IGNORED

maybe a programming language on cart for the 7800

gambler172

Hi Guys

I need your help.A friend could release a programming language for the 7800.It is a language which has been released for several systems.

But he only works with LINUX or MAC.He needs the following to make this project.

A 7800 emulator with a machine language debugger,which works on LINUX or MAC.

Maybe anyone could help??????

greetings Walter

Maybe there is another solution???

I have used the 6502 simulator by Michal Kowalski here. I don't think there is a Linux version.

The other option would be to divide the project so that it has a machine specific part (7800, C64, A8 etc.) and an application specific part. It might run a little bit slower but at least you can start development on a system that has a good debugger.

Hi Guys

I need your help.A friend could release a programming language for the 7800.It is a language which has been released for several systems.

But he only works with LINUX or MAC.He needs the following to make this project.

Maybe anyone could help??????

greetings Walter

Set up a virtualbox virtual server in Mac OS or Linux running Windows XP.

Das klingt alles sehr interessant. Kannst du schon sagen, welche Sprache am Ende herauskommen wird, wenn alles klappen würde? Ich werde mich mal umhören, ob ich einen Linux-Profi finde, der bei dieser speziellen Sache helfen kann.

Hier ist ein Link für einen Emulator, mit folgendem Satz in der Beschreibung: Source code can now be compiled to build a linux version

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/archives/346-PSP7800-Atari-7800-emulator-for-PSP-v1.2.0-UPDATE.html

Habe den aber nicht getestet und kenne ihn nicht.

For all: I asked, how the programming language would be called, if it is finished

Edited by donnerkuh

Speaking as a Mac user, the only 7800 emulators on the Mac I know that can debugger are MacMESS and Mac SDLMESS. MacMESS is pretty outdated but the debugger might be of some use. This has a little more info about Mac SDLMESS.

• 3 weeks later...

If the mythical XM keyboard is released I'm definitely up for getting a BASIC interpreter onto the XM.

(Thing is... I can't write my own and don't have any I can release without a strict "do not sell" policy, so... it would obviously be better to do it from the ground up. I do have some generic and readily ported console code though, which is designed to interface with the EHBASIC interpreter.)