IGNORED

MultiRAM on eBay

OLD CS1

There is a MultiRAM upgrade on eBay. I was thinking about it, but it might go up more than I can pay right now. Anyway, I tried hitting up Yahoo! and Google, but I cannot find anything as I do not have the patience to wade through the commercial results and "kinda like" crap. It is the 16-bit 32k expansion which installs in the console, I get that, but is it fully compatible? As in, take-the-32k-expansion-out-of-the-PEB compatible?

Edited by OLD CS1

A quick run through at MainByte, and I found this article:

TI 99 32K16

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/32K16/32k16.html

That is some neat stuff!

It's a pretty good console mod. I have been running one for about 3 years with no problems. If you combine this with an overclocked processor you can get an almost twice as fast console when running assembly stuff such as editors and assemblers etc. Contrary to conventional wisdom this mod does not interfere with disk access or RS232 communications (neither does the 14.31818 crystal for that matter.) I would highly suggest it if your the adventurous type ;-).

Yea man... Marc Hull has this upgrade. It's awesome and a switch can switch it off and on. I'd LOVE to have one of these

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1304550854241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130455085424&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is your chance, only $17 right now.

Edit: although it does look like it is missing a couple of the sockets. I have not asked, but even so they are easily obtained.

Marc, post pictures of your mod, I'm curious to see what all it consists of. Also, how "clean" is the implementation? Does it socket into anything? I assume you have to run some various wires to pick up signals? What about bending pins on chips? Ugh, I hate that stuff.

If this kind of a mod is in demand, I can make a board... But I don't think you can do this without soldering, right?

Geeze, would someone just do all the leg work and get back with me?? ;) Google? What's that? I love this site: Google

Matthew

Marc, post pictures of your mod, I'm curious to see what all it consists of. Also, how "clean" is the implementation? Does it socket into anything? I assume you have to run some various wires to pick up signals? What about bending pins on chips? Ugh, I hate that stuff.

If this kind of a mod is in demand, I can make a board... But I don't think you can do this without soldering, right?

Geeze, would someone just do all the leg work and get back with me?? ;) Google? What's that? I love this site: Google

Matthew

It's a bit of a bitch to take this beast apart so here's a pic from the outside. There is not much original TI Design left here but it works and is completely stable.

All the mods require some point to point wiring but the 32K16 board on Ebay has only 14 or so jumpers. It does require you to pull the SRAM's from the Mobo, Piggyback a logic chip, cut a trace etc. It's not real difficult but fairly tedious. I believe that Richard Bell may still have some of these boards that originally came from the SNUG group (at least that is where I got mine.)

I would offer that the biggest advantage to this mod is in assembly time if you are using a ram disk. About twice as fast as without the mod. If you are using a floppy though it becomes a moot point as the file access kills any speed gain.

post-23893-129027499856_thumb.jpg