IGNORED

New Year's Disc 2011

pps

Hello again!

It´s time to start the work for the next edition of the New Year's Disc!

I hope for many entries ;)

To have a little stimulation for you, I did a small invitation.

post-3781-128950941123_thumb.jpg

NYD2011invitro.xex

As usual you can send your entries to this thread or to nyd2011 at ppsberlin.de.

Everything is welcome, even small pieces or snippets of code.

greets from Berlin, Germany, PP´s

The usual material is pictures, music, mini-demos. Not sure if a game has been included before.

If you're good at generating one aspect of a presentation, nothing wrong with putting a callout for help providing the other.

I think there were a game already.. the Click!

The usual material is pictures, music, mini-demos. Not sure if a game has been included before.

If you're good at generating one aspect of a presentation, nothing wrong with putting a callout for help providing the other.

I think there were a game already.. the Click!

Oh yes, we had the special version of Click! Every xmas my son wants to play this since then ;)

Every entry is welcome. Even if you just have a code snippet. It could be useful for others.

Only thing is, It must be in a format, so that I can put it into an atr file. (Or it may be done by me to put it there.)

Hello again!

NYD2011invitro.xex

As usual you can send your entries to this thread or to nyd2011 at ppsberlin.de.

Sorry, but why I am not getting this at Atari800WinPlus Emulator.

It just goes into the "SELF TEST" Screen.

Greets.

José Pereira.

Sorry, but why I am not getting this at Atari800WinPlus Emulator.

It just goes into the "SELF TEST" Screen.

Greets.

José Pereira.

Simply start the emulator and then run atari executable from menu.

Seems to be a bug in the emulator, that with some settings it won´t run xex files via double click correct.

I've just noticed that it won't work with NTSC on Atari800Win. Try it with PAL if you haven't already.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks.

I was a little bit Mapa the other Day trying to move in a Scroll.

His problem was just having the "NUM LOCK" on.

I usually are with PAL but I was with NTSC (I don't remember why) nor, how many Days, probably with it!...

Thanks.

Sometimes two or more Brains needed to get to simple things... Oh my!... :ponder: :roll:

Greetings.

José Pereira.

I've just noticed that it won't work with NTSC on Atari800Win. Try it with PAL if you haven't already.

Hmm... :x You´re right!

The invitro does not work with NTSC :?

I never thought that this little thing wouldn´t be compatible, so I did no test of that :(

Sorry!

Yes ! I really like this atari event ! I will pull my brains together to get out some code :D

Like always, it's more then a year ago I did program something for our beloved atari...

Thanks for the nice invitation PPS !

I thought it is time for something like this, so before I get mad and just opens up the "competition" again without some "natural" invitation, I just set down and wrote it yesterday ;) Nice, that it is fine for you :)

And to the other point, you mentioned:

So at least 2 people (you and me) are active coding again, just because of that New Year's Disc!

This is one reason, why I started once the first edition. Another reason is just to have some nice things for all the people out there just when the new year begins - and we had some wonderful gems in the previous editions.

Thanks to all the people who are/where/will be involved in this project!

Edited by pps

Hello again!

NYD2011invitro.xex

When is the latest you can accept a submission?

btw. as you used the msx of the german chaotics... can you post the msx file? is it only done in VBL?

Yeah, ASMA is your friend :) Uwe Loos has a folder in there. The msx I used needs just a init and then a call every VBI.

To use a song from asma, simply cut of the first part of the file, till the usual atari binary header, then you have what you need (I use HxD for that). Within the cutted header of ASMA-file you find any needed info, how to run the song.

I'll try to make something for this... Not sure what it's gonna be, nor if it'll be anything good, but the effort, and for me, reconnecting with a hobby I almost abandoned for 20-some years, will be appreciated in this community I hope.

For now, I'm thinking a seeding kind of demo. Using some common tricks with 128 color mode graphics, with some morphology routines to make it interesting. User input implied, yet optional. I suck at music, so if someone can make a slow trance track in binary load format, that would suit the idea, it'll be welcome. Preferably loaded in the $A000+ space. I'm looking for music to accompany a slowly morphing semi-organic entity. Preferably using the picture as some sort of input to make it as dynamic as the graphics.

Hit me up with a friend request here, or whatever means you deem necessary if you'd like to help me out here. Even if you just want to find out about my ideas for this thing.

Edited by Alphasys

I'll try to make something for this...

Your welcome ;)

If you want to have a look at the previous nyd, simply switch over to pouet.net or find it at my website (ppsberlin.de but be aware German :) ).

For your music problem, maybe miker can help, or emkay.

pps... thanks. I was not aware that it is so simple to use .sap files... ;)

Oh yes, sap (and at least ASMA) is cool for us non musician :) Edited by pps
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...