IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in getting one of your systems (refurb+ a/v, LEDs, pause, bios skips, and controller refurb with cords straightened & ball knobs.) Trick is- I don't own a Colecovision to send in. How often do you get units in to buy directly, and how much would one cost with the above setup? (Just trying to plan out some budgeting.)

Hi, I am from outside the US, so the option to have something done to the console is not really an option for me.

I understand that the composite mod can be purchased as dyi to install myself, that it costs 29 including shipping (to a US address) and that it comes with the cable, is that correct?

Is there anything similar for rgb, or for that is the only way to actually ship a console to you?

Thanks!

Hi, I am from outside the US, so the option to have something done to the console is not really an option for me.

I understand that the composite mod can be purchased as dyi to install myself, that it costs 29 including shipping (to a US address) and that it comes with the cable, is that correct?

Is there anything similar for rgb, or for that is the only way to actually ship a console to you?

Thanks!

You'll probably want to try sending a pm too.

Last I heard from him, he's really busy atm.

Hi Yurkie. A friend of mine, Ian Baronofsky recommended I talk with you about fixing some of my Colecovision super action controllers? I have 3 in need of joystick and button help. some buttons aren't working consistently, and the joysticks are not consistent when you push for them to go a certain direction. Do you repair Coleco SACs?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there...I'm kinda new here. I read through all 17 pages and am confused about the video output mods. RGB means red blue green as in the component video cables? HDMI means an actual HDMI port on the coleco or is it VGA and you use a vga to HDMI adapter?

RGB stands for Red, Green, Blue and was not a commonly used format in the USA. I recommend checking out retrorgb.com for info on RGB and the fantastic image quality. HDMI can be achieved via converter for RGB and VGA. Putting a cheap converter inside the case is not practical.

• 2 weeks later...