timely manor. Now I know why my console sat with you for over a month and never got worked on... 3 weeks turnaround time my ass. 

Edited by 7800