IGNORED

Help with linking XB and assembly

Vorticon

The XB loader does not understand the REF directive. Therefore you cannot REF the VDP utilities and things like KSCAN. :(

You must state their addresses with EQU directives. :mad:

Of course, all the utilities are at a different address to TI BASIC/ED-AS, and I'm afraid I don't have them for XB.

Anyway, that is the reason for the run-time error.

HTH

Ah hah! Now that makes senses. Any idea where the XB addresses are listed?

Smart Programmer found on WHT has them -- I'd scan the page but I don't have access to them right now. Good thing Wills brought those up -- I had forgotten about those stupid EQUate requirements! DOH!

Found them in the March 84 issue. Thanks! One problem though: CALL INIT does not load GPLLNK or DSRLNK... Bummer...

The XB loader does not understand the REF directive. Therefore you cannot REF the VDP utilities and things like KSCAN. :(

Of course, all the utilities are at a different address to TI BASIC/ED-AS, and I'm afraid I don't have them for XB.

HTH

Smart Programmer found on WHT has them -- I'd scan the page but I don't have access to them right now. Good thing Wills brought those up -- I had forgotten about those stupid EQUate requirements! DOH!

Found them in the March 84 issue. Thanks! One problem though: CALL INIT does not load GPLLNK or DSRLNK... Bummer...

There is a joke in here somewhere. Perhaps how many TI programmers does it take to RTFM... ;-)

HTH

There is a joke in here somewhere. Perhaps how many TI programmers does it take to RTFM... ;-)

Zero. They're all busy writing crap games. ;)

BTW, I'll wager you'll find GPLLNK and DSRLNK for XB in another issue. Load those first and voila!