IGNORED

Is Droid Sans Mono the perfect monospaced font?

Random Terrain

Every monospaced font I've tried in the past has ended up bothering my eyes, so I usually give up and just use Verdana. I was in the mood to go hunting for monospaced fonts again tonight to see if I could finally find one I could stand. I tried just about every font on I could find.

Droid Sans Mono seems to be the best monospaced font I've ever tried. Very easy on the eyes. I'm using Droid Sans Mono with Visual batari Basic from now on.

Regular version of Droid Sans Mono:

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Droid-Sans-Mono

Below are two versions of Droid Sans Mono, one with slashed zero and one with dotted zero:

http://www.cosmix.org/software/

I use the one above with the slashed zero.

In case anyone wants to know, the code boxes on the bB page will use Droid Sans Mono (with slashed zero) if you have it installed, and if you don't have that installed, it will try to use Droid Sans Mono (with dotted zero), and if you don't have either installed, it will use the general monospace font you'd expect:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html

Related thread:

How to Install a Font With Windows 10

The first link made MIE quit working. Every other link in your post therefore is suspect to me.

Here's a tip: Don't use Internet Explorer. It's like sticking your wiener through a hole in a wall without knowing what is on the other side.

All links work fine for me using Firefox with NoScript (and only allowing what is absolutely necessary to make the web sites work properly).

[And what in the hell does one link have to do with the others? Each link is to a different web site. How about this: you use Internet Explorer, therefore every choice you make and everything you do is suspect.]

Why does Internet Explorer suck so bad? Anyway, back on track, I usually use Courier New if I need a monospaced font, but this Droid Sans Mono looks way better than that. I checked out another link and it works fine. Sorry if I'm in a bad mood, but I've been having lots of trouble with the titlescreen kernel along with other things...

Why does Internet Explorer suck so bad? Anyway, back on track, I usually use Courier New if I need a monospaced font, but this Droid Sans Mono looks way better than that. I checked out another link and it works fine. Sorry if I'm in a bad mood, but I've been having lots of trouble with the titlescreen kernel along with other things...

Seems like I've been in a bad mood for days. Probably because my blood sugar keeps swinging from high to low. It would be nice to have a steady stream of food coming in instead of a cycle of feast and famine.

About Internet Explorer:

http://hubpages.com/hub/SayNoToIE

ActiveX Is The Debil

Safety is another huge issue with IE. Other browsers do not use or accept ActiveX and Active Scripting, two Microsoft applets that allow people to access your browser for various programs. These two programs allow someone else the possibility of controlling your computer, and open a huge barn door for viruses, adware, spy ware, malware and phishers to come strolling leisurely through.

Go ahead and use your virus software and your firewall - as long as you also use IE, you may as well give it up. You will continue to get malware on a regular basis, clogging your computer's arteries, causing slowdown and crashes and possibly putting your data at risk. Of course, any virus or malware can still get on the machine of someone using one of the other browsers. The main difference is that the users of other browsers more often have to actually open a file or interact with it in some way to allow it in with them, and IE lets malware in for you.

http://www.worsttech.com/products/why-internet-explorer-sucks-1102887.html

Security has always been another major issue with Internet Explorer since the beginning. All other browsers simply refuse to use or accept Active Scripting and ActiveX, which are Microsoft application that grant others applications complete access to your browser. As obvious, by means of these two programs, your computer can easily be controlled by others, thereby making internet explorer home for adware, viruses, malware and spy-wares! Even if you use firewall along with an anti-virus, it’s just no good. You will constantly get Malwares on your computer if you are using Internet Explorer. IE will just keep inviting all sort of malwares to attack your computer!

I just checked out one of my VisualbB installs and it looks like I'm using Lucida Console. I used Microsoft Consolas for awhile but got tired of installing extra fonts. Plus, it seems some of the Consolas installer packages check to see if you've got the software the font is licensed with (Visual Studio, Office, whatever).

Seems like I've been in a bad mood for days. Probably because my blood sugar keeps swinging from high to low. It would be nice to have a steady stream of food coming in instead of a cycle of feast and famine.

Dude...? Rationing....? If you ration you will have a constant, albeit lowered supply of energy to avoid those last mingling zombie arm swipes instead of burst of speed then nothing. Your uneaten intestines will thank you!

The first link made MIE quit working.

When I clicked on the first link (in MIE), the Java icon popped up in my QuickLaunch, so it appears there's at least one Java script on the target page. It took a *long* time for the ads on the page to finish loading, and the browser was unresponsive during that time, but eventually the browser began responding again.

Michael

[snip...]Plus, it seems some of the Consolas installer packages check to see if you've got the software the font is licensed with (Visual Studio, Office, whatever).

I just copied the fonts I liked out of the the fonts directory, once they were installed, to a flash drive. then just copy then back to the fonts directory on a new install.

I really cannot understand the need for MS to ship fonts as an installer package. Especially Consolas which originally would only install if you had visual studio 2008 installed. They now give it away with at least a couple of office viewers.

I also have a nice set of fonts for the windows cmd prompt that fill in a few holes in font sizing, and are easier on the eye.

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone wants to know, the code boxes on the bB page will use Droid Sans Mono (with slashed zero) if you have it installed, and if you don't have that installed, it will try to use Droid Sans Mono (with dotted zero), and if you don't have either installed, it will use the general monospace font you'd expect:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html

• 3 weeks later...