IGNORED

TI BASIC Game: Aperture

adamantyr

Anyone solve level 13?

I am stuck on 13. I can't open the path to the 3rd emitter.

And you have downloaded the latest version on the thread? Because it was missing a corridor. If the chamber is isolated, your version is old.

Adamantyr

Makes sense. I thought I had the latest version. I'll double check it tonight.

• 1 month later...

Anyone solve level 13?

I am stuck on 13. I can't open the path to the 3rd emitter.

And you have downloaded the latest version on the thread? Because it was missing a corridor. If the chamber is isolated, your version is old.

Adamantyr

Makes sense. I thought I had the latest version. I'll double check it tonight.

Ever get past level 13? I certainly hope so! :)

Adamantyr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I looked and for the life of me can't figure out where the hell to download from for the contest thing..help! nevermind I found it 30 sec after I wrote this :)

Greg

Update done, should have levels 12 and 13 playable now. (Also fixed one thing that made level 13 a bit too easy.)

Adamantyr

For those of you who stumbled around this thread in hopes of a working download link, but died hungry, here it is:

BASIC on CART Contest (BoCC) Entries Submissions ONLY

The BoCC contest appears to have been buried by newer threads, so this might be helpful . . . !

I am looking forward to playing this tonight - - Portal 2 is released tomorrow (right? right??), so what not a better way to enjoy such an august event!

2218017260_961efa8e12.jpg

How's that GAUNTLET clone for the TI coming, adamantyr? Your blog is a good read, btw! Lots of good RPG thoughts!

Now armed with my new nanoPEB and composite output cable, I am looking forward to playing more TI-99 "releases!"

-atari2atari

• 2 years later...

Necro'ing an old thread... So I fired this up last night and set the level to 16 to see if I could win it... And I can't! :)

The main problem is that the cubes in the lower left of the screen are impossible to get every one of them through the portal. Either you accidentally wipe out a cube by pushing another on top of it, or push one into the acid, and you need all four. I need to play it a bit more to confirm it's unwinnable, but if so I'll need to make an adjustment...

Adamantyr

• Like 3

Is the code posted in post #1 the lastest version?

M

Yes, it is. I know the highest anyone's gotten is level 13... I should play those last few levels myself and make sure they ARE winnable... the physics in the game had subtle adjustments and it's possible I set it up thinking it could work a particular way and it doesn't. :S

Adamantyr

• Like 1

Okay... so apparently level 13 was NOT solvable, because of a single line missing that allowed you to check if you could enter an exit by going down. Doh! No wonder no one has ever gotten past it...

I also had one minor fix needed to make level 14 work, but it was solvable. Level 15 is NEARLY solvable but there's a potential problem with the exit scenario, I have to find my old graph paper where I drew up the level to make sure it does what I intended. Level 16 I still need to play around a bit with the cubes and make sure all four can be retrieved.

I hate making an unwinnable game...

Adamantyr

• Like 1

Okay... so apparently level 13 was NOT solvable, because of a single line missing that allowed you to check if you could enter an exit by going down. Doh! No wonder no one has ever gotten past it...

I also had one minor fix needed to make level 14 work, but it was solvable. Level 15 is NEARLY solvable but there's a potential problem with the exit scenario, I have to find my old graph paper where I drew up the level to make sure it does what I intended. Level 16 I still need to play around a bit with the cubes and make sure all four can be retrieved.

I hate making an unwinnable game...

Adamantyr

No worries.. I never made it that far :) have you tried compiling it?

Greg

No worries.. I never made it that far :) have you tried compiling it?

Greg

I haven't, no. The timing would be greatly thrown off on some levels if it moved faster.

Instead of that, my plan is to write the sequel entirely in assembly language. :) Yes, there IS a sequel in the works...

Before that, though, I think I'll fix up the first one to make sure every level is solvable (by playing them myself!) and also post a thread showing how to win each level for those who are frustrated.

Adamantyr

• 1 month later...

Aperture Level Editor for TI99 Basic Game

Hi all, i'm releasing this editor to anyone thats interested

It will easily edit all 16 levels in Adams excellent game Aperture :)

It has been tested in Win XP & Win 7. It will only edit the disk

version of the game at this time. A small instruction file included.

I will try to answer ANY questions on this post and will be updated here.

*I also have a Windows Tunnels of Doom(TOD) editor for release,

PM me if your interested on this one.

Aperture Level Editor_1.1.6.zip

post-31495-0-98020900-1402573659_thumb.jpg

post-31495-0-45088100-1402573667_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fritz442
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...